Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny Annie or The New Pain to Choose the Lieutenants

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    I think Annie will change the metagame a lot. The decision to add the freezing for Strikers I don't understand really. This will take out Strikers from the list of useful commander classes...
    This will take out ALL the strikers except one from S7 class that will have lock for Annie's antihide!

This decision to destroy hiding effect that was in a way carrier of this game through various commander classes as well as most combos used nowadays, makes only one calculation here imho, more money milking from us cow-players..!!!

Taking out all strikers mostly Odin and Rick is gonna put emphasis again on speed when both players have Annie +7, first one will render second useless!

In my case, to make things worse, I have just Odin and Rick DNA x1, so now I'm in no use of using two strikers combo anymore, unless I spend on Annie...

Second thing, this ability of her makes place for some new commanders in a least creative and most stupidest way possible. Like the firm is run by no brainers there!!!

Dumbest way of making place for some more spending with the autumn entry card for S7 class...!
    Triad.s729, world684(Android)
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

Brigadier
    Having used her so far my conclusions is she doesn't really affect any part of the game. If you are desperate in getting her for this skill, rest easy. I haven't won or lost any more battles than I did before I used her. I have her at +4 now and I might get her to +7 but I have to ask is it worth 10%? At +4 she unhides and freezes strikers. I have yet to ever see her freeze and only once saw her unhide Rick (only to see Nico hide him again). To me, it's not worth wasting the chips, cores, and crystals to get her to where she might be decent. She's easily worked around by having Nico activate his hide right after she unhides Rick. Also 60%/60% isn't good enough to waste the chips, cores and crystals to get her to +9 when I can use them to get Nico to +13 or buff 2 other commanders another augmentation level.

Brigadier
    And to boot, a way to beat her is to replace your striker(s) with a non-striker (I have enough to put out 3 rangers at 10/10/9).

Keep in mind I see eventually a LT that nullifies the special of a particular class for all classes except for the FS. Imagine the strategy considering you can only nullify 4 of 5 possible commanders at a time. I also see in making it more of a thinking game having LTs that add offensive buffs so you have to have a balance of LTs, defensive LTs, or offensive LTs. If Tap, can really balance the game, LTs would add strategy to an otherwise dull game. Keep in mind, only in arena can we see our enemy's LTs. PC, CTC, war all don't give those stats so you don't really know what they have and LTs don't affect the force number.

If you are considering switching Striker out "to beat her" what is this other than changing the metagame? If I use the term metagame I mean the sum of currently widely used strategies. Some aspects of our current metagame are speed at any costs, Nicholas & Richard everywhere, Murometz, Galaxy Lord on the rise, Strikers doomed, Raksha doomed. Before Annie it was quite different. More Raksha, Rick everywhere, different lieutenant setups, different first shooters.

At +7 Annie makes already a difference and I will make her +11 as soon as we have the next augmentation event. +13 is not needed as she will take out Strikers often enough that they will vanish. Also (at least in my case) the Strikers are not one-shooting my commanders so the major issue to counter is hiding Striker-freezing will be bonus.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Brigadier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    If you are considering switching Striker out "to beat her" what is this other than changing the metagame? If I use the term metagame I mean the sum of currently widely used strategies. Some aspects of our current metagame are speed at any costs, Nicholas & Richard everywhere, Murometz, Galaxy Lord on the rise, Strikers doomed, Raksha doomed. Before Annie it was quite different. More Raksha, Rick everywhere, different lieutenant setups, different first shooters.

At +7 Annie makes already a difference and I will make her +11 as soon as we have the next augmentation event. +13 is not needed as she will take out Strikers often enough that they will vanish. Also (at least in my case) the Strikers are not one-shooting my commanders so the major issue to counter is hiding Striker-freezing will be bonus.
    I just don't see her doing that much. At +11, she's only 60% proficient. That's a ton of resources for something that is niche. I'll just place strategically where Nico has a chance to hide Rick. If I can get Rick to be the last man standing, then Annie is spayed since you need a target for her to unhide and freeze. If she were closer to 100% and she worked even when there isn't a target, then I'd agree with you. But they coded Annie's LT skill with too many loopholes.

A scenario that could work is putting her on your FS and also using Hayley to provide that 70 accum. The idea is making all commanders a possible candidate for Annie, not just the usual 100 accu guys like Nico and Richard. But I don't want to waste a slot for Hayley if all she is doing is buffing accu. I just haven't seen any battle yet where Annie beat me. Still Rick and not having 1st shot is my weakness.

It's really hard to say. Nachetuele share with me his experience is more 50/50 while mine seems to be skewed to freeze (almost 100%)

image.jpg in Pandora yesterday server morning
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

with the start of the new server week, Annie's chance to activate now is more like the 50% freeze and 60% reveal that it should be, at least in the league. The activate is more balanced especially for longer battles.
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/

Brigadier
    She's really useless. I see her fire sometimes in a battle but once I whittle down the enemy to where he has a lone Nic or Rick, she's no longer a factor. The only time I see any benefit is when I take out Rick and/or Nic before the rest of their fleet is gone. What I'm seeing with younger players is they are creating a super Rick or Nic and having just enough firepower in their other commanders to setup their Rick/Nic to finish the battle off. I've seen where a 4B force fleet took out a 20B force fleet. It's not full-proof, but I have lost in War thinking I've got this noob beat and I lose my win streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinn View Post
    She's really useless. I see her fire sometimes in a battle but once I whittle down the enemy to where he has a lone Nic or Rick, she's no longer a factor. The only time I see any benefit is when I take out Rick and/or Nic before the rest of their fleet is gone. What I'm seeing with younger players is they are creating a super Rick or Nic and having just enough firepower in their other commanders to setup their Rick/Nic to finish the battle off. I've seen where a 4B force fleet took out a 20B force fleet. It's not full-proof, but I have lost in War thinking I've got this noob beat and I lose my win streak.
    That's a pity. When i was viewing my battles in the recent Conquer the Cosmos (2018-09), it made me tense watching a Nicholas going invisible and weakening my fleet, fortunately my Aldebaran was not in the line of attack and had full accumulator. Still it took 4 rounds of this invisible Nicholas shooting and weakening and disposing of my commanders one by one, before Aldebaran decided to reveal invisibility and lock this Nicholas. I decided, the next battles I would target a 30 point fleet with S4/S5 commanders, to get to my last few 26 battles to get the 300 win streak reward.

One-Star Admiral
    For the recent CTC, I also target those with only S4/S5 Cmdrs until I get my 300wins