5th commander - who should I go for

Hi all,

I am at 110 and currently having the following formation :

- Slate T-II +9 (mileena +7)
    - Richard +12 (knous +7)
    - Raksha +9 (kit +4)
    - Galaxy Lord +7 (jackie +1)
    - Cynthia +7 (Violette +4)

I got Galaxy Lord today and also upgraded Richard from 10 to 12 today. I need to replace Cynthia and I need to start saving again (GL took almost 37k). Who should I be aiming for ? I was thinking Rick. I am not a heavy p2p, just the daily 400 credits + 80 + 100 permanent pack.

Thank you
    Last edited by ktfzone; November 8th, 2018 at 13:27.

Lieutenant
    I am not very experienced, but even I understand that Rick is not as effective as he used to be. Most people here would recommend going for Nicholas, since he can win you battles single handedly no matter how strong your opponent is. This will cost you Richard's augmentation however, since both are rangers.

Invisibility is a dying skill though, with the advent of so many exposers. So looking at the long term, I would instead advice you to go for Aldebaran, replacing Raksha, because he has got three awesome skills - 100% lock, exposing invisibility, reducing damage by 90%. I personally believe he is the strongest ship in the game right now.

If you really want another striker to replace Cynthia, I say go for Shane instead. He has the same invisibility rate as Rick and slightly better stats.

Also, be careful about Galaxy Lord. If your opponent has Slade with skill C, he will always hit Galaxy Lord with a lot of damage, since he has the lowest ATK. Better get Herbert fast and put him on Galaxy Lord.

Getting Nicholas would be so painful , seeing that would mean I would have to give up Richard (I have 40 Richard stone as well that might be handy if improved past 15).

I will start saving again and decide later. Thank you for the advice. I will prioritize getting Shane and Herbert and I will think about Aldebaran and Nicholas.

P.S. any advice for formation for my current commanders ?

I am currently using

--- galaxy lord Slade
    cynthia richard ----
    raksha ---- ----
    Last edited by ktfzone; November 9th, 2018 at 06:43.

Lieutenant
    Having Raksha fire last is somewhat weird, since you would ideally want him to make your fleet invisible first, and Kit to block opponent protector ASAP. Putting him last increases chances of opponent Kit blocking him.

GL firing first is also somewhat awkward, since generally he is used to remove buffs, and there are not many buffs in the beginning of the battle. Also, he would get hit first meaning he dies quickly, since he has a low defense.

So maybe consider switching their places. See if your success rate increases or not.

Maybe switch Richard and Cynthia too, since Richard should fire as soon as possible for his debuffs to be effective.

I honestly think other more experienced players here can help you more, but that's all I can tell you.

Aldebaran still, quite expensive..!
    Triad.s729, world684(Android)
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Aldebaran still, quite expensive..!
    Of course, they won't give such a strong commander for cheap. He wasn't even available in world cup choice pack from what I heard.

Yeah, I realised my mistake when I posted the formation. I will use Raksha first, then Richard, Slate, GL and Cynthia.

Quote Originally Posted by ktfzone View Post
    Yeah, I realised my mistake when I posted the formation. I will use Raksha first, then Richard, Slate, GL and Cynthia.
    I would fire Slade first, after him Raksha, then Richard, GL and Cynthia...
    That would be my order of attacks, because of great skills Slade has giving that great shield of his to whole fleet, and damaging opponents fleet hard in first shot. Having Raksha first will not mean much since if other guy hits you first, Raksha is gonna be plunged of powers anyway.
    Better to retaliate fast and shield yourself right after...

This way Slade TII gives shield by itself that saves the fleet as well. This furthermore because of opponents destroyer that with Slade can be resolved fast.

You can record some good fight and stick it here after uploading it to youtube, if you're uploaded any earlier.

cheers
    Triad.s729, world684(Android)
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

Lieutenant
    Yeah, that's much better. Do let us know if you find something interesting!

I see many players using Slade as their Protector. The advantage of Slade is that he cannot be suppressed and once he releases his shields even poisoned ships can survive and fire back.

From my point of view only a fast fleet opening the battle with Raksha really benefits from Raksha's skills. Therefore I think it might grant more success moments to drop Raksha instead of putting him at a later firing position?

On the other hand the much bigger number of player I meet in Galaxy League uses Slade + Knous or Nicholas + Knous as opening commander. If you can avoid their hit Raksha can fire his special usually against those opponents.

My own fleet relies on Raksha that much that I switched to 2 Cosmos Commanders. But that Raksha can hide with +T gives him really an edge over many younger commanders.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]