Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Murometz or Nicholas

Between Nicholas (weaken & invisibility) and Queen Reindeer (Critical chance & hit rate)
    I pick Nicholas because weaken means opponent won't special attack me and give me good chance to dispose them

Queen Reindeer I'll choose if my commanders are missing attacks a lot. But new S6 commanders don't really have a problem with missing attacks most of time.

In both cases Caroline will be replaced (ranger replace ranger)

Haley could replace Louis (rover replace rover) and the added 50 to accumulate can supercharge your commanders damage - don't think it's as good as Queen Reindeer's increase fleet critical chance buff, but still it's a good damage add on
    Last edited by Nopo; July 27th, 2018 at 00:29. Reason: added missing text from copy and paste
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    What would you take in my place then and with my sub below..!?
    I have one Richard DNA, one Odin, and one Rick.

Maybe QR to choose would be choice for free commander, or Hailey, or again Nick!?!?
    For me it would be Nick too, however I need to say that Queen can make a really good difference. Not cause of the hit rate, cause as Nopo mentioned most of s6 don't miss that often, even on a buffed Caro or Hailey, but cause of the critical atk, which ensure (99% of the time) that your other commanders will all crit. This can be a good combo for when you finish Richard and Rick.
    Btw, you can't choose QR from this package. Are you still holding to a 1st WC place package?

Although I made the case for Queen I do think Nick is a better choice at this time. They are two different types of commanders. QR is team player and Nick is more solo one, being able to win you battles on his own (QR will do this way seldom).

As for who to replace, I wouldn't replace Caroline just yet, specially if you have her dodge up to 160% (when buffed) at least. She can still win you some battles and is very useful on Primus events. If you have the chips to at least +7 another ranger I'd replace Cynthia for now and when you get Rick then I'd replace Louise. You'd be running a 2 ranger fleet and paving the way for Caro replacement with Richard or QR later (or any other new Ranger). I believe you'll want to replace Raksha with Aldebarann eventually, that's why I am not touching him here, but beware that Raksha special reduces Rick and Nick special importance (although it doesn't remove it completely as it can still be useful once Raksha dies).
    Another option is to keep Louise when getting Rick and removing Raksha, relying on Nick and Rick invisibility and Louise Stasis to survive some more rounds.

At the moment I am preparing myself to run a 3 ranger fleet with Caro, Nick (pack) and Richard (eventually) and Rick as the outsider. When a new other class commander appear I can then take one of the rangers and use the extra chips to quickly (or more quickly) +15 the remaining 2 (planning to run the 3 ranger fleet at least until all are +11). Until I get Richard I'll have Hayley backing Caro, Nick and Rick to fight off some accu plunderers I still encounter)
    Last edited by Nightbolt; July 26th, 2018 at 17:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbolt View Post
    For me it would be Nick too, however I need to say that Queen can make a really good difference. Not cause of the hit rate, cause as Nopo mentioned most of s6 don't miss that often, even on a buffed Caro or Hailey, but cause of the critical atk, which ensure (99% of the time) that your other commanders will all crit. This can be a good combo for when you finish Richard and Rick.
    Yes, that's my observation too. I had to replace the critical chance with weaken to be competitive. In the end i chose a curser which weakens opponent to stop surviving commanders from shooting their special attack, especially nowadays with so many autofill accumulator commanders.

As for who to replace, I wouldn't replace Caroline just yet, specially if you have her dodge up to 160% (when buffed) at least. She can still win you some battles and is very useful on Primus events. If you have the chips to at least +7 another ranger I'd replace Cynthia for now and when you get Rick then I'd replace Louise. You'd be running a 2 ranger fleet and paving the way for Caro replacement with Richard or QR later (or any other new Ranger).
    Nightbolt's suggestion has good point, a "hurt" Nicholas and Caroline loop (with both invisible and or dodging) can turn the battle for you, under optimal conditions, especially when the battle doesn't seem to go your way.

Looks like i missed out some text in my copy and paste
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    Haley could replace Louis (rover replace rover) and the added 50 to accumulate
    Haley could replace Louis (rover replace rover) and the added 50 to accumulate can supercharge your commanders damage - don't think it's as good as Queen Reindeer's increase fleet critical chance buff, but still it's a good damage add on
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/

Brigadier
    Yeah I took Nic also to go with Richard. I still have 2 1st place s6 packs still to choose and I'm siding with QR and either Rick/Lycan.

So my fleet might end up like this:

Nicholas lvl 13
    Richard lvl 11
    Raksha lvl 9
    Striker/Rover lvl 9
    Kate lvl 8

I plan on sitting Hayley and Odin in favor of either Rick/Lycan. Not sure yet since I hate Rick and Lycan is very weak compared to Odin.

You might hate Rick, but probably that's because you still don't use him. Get him and pump him right and when he starts winning you some "lost" battles on his own you'll love him.

Taking QR from pack not to use her seems a bit waste. If it would not be to use her I'd take Lycan and Rick, since I expect Lycan price will take longer to fall. With Richard and Nicholas not many people will want to go for 3rd Ranger so interest in QR might fall, and with it her price too.

I just got Nick and prepared my fleet for 3 rangers (2 at +7 and one +9 for now). After getting Scott I'll go for Richard and end up with Richard, Nicholas, Caro, Rick and Scott. Hopefully when I up two of them to +12 I can get a replacement for Caro (Aldebarann is the target, but still missing several months to have to think on that) and increase the other two up to +14 or +15.

In your position I'd go for Rick and maybe replace Raksha with QR going full offensive. I guess Rick, Richard and Nick with QR buff can make some serious damage. And with your chips you can have them 3 at +10,+10,+9.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    Yes, that's my observation too. I had to replace the critical chance with weaken to be competitive. In the end i chose a curser which weakens opponent to stop surviving commanders from shooting their special attack, especially nowadays with so many autofill accumulator commanders.
    Could this be Odin in my case. Two rangers and two strikers in the formation is a good idea!?!?

opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo
    Nightbolt's suggestion has good point, a "hurt" Nicholas and Caroline loop (with both invisible and or dodging) can turn the battle for you, under optimal conditions, especially when the battle doesn't seem to go your way.

Haley could replace Louis (rover replace rover) and the added 50 to accumulate can supercharge your commanders damage - don't think it's as good as Queen Reindeer's increase fleet critical chance buff, but still it's a good damage add on.
    Formation problem solved. I settled to go for next combo: Nickolas, Richard, Rick and QR.
    The latest could be replaced with curser ie. Odin or Hailey... But for now I think that QR with these commanders is a killer formation...

For now, I'm waiting chip for Richard and Rick. In the formation are: DFS, Cynthia, Raksha, Nickolas and Caroline.

When I finish with QR latest, it'll be 3 rangers and one striker:
    Nickolas, Richard, Rick, QR and maybe Scot ...
    Triad.s729, world684(Android)
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

Btw, you can't choose QR from this package. Are you still holding to a 1st WC place package?

Although I made the case for Queen I do think Nick is a better choice at this time. They are two different types of commanders. QR is team player and Nick is more solo one, being able to win you battles on his own (QR will do this way seldom).

As for who to replace, I wouldn't replace Caroline just yet, specially if you have her dodge up to 160% (when buffed) at least. She can still win you some battles and is very useful on Primus events. If you have the chips to at least +7 another ranger I'd replace Cynthia for now and when you get Rick then I'd replace Louise. You'd be running a 2 ranger fleet and paving the way for Caro replacement with Richard or QR later (or any other new Ranger). I believe you'll want to replace Raksha with Aldebarann eventually, that's why I am not touching him here, but beware that Raksha special reduces Rick and Nick special importance (although it doesn't remove it completely as it can still be useful once Raksha dies).
    Another option is to keep Louise when getting Rick and removing Raksha, relying on Nick and Rick invisibility and Louise Stasis to survive some more rounds.

At the moment I am preparing myself to run a 3 ranger fleet with Caro, Nick (pack) and Richard (eventually) and Rick as the outsider. When a new other class commander appear I can then take one of the rangers and use the extra chips to quickly (or more quickly) +15 the remaining 2 (planning to run the 3 ranger fleet at least until all are +11). Until I get Richard I'll have Hayley backing Caro, Nick and Rick to fight off some accu plunderers I still encounter)
    Thankz Night, already did this and result will be formation with three rangers...!

Looks like Rangers indeed ARE the best commanders in this game..!!!

cheers all, and tnkz for the suggestions ...
    Triad.s729, world684(Android)
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

Triad. Could be. 2 rangers and 2 strikers. Did try a 2 strikers with Volkof combo. And it was helpful but uncertain against striker fleets aka Rick

I don't like the two strikers idea just cause in my opinion strikers die too easy. I think rangers are the best balanced class, with good def stats and great specials. They don't hit as hard as strikers, but usually their special compensates for that. Rover could be the same, but their special is so much more focused on helping your own team instead of debuffing your opponent that they loose effectiveness.

In my opinion this is how ti should be:
    Protector: High def and s-def and specials focused on defending your team (Raksha and Aldebaran are good examples). Low atk

Destroyer: Bypass def (as it is), high s-atk and e-atk, low hp, def and s-def. Great offensive specials. Galaxy Lord is a great example. At the moment the only Destroyer worth having cause his offensive skills compensate for how easy he dies.

Striker: high atk and s-atk, low def, s-def. Great offensive special. Special should be worse than destroyer's one and def/s-def/hp better. The idea would be that destroyers can die with one hit, but strikers would take at least 2. But on the other hand destroyer would hit harder than strikers

Rover: High S-def and S-atk, low atk and def. good support specials. It would be resistant to enemy's specials but die faster on regular hits than, for example rangers

Ranger: High Def and atk, low s-def and s-atk. good debuffing specials. More permeable to s-atks, but would resist well to general hits

With the ascent of accu refill commanders, rangers would be less effective defensively, but on the other hand their curse/debuff specials would still make them worth to use. On the other hand, Rovers would be more effective defensively, giving more emphasis to help your own team surviving and fighting another round. This change (actually it is a simple decrease in def stats of rangers and increase in s-def stats of rovers) would make a protector/rover combo much more useful, extending battles and removing the influence rangers are having now. Balanced fleets with Protector, Rover, Ranger, Striker would be a possibility.

As it is now, using two rangers (Richard and Nicholas at the moment) is a must, and Rick is still a battle solo winner, so you are left with only one spot. You can go for a Protector to give more chances to your curses and Rick and then you make your fights dependent on speed (first to shoot usually disables Protector, or curses half the opponent fleet with curse+Knous combo) or you can go for a second striker making it more luck dependent, hoping for a disabled Rick (through Volkoff) or that the 2nd Striker kills some opponent with some side-effect (Odin curse). Rover is mainly left as an outsider since battles of strong fleets are usually very fast, so Rover does not have time to make any impact on your fleet.
    Last option is the 3 rangers fleet, which is a mix between luck and speed dependent. If you are faster you still have great specials that might tip the battle straight away (so comparing with a Protector fleet you just go all-in to the kill). If you are slower you rely on luck to survive a couple of hits and make some curses. This is why the 3 ranger fleet is at the moment one of the best alternatives, because you can use it on both sides of the speed issue.

Brigadier
    Of my 2 1st place packs I had, I took Rick. I've looked at my inventory and if I used 3 rangers, I'd have just 10/9/9 with a lvl 10 rick. I'm not sure if that's good enough to tackle the Top 10 in arena. Most fleets in the Top 10 are mostly 10+ with one at 13 or higher. I'll never have 1st shot against any in the Top 12 due to all of them having Future and a couple with Scott and Kate can't compete with either of them. Even with 4x lvl 10 dual r7 speed and 1 single lvl 7 r8 speed, it's not even close. I need to go all in on Future in the near future:P

So I wonder if I can use 2 rangers, Rich and Nich, at 12/11, and use the extra to bump Rick to 11? That leaves Hayley at 9 and Kate at 8. Keep Knous on Hayley and Herbert on either Rich or Nich. Maybe put Krill on Rick or the other half of R/Nich.