Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Murometz or Nicholas

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    I don't think tap is doing a favor to themselves with improving old SS commanders. The more they improve to reasonable quality the more players will play them (as long it affects commanders like Sky Mightlis which are in in the portals). So I don't think this trend will last.
    The thing is that they improve them to a point where people consider to use them instead of a s6 commander (for the speed bonus). This is enough to drive some people to buy them, also because of the speed bonus from League of Heros. They can then simply put a threshold of number of people buying them and when it is less than that determined number they release s7's, with better skills and speed. This will make that any s7 is better than the SS, so even people who recently went for those SS commanders will be driven to go for the s7's.

If they introduce the s7 right away they won't make anything with the Dark SS and SS commanders. If they improve them a little and generate some demand, they can milk players a bit more before introducing s7. The demand for s7 will always be massive, specially at start, where I expect one will be enough to tip the scales on most situations.

By the way, you can see the demand for the Dark SS and SS by simply looking at CP event acquisitions. There are still many people who spend 5/6k credits for a commander they won't use. If they saved those credits it would mean several thousands by the time s7 comes out, so players would have to buy less credits to have the very first s7's right away.
    Last edited by Nightbolt; August 3rd, 2018 at 21:55.

Brigadier
    The issue with Odin and Volkoff is that I need 2 strikers so that won't happen. So the issue is surviving the 1st shot and then setting up for the 2nd shot. Tough call. Most fleets now have cross shooters so placing Rick next to QR on the front row means both of them are taken out. Or I sacrifice my FS and put her on top center and then place everyone else on the second row on either side of Kate. Kate won't survive but then Richard or Nich will fire and hopefully weaken enough where QR then fires maybe freezing a couple and buffing everyone. Then Rick fires and does enough damage to allow Richard to start over. Tough call like you said since placement is so important and you need a bit luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinn View Post
    The issue with Odin and Volkoff is that I need 2 strikers so that won't happen. So the issue is surviving the 1st shot and then setting up for the 2nd shot. Tough call. Most fleets now have cross shooters so placing Rick next to QR on the front row means both of them are taken out. Or I sacrifice my FS and put her on top center and then place everyone else on the second row on either side of Kate. Kate won't survive but then Richard or Nich will fire and hopefully weaken enough where QR then fires maybe freezing a couple and buffing everyone. Then Rick fires and does enough damage to allow Richard to start over. Tough call like you said since placement is so important and you need a bit luck.
    Yup. At the moment I have Rick, Nick, Caro, SL and DFS. My setup is Rick with Knous and Nick with Kit (haven't invested on Herbert yet).
    I was then using the same placement as you refered:

enemy

|

x Nick Rick
    x SL Caro
    DFS x x

However this only works in my server since one of my main opponents got Murometz instead of Nicholas (still no Richard) and the other uses a similar formation but with QR first. So for Galaxy League I found a good alternative. I noticed that being 2nd to fire and with a so tight formation most of my commanders wouldn't even fire either by being cursed or disabled by Knous, so I decided like:

enemy

|

x x Nick
    Rick x SL
    X Caro DFS

This formation ensures (not 100% but most of times) that either Nick or Rick fire once, and with Knous on Rick I have a chance in the battle through curse/debuff + Invisibility. Then depending on luck I can still have SL firing and then on 2nd round their first commanders won't fire special. This is where I can turn the battles. My main goal now is replacing the crappy DFS with Scott and finish Richard to replace SL (or Caro. I do love Caro more, but I reckon the accu plundering from SL is really important to have an edge on 2nd round).

Brigadier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbolt View Post
    Yup. At the moment I have Rick, Nick, Caro, SL and DFS. My setup is Rick with Knous and Nick with Kit (haven't invested on Herbert yet).
    I was then using the same placement as you refered:

enemy

|

x Nick Rick
    x SL Caro
    DFS x x

However this only works in my server since one of my main opponents got Murometz instead of Nicholas (still no Richard) and the other uses a similar formation but with QR first. So for Galaxy League I found a good alternative. I noticed that being 2nd to fire and with a so tight formation most of my commanders wouldn't even fire either by being cursed or disabled by Knous, so I decided like:

enemy

|

x x Nick
    Rick x SL
    X Caro DFS

This formation ensures (not 100% but most of times) that either Nick or Rick fire once, and with Knous on Rick I have a chance in the battle through curse/debuff + Invisibility. Then depending on luck I can still have SL firing and then on 2nd round their first commanders won't fire special. This is where I can turn the battles. My main goal now is replacing the crappy DFS with Scott and finish Richard to replace SL (or Caro. I do love Caro more, but I reckon the accu plundering from SL is really important to have an edge on 2nd round).
    You lucked with your server. My server, the vast majority like 17 out of the Top 20 have this setup:

Rick (usually +15)
    Nich
    Richard
    Raksha (and usually situated for 1st shot)
    Future (besides myself, only 6 others doesn't have at least Future and only 1 person with Kate or DFS is in the Top 10)

Some have variations to this but they succeed only because of brute force. The key is Raksha and almost all still use him as their 1st shot so chances are good that once I shoot it's at Raksha. So for me to survive, I have to take out Raksha quick. But the problem is even with Nich, Richard and Rick all at level 12 and with Herbert and Knous, and QR hopefully buffing crit, Raksha usually survives. By the time I take him down, I've lost 2 maybe 3 commanders. So the only shot I have is keep Raksha where he is and have him hide my fleet too if the enemy Raksha doesn't have Kit. This sucks because I don't think taking Nich down to level 10, Richard down to level 9 and QR at 9 is enough power. If all 3 were at 12, yeah I think that would be a killer combo. VBut that will take a long time to amass enough chips and cores/crystals.

One of the best answers to Raksha openings is Galaxy Lord. I play a Raksha fleet, too, and I know which setup I fear most.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Brigadier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    One of the best answers to Raksha openings is Galaxy Lord. I play a Raksha fleet, too, and I know which setup I fear most.
    Unfortunately GL is still expensive. Even Horrock is a great commander and Tap knows that. I was looking at Scott today and notice he's 30 chips per DNA.....still crazy expensive. Tap knows that. People are desperately wanting anything to bump their speed so at least get 1st shot half the time.