Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Murometz or Nicholas

Brigadier
    Slight chance I might have to bump Hayley and put back Raksha at lvl 9.

Brigadier
    I wonder if 2 strikers would work, especially if Rick and Lycan. Pair them up with Richard and Nich, it could be a killer fleet. You have Rich n Nich soften them up with curses, weakness, befuddled, then hit them with Lycan and then finish with Rick. I'd shoot Rich first since he plunders the entire enemy fleet. Think about it:

Richard fires first and has multiple chances of various effects in a cross pattern and plunders DEF from all enemy commanders. Then Nich hits in a cross attack and poisons his targets for 2 rounds, and possibly weaken them further. Then there's a chance to hide himself and the weakest commander. Then Lycan is up and plunders 12% of the enemy HP (total HP or current, not sure) and reduces the target's DEF by 50% and also poisons (does poison stack with Nich?) After all that, Rick hits and most likely destroys whoever is in front of him. Then Kate places her reflect on 2. Rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinn View Post
    Of my 2 1st place packs I had, I took Rick. I've looked at my inventory and if I used 3 rangers, I'd have just 10/9/9 with a lvl 10 rick. I'm not sure if that's good enough to tackle the Top 10 in arena. Most fleets in the Top 10 are mostly 10+ with one at 13 or higher. I'll never have 1st shot against any in the Top 12 due to all of them having Future and a couple with Scott and Kate can't compete with either of them. Even with 4x lvl 10 dual r7 speed and 1 single lvl 7 r8 speed, it's not even close. I need to go all in on Future in the near future:P

So I wonder if I can use 2 rangers, Rich and Nich, at 12/11, and use the extra to bump Rick to 11? That leaves Hayley at 9 and Kate at 8. Keep Knous on Hayley and Herbert on either Rich or Nich. Maybe put Krill on Rick or the other half of R/Nich.

I still feel your best chance would be 3 rangers with lower augmentations, if they are Rich, Nick and QR/GH.
    If you still want to go with Hayley, then I'd put Krill on Richard as he's the one with best probability of surviving one powerful hit (after firing his special), Knous on Rick and Herbert on Nick. That way you have curse/debuff possibility on your 3 main commanders. Hayley and Kate will be mostly cannon fodder, and between those two I'd put Hayley in the first spot to die, as Kate special might buy you one round of your best commanders.

If your speed difference is between Kate and Future/Scott, have you consider using a Dark SS/SS commander in your 4th spot? If it is to be cannon fodder, it might as well be worth to win some speed and maybe best some of your opponents by shooting first.

Brigadier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbolt View Post
    I still feel your best chance would be 3 rangers with lower augmentations, if they are Rich, Nick and QR/GH.
    If you still want to go with Hayley, then I'd put Krill on Richard as he's the one with best probability of surviving one powerful hit (after firing his special), Knous on Rick and Herbert on Nick. That way you have curse/debuff possibility on your 3 main commanders. Hayley and Kate will be mostly cannon fodder, and between those two I'd put Hayley in the first spot to die, as Kate special might buy you one round of your best commanders.

If your speed difference is between Kate and Future/Scott, have you consider using a Dark SS/SS commander in your 4th spot? If it is to be cannon fodder, it might as well be worth to win some speed and maybe best some of your opponents by shooting first.
    Never bothered to even consider a Dark SS or SS. Let's see, Hayley has 112780 for speed. Arturis has 112595 speed so no good there. Same with Dark Asgard. That leaves dark hartmann with 112595 and dark phoebe with 113080, so she gains 300 speed over Hayley. dark phoebe does a decent job of removing commanders for a turn. Sona has a 100 speed increase over raksha, if I went that route. Still not enough to overcome a 1200 speed differential on fleets with future.

I will say Raksha is a dead commander now that fleets feature richard and nicholas. I'm lucky to survive 2 rounds at lvl 11, so unless you can add a few more levels to raksha, time to move on.

So for kicks, I'll try 2 fleets once augmentation event is here:

Fleet 1

Richard +10
    Nicholas +9
    QR +9
    Rick +13
    Kate +9

Fleet 2

Richard +13
    Nicholas +11
    Raksha +9
    Rick +9
    Kate +8

Night, you like the 1st fleet better than Fleet 2. I just don't see anyone using QR anymore. None of the Top 20 on my server uses her and only 1 uses GH. The majority of the fleets are: Nich, Rich, Rick, Raksha, FS. Some replace Raksha with Hayley. And most of the time, Rick is +15.

Never bothered to even consider a Dark SS or SS. Let's see, Hayley has 112780 for speed. Arturis has 112595 speed so no good there. Same with Dark Asgard. That leaves dark hartmann with 112595 and dark phoebe with 113080, so she gains 300 speed over Hayley. dark phoebe does a decent job of removing commanders for a turn. Sona has a 100 speed increase over raksha, if I went that route. Still not enough to overcome a 1200 speed differential on fleets with future.

I will say Raksha is a dead commander now that fleets feature richard and nicholas. I'm lucky to survive 2 rounds at lvl 11, so unless you can add a few more levels to raksha, time to move on.

So for kicks, I'll try 2 fleets once augmentation event is here:

Fleet 1

Richard +10
    Nicholas +9
    QR +9
    Rick +13
    Kate +9

Fleet 2

Richard +13
    Nicholas +11
    Raksha +9
    Rick +9
    Kate +8

Night, you like the 1st fleet better than Fleet 2. I just don't see anyone using QR anymore. None of the Top 20 on my server uses her and only 1 uses GH. The majority of the fleets are: Nich, Rich, Rick, Raksha, FS. Some replace Raksha with Hayley. And most of the time, Rick is +15.
    Ok, but most of those guys also have Future or Scott, right? So they are at same speed level between themselves. Probably slower than some and faster than others.
    Since you are a 2nd shooter you need to try and change the order of the fight. You can only do that by debuffing the opponents (either lock, curse or confusion work) since they buy you one special atk of your own where you can disable your opponent next shooter. So the idea needs to be target the enemy's next shooter and disable him before he can fire.

With Raksha and 2nd shot you are bound to be in trouble. Raksha can be disabled in several ways on the enemy's first shot. Debuff, Knous, Kit, straight kill from a overpowered Rick, Richard, Nick. Against lower or slower fleets he might work, but for me it is a big risk. Also, if he can't deploy his special in first round, with so many cursers and big hitters you are bound to reach 2nd round with only 2/3 commanders (and still firing 2nd), and Raksha is not a big hitter, so even if he survives the chance he can win a Nick or Richard is really low.
    With QR you can play with her lock and her crit increase. you'll have to play a lot with your formation from fight to fight, but that you always have to do as a 2nd shooter.

Dunno if you have any other commander as alternative. Fedor for his reflection, GH for his accu lower and strong hit, Odin for his curse and ability to disable enemy Rick with Volkoff might be good tries too. Louise can buy you one more round, but chances are you go into hit deeply cursed.

Being a 2nd shooter is hard...

In Arena shooting second is almost a loss unless you switch your formation frequently. Players can attack and re-attack with adjusted formation. So many debuffs exist at the moment so commanders that hide are of great help like Rick, Odin, Nicholas. If you go first Raksha is still great but if not I think a well-developed Rick/Nicholas team is still the best threat for a second shooter. Kates refraction shields are very useful too. When I used her I let her fire in the 3rd place to protect my fleet.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Brigadier
    So it looks like the consensus is Fleet 1. Guess I'll focus on saving up for Future, at least. I might gamble on the portal event and see if I can grab an SS commander from the ranger list (since I already have 2 dark ss rangers). Guess if I pick up one of those that gives me more speed than my enemies that use future/scott. Can only hope right?

So it looks like the consensus is Fleet 1. Guess I'll focus on saving up for Future, at least. I might gamble on the portal event and see if I can grab an SS commander from the ranger list (since I already have 2 dark ss rangers). Guess if I pick up one of those that gives me more speed than my enemies that use future/scott. Can only hope right?
    Probably it's better to save for S7 flagship. I suppose another speed jump will happen to force players to evolve. I went for Future 2 weeks before Scott has been released as I supposed it will take more time for the next FS to come but I was wrong. I could imagine that we see a new FS and probably a new destroyer in 5th anniversary event end of August.
    Galactic Chairman
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    Probably it's better to save for S7 flagship. I suppose another speed jump will happen to force players to evolve. I went for Future 2 weeks before Scott has been released as I supposed it will take more time for the next FS to come but I was wrong. I could imagine that we see a new FS and probably a new destroyer in 5th anniversary event end of August.
    Not sure since they also introduced Natasha recently. I think s7 FS will be the last s7 to appear so they can milk a bit more Scott whose price is still high (50-55k). On the other hand, Rover and Destroyer s6's are outdated (except for GL) when comparing with Ranger, Rick and Aldebaran, so I'd expect those would be the first classes to have a s7 introduced. Worth to mention that tap is not rational, so they can do whatever they want...

One possibility I am thinking it can happen, based on recent changes, is that they try to revamp SS and Dark SS commanders before introducing new s7. It seems they are making them (first dark SS) more available through monopoly's and the monthly CP event. I expect they want weaker players to bump their speed overall so that it drives the sell out of new ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbolt View Post
    One possibility I am thinking it can happen, based on recent changes, is that they try to revamp SS and Dark SS commanders before introducing new s7. It seems they are making them (first dark SS) more available through monopoly's and the monthly CP event. I expect they want weaker players to bump their speed overall so that it drives the sell out of new ships.
    I don't think tap is doing a favor to themselves with improving old SS commanders. The more they improve to reasonable quality the more players will play them (as long it affects commanders like Sky Mightlis which are in in the portals). So I don't think this trend will last.
    Galactic Chairman