Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primus Damage Simulator

Primus Damage Simulator

Make your copy from this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...soc/edit#gid=0
    When a new version is released, yours will display a hideously large "New Version Available"

To use:
    File-> Make a Copy (you may need to sign into your Google Account first)
    Open your copy, then use the "Simulator" menu tab to "Authorize"
    edit your fleet, Primus's attributes, and the simulation parameters (type things!)
    Simulator menu -> Run Simulation

Selected relevant lieutenant abilities are incorporated, including
    • Flynn+3 (chance of 20% 1-round damage boost to rangers)
    • Elsa+4 (chance of rangers becoming invisible for 1 round)
    • Khala (+penetration to all)
    • Violette (+hit rate to all)
    • Dingo+4 (FS 30% s-atk attribute boost)
    See the Lieutenants sheet for the full list.

Also supported are random fleet accumulator boosts, from Frost Jr (30 to 1) and Dark Carter (35 to all), and self-invisibility from Cabal

Output
    The Reporting sheet should highlight things you most care about - average shots fired per position, avg. number of hits, times blocked, and S-ATKs fired, along with initial hit rate, accumulator value, and penetration - rather than stuff those at the very end so you have to scroll back and forth. Damage to Primus (which includes poison, which is not attributed to any one commander, though curses are explicitly accounted for per commander) is summarized by global iteration minimum, maximum, average, and median. If you opt to plot stat summaries, you will get another sheet with charts that detail the number of locks per round to expect, how you can expect damage to track as a function of locks, and the frequency distribution of a given damage output, in addition to a good portion of the iteration-specific raw data from your chosen commanders.

Interpreting
    You probably are trying to compare a few setups... so you have a few comparison options.
    • Sum the average number of hits per commander to get total average hits per round.
    • Compare measures of central tendency
      Avg damage - simple... should be similar to your total damage divided by the number of rounds in an actual battle
      Median damage - 50% of the time, you'll do more than this amount of damage. 50% of the time, you'll do less.
    • PDF/CDF of battle damage (from extra plots) - A visual display of the distribution of round outcomes, allowing you to pick the one with a more suitable distribution.

I don't plan to implement the following unless convinced they are worthwhile uses of my time:
    • Confusion mechanic
    • Kilian's 10x attack boost
    • Trickster S-ATK fleet buff
    • Aethos "5x" S-ATK & fleet buff
    • dark/holy/bypass damage (just add directly to S-ATK attribute, since Primus has no defense)

Feedback/Requests/Bug Reports/Donations welcome
    Last edited by z3nithor; November 3rd, 2016 at 00:29. Reason: updated things i wont add... because i added some
    time's up.

Ty, plan on testing this out against the other calculator by Galapagos.

Brigadier
    Vigilence, the Galapagos calculator is old, simplistic and was never on the same level as the one by z3nithor.
    There is no comparison whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by sofer View Post
    Vigilence, the Galapagos calculator is old, simplistic and was never on the same level as the one by z3nithor.
    There is no comparison whatsoever.
    at
    This one does have more features, and I am grateful for the share. However unlike the other calculator, this one isn't as easy to understand when it comes to the data.

I would however appreciate some understanding on what all the extra data tabs are for as well as some tips on how to better interpret the data on some of the graphs (colored dots etc.).

Perhaps a graph legend with a small explanation for each graph would help.

Brigadier
    z3nithor, could you please add Cryptor to your simulator?
    He seems very interesting for Primus.
    ---------------~o~---------------
    Ofer.s724, World 682, Android

Quote Originally Posted by sofer View Post
    z3nithor, could you please add Cryptor to your simulator?
    He seems very interesting for Primus.
    Indeed he does. I'm not sure how the extra stasis is applied when all commanders are at 100% base health. Izolda places her "lowest HP" shield on the 1st firing commander if all are at 100% health, and I can't recall how Annica does it when all are at 100% either. This is a rather key detail to understand
    time's up.

Brigadier
    I think that for Annica it is random if all are at 100% health.
    If you look at the handbook, it seems that Cryptor gives it to the first ship in the firing order. I ran the demo 10 times with the same result. Maybe assume that? Or, is there a way you can ask tap4fun?
    ---------------~o~---------------
    Ofer.s724, World 682, Android

Lieutenant
    I would be very interrested in Cryptor aswell, there are quite a few setups that look interresting with him. You will also need Primus penetration for it, do you already know it by any chance z3nithor?
    Also elsa +4 might actually get usefull here aswell.
    Maybe even Akhenaton? You can maybe use him instead of a depleter and catch Primus S-ATK with him while he is unkillable.
    Also you could consider Carter and Darrien I think there might actually be potential to break Primus :-D

Quote Originally Posted by qw3r72 View Post
    I would be very interrested in Cryptor aswell, there are quite a few setups that look interresting with him. You will also need Primus penetration for it, do you already know it by any chance z3nithor?
    Also elsa +4 might actually get usefull here aswell.
    Maybe even Akhenaton? You can maybe use him instead of a depleter and catch Primus S-ATK with him while he is unkillable.
    Also you could consider Carter and Darrien I think there might actually be potential to break Primus :-D
    Elsa+4 is already handled, as is Dark Carter's and Frost's accumulator boosts

As far as Primus penetration... do you think it is necessary? When Visit of Death proc's, it appears to be an automatic counter unless the damage is from an S-ATK. And if you don't have the stasis buff, you're dead even if you do block the shot.

In the next version, I will probably include an input for Primus's hit rate. ETA is > one week.
    time's up.

Lieutenant
    Oh wow you are right I did not realize it is an automatic counter that makes it a lot better, it also means with Carter you can instant kill Primus if I am not mistaken. I wonder if they might change him due to that....