Thread: Shop DNA - rusty player needs some help :)

One-Star Admiral

Shop DNA - rusty player needs some help :)

Hi guys,

I am back in the game after 1 year break, and finding it exciting again...don't know for how long though.
    I started a new character on a new server and i am currently level 75 and 4h place in arena, with good prospects for 2nd place.
    I see there is again an even with commander DNAs in the shop. I don't know what the current meta of the game is, so i have some questions for you:
    1. I can get Raksha for 11700 credits (2 DNA with 10% discount). Is he still a viable commander, and is he a viable one at my level? Is he too expensive to get now, should i wait for another type of event where i can get it for a cheaper price?
    2. I can also get Cryptor, Alfred or Retrobot....any of them any good still? Currently i have only Cabal and Hunter...and i bought only one silver month card...don't want to invest more than that..
    3. Should i wait for one of the commanders in the next 2 days? do you have any recommendations for a good commander in my price range and level?

Thanks in advance for your advices.

Welcome back! I think not so many things are different compared to one year back.

If you missed the opportunity to get Slade as flagship you missed a crucial commander from my point of view as Slade makes your fleet 4k faster than non-Slade fleets. If you got him - congratz - nice timing!

Raksha can still be great but only if shooting first and even than you need a good fleet setup of commanders disabling opposing commanders. One thing that is really painful fur Raksha is Annie (a Rover) which can be used as lieutenant and if Annie triggers she will unhide your fleet. Additionally for being able to recover Accu faster Raksha needs a Stardust R7 at lv 11 (= 40 M Gala Energy). What I want to say is Raksha makes sense only if you are willing to built-up a strong Raksha and a good supporting fleet. Raksha alone will not win you battles.

Commanders that can win battles alone are Nicholas, Rick, Shane. They can hide and if hiding streakes then even low level players can kill a full lv. 110 fleet.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

One-Star Admiral
    Nachteule, thank you for your answer, always helpful, just as i remind of you.
    No, i didn't got Slade, i just came back 4 days ago. Also, as i said, i am on a new server (i am level 75 currently), the only player here spending a lot is the one in first place in Arena, he already has Rick and Sturdy, but no OP lieutenants so far. As for the other 2 players in front of me, they are really normal ones, with a few very old school commanders (Lance, Aquos, Annica) and a few levels ahead of me.
    So, i am inclined to spend a little to get some commanders that will give me some edge against those 2 other competitors...and in this shop DNA event there are Cryptor, Alfred, Retrobot for 2850 credits or 3600 credits. Should i get one or more of those, considering my level and the status of my server or do you think it's a waste of credits and i should limit only to what i get for free from portals?

One-Star Admiral
    2 more questions please:

1. Is there still an event for Krill? where i can get it for less credits than the 4680 credits i could buy him for in the current shop offer?
    2. Any ideea how much Burglar Kate might cost (price range) in the shop offer tomorrow (striker and flagship)? I have 10.5 k credits, do you think i have a chance to get her?
    Last edited by bloody9; October 26th, 2018 at 08:19.

Get krill, doubt he'll be cheaper, recently most s6 commander prices increased or stopped decreasing because of t augmentation, which let's you go beyond +15,you now can mostly only buy ship parts, not DNA in events.. Even DNA will just convert to ship parts if you have them... Just milking players for more with old commanders and people looking for higher augmented ships... Case in point, my Louisa DNA converted to parts after the update and recently paid more for the other half of ship parts to clone her, sucks, just wanted her speed in league, not to use.

Raksha still fantastic and in my 13 billion fleet, daily fight in top 3 of my server, everyone but top guy has him in top 10, because he has aldebarron and top speed... I'm strongly considering galaxy lord for Rick exchange because Annie freezes him most times and no one in top 10 uses him or has him, despite being great vs new protector and slade buffs... I'd get Raksha, even without stardust, hell mostly active every turn because everyone hitting him, and if you have high block and shoot back vs regular attack, accumulator will surely fill, which sounds like your situation with the new server and old commanders not all at 100 accum refill

Generally the shop offers with DNAs had two variants in the past:
    Shop which offer to buy 2 DNAs were way overpriced recently. Just look at the price for a Scott DNA (a FS). Even the 10% discount for buying 2 DNAs at once is a bad joke.
    Shop offers which accompany a Monopoly or Chest event had acceptable prices occasionally. But you can buy only a single DNA / Ship Part set. So you need to wait for next month's repetition.
    Last edited by Nachteule; October 30th, 2018 at 09:30.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

One-Star Admiral
    Thanks for answers Nachteule and Jie, indeed Raksha is shooting his special every turn, i'm glad i invested in him. I didn't got any other commander in shop, fortunately i read in time other posts that stated that offers to buy 2 DNS are overpriced

Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by bloody9 View Post
    Thanks for answers Nachteule and Jie, indeed Raksha is shooting his special every turn, i'm glad i invested in him. I didn't got any other commander in shop, fortunately i read in time other posts that stated that offers to buy 2 DNS are overpriced
    Yeah, nice job. Commanders were indeed overpriced this time in the shop. A couple of weeks ago I got half of Cynthia's parts for around 6.5k credits from the chest (most people would consider investing in Cynthia a bad decision, but I know what I am doing) and this time she cost 10k credits in the shop. Similarly for other commanders.