Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacing Raksha

Brigadier

Replacing Raksha

I have been watching most of my battles in League and arena and the past couple of weeks I have noticed Raksha not making it out of the 1st round half the time. It's time I think for me to think of a new strategy. So here's my setup:

Raksha +9 w/Krill
    Nico +12 w/Knous
    Richard +12 w/Annie +4
    Rick +12 w/Herbert
    Kate +7 w/Kit

I almost have enough resources to bump Nico to +13. So I should be able to replace Raksha with Hayley +9 easy. I have one 1st place pack from the WC event and my choices are QR, Muro or Lycan. Lycan just has never impressed me so that leaves me with QR and Muro. QR is interesting since she does hit hard and well suited to freeze enemies and has a great buff. Muro is a pure defensive commander but can buff SATK slightly. Now to take QR means making some decisions with Richard and Nico. I don't have enough chips to do more than maybe taking her to +6 so anything higher means reducing Richard or Nico (+6 does mean not taking Nico to +13).

So would it be better to reduce Richard down to +10 and bump QR to +8 or make both +9? Or replace Richard with her completely? I have heard Richard and Nico sometimes cancel each other's specials. QR wouldn't. Or would Muro +9 be a good fit?

Do you rely on Nicholas and Richard's other special (non-weaken) to dispose of your opponent's or rely on either commander's weaken special to win?

In other words, how critical is the weaken special in winning battles for you?
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Brigadier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    Do you rely on Nicholas and Richard's other special (non-weaken) to dispose of your opponent's or rely on either commander's weaken special to win?

In other words, how critical is the weaken special in winning battles for you?
    I have Nico go first because of his hide, which sometimes hides Richard. Then Richard. I guess I use Richard to add coverage for when Nico's specials don't all hit. I don't really keep track of what usually hits because Richard's are all 50%. I figure between the 2, whatever gets hit is going to be hurt enough for when Rick's turn comes around. That all depends if I have 1st shot, then it comes down to survival.

Interesting discussion here. After several weeks with Annie's new lieutenants skills I decided to go ahead with Raksha. Even if the fleet is uncovered the strike hits Raksha as the coding of unhiding is a bit weird: First the target is determined, then Annie unhides, and then the special attack is done.

So in most cases Raksha still provides a lot of protection against the omnipresent Richards and Nicholases. And not all commanders have Annie attached to the first firing commander.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

And why don't you just consider Aldebaran, and you're set for a long time... Like Raksha when he was introduced!
    Triad.s729, world684(Android)
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    And why don't you just consider Aldebaran, and you're set for a long time... Like Raksha when he was introduced!
    I doubt that Aldebaran will be used for such a long time like Raksha. Raksha allows the faster player to control the battle. With Aldo it's a lot more luck/randomness involved. Therefore I prefer Raksha. At the moment I am not considering to bench him as all other combinations I could use (like with Rick, Odin, Murometz, ...) if I encounter them in the league I usually defeat.
    Galactic Chairman
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Then why in CTC almost all highest positioned players are using Aldebaran!?
    We can see here that most wining players are using three S6 commanders the most:
    Richard, Nicholas and Aldebaran...
    ~~~ HERE ~~~

As we see, most of battles in august event were won by players with these three commanders, when it's up to S6.
    Only better stats are at players with highest SS and newest SS commanders like Anakin in our arena, and others like earlier Pong, & those Chinese rich father children..!
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

Then why in CTC almost all highest positioned players are using Aldebaran!?
    I suggest you ask those players. I can only speculate about their decisions. Obviously one precondition is met: They all own Aldebaran.

You asked why I don't consider Aldebaran - and I answered you: Because I have Raksha and Raksha performs well enough. And because I don't own Aldebaran. Secondly you stated Aldebaran will be as long useful as Raksha - I doubt that, but only time can tell.
    We can see here that most wining players are using three S6 commanders the most:
    Richard, Nicholas and Aldebaran...
    When all participants of CCC would use those commanders your statement would still be formally correct but would still not transport a useful information. You have to look at the losers as well and they use those commanders, too. This has nothing to do with a profound analysis. One really interesting question is how the fleets with Aldebaran performed and how fleets without Aldebaran performed with respect to the total number of battles they did. Don't get me wrong I don't want to offend you. But on the other hand I think you are throwing around with statements that are not proven.
    Great work by Donnie, indeed. But lets have a closer look at the performance of Aldebaran vs. Raksha. Many more players used Aldebaran than there were Raksha users. The Aldebaran performance was 41 to 37 win to lose and Raksha performed with 8 to 3 win to lose. In the first strike/win analysis Raksha's performance is even better. That's why Donnie clearly states in his CCC review: "If you shoot first then Raksha seems like the best choice if you play defensive - he had 100% wins and he is good protector against all the cross attackers."

My own experiences with Raksha tell me the same. Thanks to Vela'rath I have a fast fleet. Getting Aldebaran will - in most cases - not make my fleet better than it is. I would lose fights that easily are victories with Raksha and I would win fights in other situations. When someone would give mit the Credits to buy Aldebaran I promise to test him personally!
    Galactic Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    I suggest you ask those players. I can only speculate about their decisions. Obviously one precondition is met: They all own Aldebaran.

You asked why I don't consider Aldebaran - and I answered you: Because I have Raksha and Raksha performs well enough. And because I don't own Aldebaran. Secondly you stated Aldebaran will be as long useful as Raksha - I doubt that, but only time can tell.

Great work by Donnie, indeed. But lets have a closer look at the performance of Aldebaran vs. Raksha. Many more players used Aldebaran than there were Raksha users. The Aldebaran performance was 41 to 37 win to lose and Raksha performed with 8 to 3 win to lose. In the first strike/win analysis Raksha's performance is even better. That's why Donnie clearly states in his CCC review: "If you shoot first then Raksha seems like the best choice if you play defensive - he had 100% wins and he is good protector against all the cross attackers."

My own experiences with Raksha tell me the same. Thanks to Vela'rath I have a fast fleet. Getting Aldebaran will - in most cases - not make my fleet better than it is. I would lose fights that easily are victories with Raksha and I would win fights in other situations. When someone would give me the Credits to buy Aldebaran I promise to test him personally!
    Then I'd say that some credible study of first hand experience with Aldebaran would be welcomed for direct battle comparing between these two.

I'm shooting second with most 110 lvl commanders and my lvl is 105. But I can see that achieving higher ship Lvl makes me shoot first over some 110 lvl commanders. Since I have two rangers in +10 and Rick at +12, Raksha is +11...
    Seems that Raksha should go to highest lvl first..?

"When someone would give me the Credits to buy Aldebaran I promise to test him personally!"
    Lool , this is crazy statement and it makes me feel the same..! :P

Offended!? Not at all, in any way.
    Always good to hear valuable critics, with respect to credibility of experience by your side.

Seems that I'll stick with Raksha and save credits for some S7, rather than Aldebaran which was no1 priority to me!

cheers

Brigadier
    I dumped Raksha because I wasn't 1st shot. He ended up getting in the way rather than helping. In fact, he ended up not making it out of the 1st round. Now if I knew I had 1st shot most of the time, maybe. With Lt Annie, Raksha's hide ability is becoming obsolete. I give him maybe a couple of months before he's completely useless as more and more people get her and augment her high enough. But even as 2nd shot, I neuter Raksha's hide 70% of the time. I don't always win, but I win most often even against 20B fleets. Before I dumped Raksha, I was winning 30% of the time. Without him, I win 70% of the time. If it wasn't for Lt Annie, I would have brought back Raksha once I got Slade.