Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rookie guides: Ships, ship's stats and battle equations explained

Rookie guides: Ships, ship's stats and battle equations explained

Galaxy Legend game is built around battles, and battles are carried out by fleets consisting of 1..5 commanders on each side. i think this subject has to be explained to novice payers

Commander's attributes
    There is a plethora of commanders (ships) available in the game and this number is constantly growing at a breathtaking rate.
    Every commander has his particular combination of standard attributes (17 right now in total).
    Among those attributes there is one called "accumulator". Every time when ship fires it's own attack, as well as in majority of cases when the ship is hit by opponent fire, the accumulator gains 25 points. Once accumulator is charged to 100 or beyond, the next time when the ship is going to fire it will fire it's special attack.

Special attack is particular to every ship, can be monomer (hits only one target just like regular attack does), multihit (horizontal, vertical, cross, irregular (Seagal and Armoray) or self.
    Special attack usually has some side effect that could be useful for your team. Read carefully ship's description for those side effects a special attack could have.
    Self special attack is to be found only on some ships. In this case no direct damage to opponent ships is dealt (Octo for instance).

As i said, every commander has a set of 17 attributes (but some of those attributes are equal to 0)
    I will try to explain briefly each attribute (also called stat). Later on I'll address battle equations that make uses of all those stats for a complete description.

Screenshot_20160808-213352.jpg

1. Primary ship attributes (primary stats)
    HP (health points) - the amount of damage a ship can sustain before it is removed from the battlefield. Can be improved by armor reshape/hull reshape.

ATK (attack) - the regular attack power of the ship. The regualr damage dealt to an opponent ship is computed based on this attribute. Not available for destroyers.

DEF (defense) - the regular defense ability stat of a ship. When attacked, the DEF amount is deducted from attacker's ATK and what's left will be called regular dealt damage and will be used further to compute exact damage that will be applied to attacked ship.

SATK (Special or Super attack) - ATK stat modifier when a special attack is fired due to accumulator increase to 100 or above. SATK value is added to ATK and determine the final ATK used further in equations.

SDEF (Special or Super defense) - DEF stat modifier when defending agains a super attack. SDEF value is added to DEF and the result is used further in equations.

EATK (Electrical ATK) - this stat was introduced when destroyers were introduced into the game. Accordingly, it has a positive value only for destroyers and is used instead of ATK in battle equations when a Destroyer class Ship attacks.

EDEF (Electrical DEF) - also a stat introduced when destroyer class has been added to the game. It substitutes DEF stat in battle equations when defensive power is computed in case of a destroyer's attack.

SHD (Shield) - a stat particular to Protector class, normally has value 0 for all other classes. SHD act as additional HP for protectors and for this reason is somehow redundant in the whole game mechanics. I suspect that additional HP shields given by different commanders (Dark Asgard, Annika, Lance, Geoffrey) during the battle are added to this parameter by game engine. Intake "damage dealt" is deducted first from SHD stat and if there is more damage, the rest goes to HP. Graphically represented by a bar (for protectors only)

SPD (Speed) - a parameter that determines who will start the firing sequence in a battle. Actual speed of the entire fleet (lieutenants effect included) is determined when a battle starts. The fleet having higher total speed will start the firing sequence, and in case of a tie the first opponent to fire is to be determined by flipping a coin

Right now all base stats except EDEF can be improved by technologies, corresponding equipment and galactonites, coatings (except Shield and Speed), some lieutenants skills (except Shield) or by augmenting the ship.
    EDEF can be improved only by spending tech points on corresponding technologies in Research Lab.

Most base stats can be improved further by TSx modules. The bonus added to base stats by TS modules are applied before equipment bonus or galactonites.

ACCUM (Accumulator) - also a base stat that determines if next attack will be a normal one or a Super attack. Super attack is triggered every time when accumulator has a value greater or equal to 100. Accumulator is increased by 25 points every time a ship fires normal attack, and in most cases (exceptions are mentioned in handbook) accumulator is charged by 25 points every time when a ship is hit. Super attack depletes accumulator. Some commanders have Super attacks that could charge with more than 25, could discharge or even deplete target's accumulator.

2. Percentage stats

CRIT (Critical chance) - a parameter used to determine if an attack will be converted to a critical attack.

ANTICRIT (Anti critical chance) - this stat of attacked ship is compared with CRIT stat of the attacker and if it is lower a critical attack may be triggered.

CRIT ATK (Crittical attack damage modifier) - this stat act as a multiplier for computed damage to be dealt if a critical attack is triggered.

PEN (Penetration) - parameter that is evaluated when determining if an attack will pass opponent's defenses or can be blocked. It is compared against it's counterpart stat called Block (see below)

BLOCK - Parameter responsible for ship's capacity to block an attack. If attacker PEN parameter is lower than defender's BLOCK, there is a high chance that the attack will be blocked. If an attack is blocked, the attacked ship gets only 1/2 of computed damage.

HIT (Hit Rate) - This stat determines in conjunction with attacked ship's DODGE the chance to hit the opponent or to miss. Works pretty much like PEN/BLOCK pair.

DODGE - parameter that determines ship's ability to dodge enemy fire. If the chance of dodge is given, the ship will take no damage at all from attack (but also will not charge it's own accumulator on enemy fire)

Percentage attributes can be improved only by galactonites, TS modules starting from TS2 and by some commander's lieutenant skills.

Special note here: all stats except Speed can be altered during a battle by side effects of Supper attacks. Check carefully the Handbook for each ship Super attack description.

Now let's take a look at those battle equations that are involved (thanks to Zein and all old forum contributors to sorting out this subject in this thread)

First of all, let's specify that in every case there are 2 ships involved: I will refer with (1) the attacking ship and with (2) the defending commander.

In Player vs Player battles, the damage dealt = the damage that is subtracted form attacked ship's SHD or HP is computed using one of following formulas:

Basic Attack
    ATK1 - DEF2 = Damage Dealt

In the case of regular attacks it is simple: Attacker has ATK, defender has DEF. The bigger the difference between those two (and assuming that ATK1>DEF2) the bigger will be the damage dealt. What happens when ATK1<DEF2??? The answer is simple: normally 0 damage will be dealt to the defender. But for some reasons tap4fun designers decided to substitute 0 with a small positive value (like 21 or 22) so every time when you'll see a ship doing 22 damage you'll know that in fact his Attack power is inferior to defender's DEF stat. Actually, every time when subtraction part of the formula is 0 or lower, it is replaced by this small positive value (otherwise it could lead to a "healing" effect on attacked ship )

Critical Attack
    (ATK1 - DEF2) x Crit_Atk1 = Damage Dealt

By comparing Attacker CRIT stat AND defender's ANTICRIT, in cases when Crit is higher and the dice rolls are in your favor the regular attack could be replaced by a more powerful attack called Critical Attack. It is quite simple - the Basic Attack resulting damage is multiplied with Crit_Atk value of the Attacker. Since Crit_Atk parameter is higher than 100%, Critical Attack will deal always more damage than regular attack.

Special Attack
    [(ATK1 + SATK1) - (DEF2 + SDEF2)] ACC1 Spec_Mod1 = Damage Dealt

With big thanks to the tap4fun dude responsible for commander's description, we have here a mess: S-ATK ship's stat AND the Spec Modifier that refers to the Damage dealt as a result of special attack are noted in description with the same code S-ATK
    In this picture below I did separate them (I hope once for all): Spec Mod is in text description while S-ATK is ship stat in the same area with ATK, DEF, E-DEF etc

Screenshot_20160808-213348.jpg

As you remember, a Special Attack is triggered when Accumulator is greater or equal to 100%. When effective accumulator value is over 100, we call that an OVERCHARGED accumulator as ACC1 value will act also as a multiplier. For a really high overcharged accumulator (let's say 200% or more) that could result in a devastating special attack that will wipe you out from the map (actually that is exactly what happens in some stages of the wormholes kindly designed for us by t4f guys with Dingo-like destroyer or Flagship )

Critical Special Attack
    [(ATK1 + SATK1) - (DEF2 + SDEF2)] Spec_Mod1 Crit_Atk1 x ACC1 = Damage Dealt

Nothing complicated here as it is the same Special Attack as before but "enriched" with a Critical. Let's call it the worst case possible, as with a good Tekken and an overcharged Accumulator this Critical Special Attack will probably remove affected ships from the battlefield

For the rest of the battle equations (PRIMUS battle and for Regular vs Destroyer sets) please reffer to the original topic that is to be found HERE
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; August 8th, 2016 at 20:11.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

After a discussion in this thread i think it may be useful to add some information about percentage stats of the commanders.

I will try to explain how i understand the percentage stats values:

The baseline values (chances) for Hit Rate, Block, Dodge, Penetration, Crit chance, Anticrit are all 100% for any commander

There are few commanders having a 5% penalty on their hitrate (Broom Bones with 95% and few others). This penalty is the reason why the hitrate baseline is displayed as 100% and not 0%, like it is for other percentage stats. It will be odd to see a commander with -5% bonus on hitrate, after all

There are no commanders with penalty on dodge, block, penetration, crit attack chance, anticrit so far in the game, as far as i know, so the 100% baseline value for those 5 stats is discarded on dispaly

There are commanders who have some bonuses on percentage stats compared to baseline.
    For penetration, Block, Crit attack chance, anticrit and dodge the bonus is displayed using perchentage values over 0
    For hit rate the bonus is shown as percentage value over 100%
    Therefore 5% value on dodge and 105% hitrate are equal.
    5% bonus to baseline dodge is translated into 105: 100%(from baseline) + 5%(from bonus)
    Considering all this, a hitrate of 190% and a dodge of 90% will result in a draw situation for hit/miss chances for a given pair of attacking/defending commander.

In case of block/penetration pair, as well as in case of crit attack chance/anticrit, the shown percentage bonuses can be compared directly since they all have the same baseline of 100%.

I hope this little explanation will help you to read and to compare correctly all percentage pairs of stats.
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; May 3rd, 2017 at 12:11.

Computing chances based on perchentage stats: since we have no access to exact formulas used by t4f in this part of battle, we can only guess what happens.

My first guess considers that only one random number is generated when determining effective dodge/block/crit attack chances of a given attack.

I can speculate that block, criticals and dodge chances are triggered based on a random generated value compared to normalized block(dodge/anticrit) vs penetration(hitrate/critical chance) values of the defender vs attacker.
    To explain my assumption better i will use only dodge/hitrate pair.

Let's say the attacker displays dodge of 30% while defender has 110% on hitrate
    The 110% displayed on hitrate is actually 10 points.
    Now, those 2 values have to be normalized.
    30 == 1
    10 == x
    Therefore x = 0.33
    Now, by deducting 0.33 from 1 we get effective chance of miss of 0.67
    Translated to "normal" language this mean that there is 67% chance to dodge an incoming hit for given pair of attacker and defender.
    The random number generator will provide a value in 0..1 interval. This value is compared with the effective chance to miss value computed and if it fits in the interval, the dodge will be triggered.

Also i can speculate that a small (let's say 1%) dodge/block/critical chance is granted in case of commanders having 0 dodge in order to avoid divide by 0 error (this assumption is based on 22 damage from battle ecuations - devs could use the same approach in all similar cases.
    In this way even if there is a huge difference in block/penetration or dodge/hitrate (maybe also crit/anticrit) attributes there is still a chance to deal full damage.

Once again, keep in mind that this is purely my guess about how the dodge/block chance is given by game engine
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; May 3rd, 2017 at 12:15.

Section Leader
    Hi, i already know this, but beginners will be helped with this thread
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice

very useful information for beginners...

For a GALACTONITE GUIDE - Energy needed and Level improvements please refer to http://galaxylegend.tap4fun.com/foru...l-improvements
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

For Flagship & Commanders Augmentation costs please refer to http://galaxylegend.tap4fun.com/foru...entation-Costs
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Всем привет вы не подскажите возможно ли перевести весь сайт на Русский?

Quote Originally Posted by BRITANIK View Post
    Всем привет вы не подскажите возможно ли перевести весь сайт на Русский?
    When browsing using Google Chrome, there will appear an option to translate the entire webpage from its current language into your computer's set language. Alternately, for sites with mixed content, you can use the Google Translate extension to highlight text and view the translation in a tooltip-style text.

При просмотре с помощью Google Chrome, появится возможность перевести всю веб-страницу с текущего языка на установить язык вашего компьютера. С другой стороны, для сайтов со смешанным содержимым, вы можете использовать Google Translate расширение для выделения текста и просмотра перевода в тексте подсказке стиле.

The extension link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...hkkikfgjllcleb
    time's up.

Based on the discussion in this topic and enlighted by z3nithor's observation on alternative with 2 dice rolls that can be used to determine how a pair of percentage attributes (dodge/hitrate, block/penetration or anticrit/critical chance) is triggered, i would like to share here an another guess on how the chance of dodge (block, critical attack) may be computed

Please note that, while formulas for computing dealt damage are clear and repetable, there is no direct way for us players to learn how exactly percentage stats are used in chance based effects like dodge block etc.

In case when 2 random values are generated for each pair of percenage attributes, the result can be determined as follows:
    First, the Dodge/Hitrate pair is corrected, most likely by adding 100 to the dodge value displayed in the game interface.
    Second, each percentage stat is adjusted by a random factor (there could be only one pair of random values that is applied to all 3 cases or there could be 3 different pairs - i have no clue right now on this detail)

The computed results are compared and the best value triggers the corresponding effect

I will try to write down some simple formulas to help me better.
    I will use the following notations:
    D1 = Dodge value of defending commander
    HR2 = Hit Rate of the attacker
    B1 = Block value for defender
    P2 = Penetration value for the attacker
    AC1 = Anti Crit value of the defender
    CC2 = Critical attack chance of the attacker
    R1x, R2x - randomly generated values

Dodge/ Hit Rate pair
    D1 R1d = Chance of dodge
    HR1 R2hr = Chance of Hit

If resulted Chance of dodge is greater than computed chance of hit then the attak is dodged.

Block / penetration pair of stats:
    B1 R1b = chance of block
    P2 R2p = chance of penetrating defenses
    If chance of block is higher than chance of penetration then the attack is blocked

Anticrit / Critical attack chance
    AC1 R1ac = chance to avoid critical attack
    CC2 R2cc = chance to deal critical damage

If the chance to avoid critical attack of the defender is higher than chance to deal a critical attack for the attacker, then simple attack will occur.

So far i think that this guess on how percentage stats are evaluated during a fight is better than previous one based on normalization -
    2 dice rolls approach does not require normalization of attacker/defender stats
    Minimal amount of computing power is required on the server side when a battle is calculated
    The formulas involved are straightforward.
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; May 3rd, 2017 at 17:33.