Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primus Damage Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by qw3r72 View Post
    Oh wow you are right I did not realize it is an automatic counter that makes it a lot better, it also means with Carter you can instant kill Primus if I am not mistaken. I wonder if they might change him due to that....
    Do the 2 people with Carter (+50 all) still play? I know several with Dark Carter (+35 all) are still here

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilence View Post
    at
    This one does have more features, and I am grateful for the share. However unlike the other calculator, this one isn't as easy to understand when it comes to the data.

I would however appreciate some understanding on what all the extra data tabs are for as well as some tips on how to better interpret the data on some of the graphs (colored dots etc.).

Perhaps a graph legend with a small explanation for each graph would help.
    If you don't turn on "Plot Stat Summaries", your only feedback from each simulation is the blurb that will appear on the "Reporting" sheet. The Reporting sheet is also the only place you can observe the full inputs for the simulation, and the average performance of each commander (# of shots, misses, S-ATKs, etc).
    If you do turn it on, you get one sheet per (new) simulation. This sheet exposes the raw damage numbers (excepting self-damage caused by poison) per ship per iteration. It also determines the damage breakdown as a function of number of locks (the two graphs on the left side). The data source for these graphs is the data table on the top right. Basically, the dots/lines indicate the spread of damage observed for a given number of locks - each dot is a quartile (0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%) of the damage distribution for that particular number of locks in a battle round.
    The graph on the right is the distribution function for that particular simulation. the blue line (damage frequency) indicates how often you dealt approximately that amount of damage, and is read off the left axis. The red line is the cumulative damage ranking, and is the normalized integral of the blue line. If you were to find the point where the red line crosses the 20th percentile, you would know that 80% of the time you do more than that amount of damage. The 0 / 50 / 100 percentiles are included on the "Reporting" sheet, as Min, Median, and Max, respectively.

Of the plots, the plot of damage distribution is arguably the more important one and the one that should drive decision-making. The per-lock plots are kinda analysis for the sake of analysis
    Last edited by z3nithor; November 29th, 2015 at 17:37.
    time's up.

Lieutenant
    No idea if they still play, I guess there are 3 people with the Chinese servers included. Lets hope none of them tries it :-D

Lieutenant
    Ok so I bought him and tried him, I nearly doubled my damage...
    I recorded a large part of it and uploaded it, maybe it will help you z3nithor :-)
    https://youtu.be/cfOhfuv5F6s

Ok so I bought him and tried him, I nearly doubled my damage...
    I recorded a large part of it and uploaded it, maybe it will help you z3nithor :-)
    https://youtu.be/cfOhfuv5F6s
    Sure looks like it goes to the next commander in the firing order

Very nice damage output too.. 10,000+ M
    time's up.

Maybe better Cryptor formation shown here: https://www.facebook.com/talal.alaza...80253/?theater

I tried to find out when the round chain is broken here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So it looks like it is better not "to elsa" ;-) Cryptor and only to two non-lock FS specials in a row break the sequence...
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Lieutenant
    I am pretty sure it is better to use elsa since she makes cryptor survive much longer and gives more locks (thaddius counter attack), the following gave me the best results for now.
    ooooooooooooooooo.jpg
    I do around 2B more damage with it than the guy in the Video and I hit for about the same or even less.

I guess I will write a short program for it during the holidays that can simulate it. But to go through all the case differentiation by hand takes forever. Someone also suggested to use Quasimodo instead of a second locker but I think this should not make a difference besides that Quasimodo himself probably hits harder than Thaddius

Brigadier
    z3nithor, could you maybe add Quasimodo as well to the simulator? If you have time.
    ---------------~o~---------------
    Ofer.s724, World 682, Android

Lieutenant
    Tryed the formation from the FB post without elsa just to be sure that it is not better and it does about 3B less damage which is quite significant!

Quote Originally Posted by sofer View Post
    z3nithor, could you maybe add Quasimodo as well to the simulator? If you have time.
    He is in the to-do list
    However, I have end-of-the-year grant reports that take priority
    time's up.

Tryed the formation from the FB post without elsa just to be sure that it is not better and it does about 3B less damage which is quite significant!
    Hi qw3r72,

thank you four testing this! :-) Can you post a rough estimate how much your best pre-Cryptor Primus formations compares to your post-Cryptor formation, please!

Cheers
    N.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]