Thread: online translator not working at all

Corporal

Exclamation online translator not working at all

APP from Taiwan store, Language English, Player location China.

My online translator is not working at all, unless I use a VPN.....

since you are in China, this does not surprise me at all. Convince your government to remove the wall of censorship and everything will work OK
    time's up.

Corporal
    You are funny, first of all, I am not chinese< i just am located here so not much I can do about china's great fire wall policy, second of all, if you get a chinese app store download online translator does work, however the worlds I play in are different from those I can select in the chinese app download version.

Quote Originally Posted by a1ex View Post
    You are funny, first of all, I am not chinese< i just am located here so not much I can do about china's great fire wall policy, second of all, if you get a chinese app store download online translator does work, however the worlds I play in are different from those I can select in the chinese app download version.
    I confirmed the reason the translator will not work - the great Firewall of Censorship in China - and you already provided the solution - use a VPN.
    The translation action submits a request to third party APIs. Somewhere in that chain of actions of the not-sanctioned-for-use-in-China application, requests are made of servers that the Great Firewall of Censorship has blocked. In the this-app-complies-with-censhorship version, the requests are made or handled in such a way that the Great Firewall of Censorship does not block them.
    As for the worlds being different, indeed. The Great Firewall of Censorship wants to be able to censor those who interact with those under its thumb, so the Chinese version of GL gets its own little walled garden to play in.
    time's up.

Corporal
    thanks z3nithor,

this is a very clear answer.