Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year Exchange. Need advice

New Year Exchange. Need advice

Hello, I have noticed that there was a new year event. And as for me. im a rookie player. with like 25M power force. I kinda need help on what ships and etc i should get. I was originally thinking of getting Sturdy. Since i have seen one of the.. review on him. And have been battling many of them and always get wrecked.
    So i wanted to ask if picking him is a bad opinion or get another hero instead.
    Currently heroes that im using are: Lance, Valerie, Kit, Jackie. And my commander ship.

Also. sorry if im sending this to the wrong sub-forum. im new around here.

Hi Night, what level are you at?

Sturdy if you shoot first is very good until level 80s, because he attack 5 consecutive times and each consecutive time will deal 1M Holy Damage (that is True Damage) that cannot be mitigated. And until you are much higher level, 1M is good enough to kill a commander.

Long term, it's hard say, the current (or previous) commander to get is (was) Nicholas. And by the time you reach level 110, the situation most probably would be different from now, as the commanders currently introduced seem to be trying to balance the game up.

What's your situation in arena as that would help you gain credits especially if you are in top 3.

And finally, what's your money commitment like? Are you buying the silver month card?

General advice: play daily, complete all tasks (except perhaps the purchase credits unless you want to really open your pocket to fund this game), and collect. Join the highest level alliance if possible to get the alliance bonus as that will help you gain EXP points when you rush.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Hey Nopo. Thanks for responding.
    Currently im sitting at level 75. And still growing up.
    Thanks for the information about Sturdy. coudlnt find him in the.. "Book"
    I am in rank 202 in arena right now.
    Money commitment? Bassicly a FTP player rn. I dont think i would be spending money at this game. But i was thinking about it.
    I play daily aswell.
    But if you have any other hero suggestions i could get from the new year exchange. Please tell me. Thanks for responding. ^^

With thanks to JLeroux's New Year Event items collection who calculated the items possible to be collected freely, with chance and with spending. This may give some idea on what is possible for you.
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/

Alright. ill see what i can do.

If you are able to, Roland is the item to get because he is an SS commander that is faster almost all others with a nice special of 100% lock and 100 accumulator refill. Many players are planing to get him.

From Facebook sharing by players. It looks like 17-25K in credits to buy additional gold, silver and copper coins to top up the coins that can be collected freely by completing the activities.

One-Star Admiral
    This also seems a good event to get an S6 commander. If i am able (and very lucky) to get 1 or 2 100 coins from a pack i may go for one of those. And now the big question is who should i go for: Aldebaran, Nicholas or Shane? I have Raksha+7, Sturdy and Brian atm. Raksha still helps me win many battles, i am second fastest on my server.
    Aldebaran is much stronger than Raksha, Nicholas is the commander everyone has (and gets) and Shane looks like a better killer than Nicholas...Any suggestions from those who have them?

Hi bloody9,

I did not check what coin commitment is needed for an S6 but any S6 will outdate over time. I still play Raksha with great satisfaction. But Raksha is not only a commander, imho, I think it's more a fleet concept. Most other fleets are more or less a set of commanders, sometimes with a few synergies. This works mainly if you keep up with commander development.

Aldebaran would most likely replace Raksha because two protectors might be hard to augment and are risky because Kit is still a very frequently used lieutenant. If he goes off he is a threat - no question - but dependence on luck and formation will increase. Personally I have no trouble with Aldebaran normally if I start the battle because once blocked by Kit he becomes a lame duck.

Nicholas is still a badass commander although there are several new tools against hidden commanders (Annie, Louise, Aldebaran, the new Protector). He interacts nicely with Raksha if you can T augment Raksha but that's a very long way with free augmentation stuff. Of the three commanders you mention I "fear" Nicholas the most.

Shane I rarely see. He has better stats than Rick but lacks the same: debuff. Any commander that just deals damage becomes a minor threat as soon as Slade fired his protective special. It's like a free accu recharge by 25 points. He is also vulnerable to Annie's Striker freeze. Commanders like Elena, Richard, Nicholas with debuffing specials (accu drain, curse and lock) are much more needed in todays fleets, imho. Shane is a little bit a win-more commander from my point of view. If your attack is rolling anyways Shane can speed you up on path to victory but if you are on losing track I think he rarely will turn the scales.

So from your options I would decide between Aldebaran and Nicholas. It depends a bit on your play style.

My favorite selection is Roland. He got a nice update and will be cheaper as the 4 S6 packs you will need probably. Roland will make your Raksha fleet faster and be a solid debuffer on his own. Later you could add more firepower.

The only other way to get a useful SS is to participate many times in the monthly SS portal (skipped last month) which takes 12k Credits each time for a trial which will give an Dark SS most of the time... So getting a useful SS for relative cheap price without gambling (except for the packs' coin drop rate) is a unique offering as far as I remember.
    Last edited by Nachteule; January 9th, 2019 at 09:37.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

One-Star Admiral
    Nachteule, thank you very much for your in depth analysis, just as i am used to get from you. Yes, you are right in every aspect, i have thought this over too and reached the conclusion that Roland is the best choice now (excluding the fact that i don't really have the finances necessary for an S6 commander in this event). And at a very careful calculation (what i spent for packs so far, what i am able to get for free and how many coins i will still need in the last day) i see that i can get him for around 11.5k - 12k credits.
    Thanks again mate, cheers!

S6 only 40 parts .....
    hyperion.s398 - World 398 Android : wink-new: