Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeze vs Lock

Hybrid View

Freeze vs Lock

What is the difference between freeze and lock effects?

10 views and no replies... Seems I'm not the only one who doesn't know

Hello Jie Ming Ben, from the point of view of the commander being freeze or locked, there is no difference, that commander cannot shoot attack for that round when being frozen or locked.

From the point of view of the game, there is a difference between frozen or locked. Ve'larath prevents friendly commanders from being frozen, but will not prevent friendly commanders from being locked.

That may be why there are a lot more lockers than freezers.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Hmm... Seems like there is more, like frozen can still block or lt can be activated... There has to be a difference I think... But I can't recall exactly, now curious as considering different commanders with freeze and lock, wondering if there is really any difference... No one really uses that one commander that prevents freeze, why would tap have two things..... I think freeze can still dodge? I guess I need to test it out and pay close attention in league or arena.. I'll post some research here, just some help to confirm would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Jie Ming Ben View Post
    Hmm... Seems like there is more, like frozen can still block or lt can be activated... There has to be a difference I think... But I can't recall exactly, now curious as considering different commanders with freeze and lock, wondering if there is really any difference... No one really uses that one commander that prevents freeze, why would tap have two things..... I think freeze can still dodge? I guess I need to test it out and pay close attention in league or arena.. I'll post some research here, just some help to confirm would be nice
    Thanks for testing and reporting back the results.

As for why one uses a commander to prevent freeze? Well, there is this old SS commander, Ve'larath, which I use to give a speed boost as well as a nice special protection against frozen for 2 rounds. And in this game, shooting first helps a lot in determining the winner of a battle in close fights
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

First do understand that current Vela'rath is used but only by those who have him really as he is a SS commander (only obtainable via the monthly SS and Sub-SS portal). This is why you don't see him that often but those who do have him use him, like Nachteule (who has Vela'rath recently and at +14). If I would get him I would use him as well. :-)
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

Only really useful if queens in your arena... Otherwise, low hp and stats compared to s5 and s6 commanders.... No other commander that freezes above s4.

Yes but you fire first as you got a SS commander, the speed bump is huge hence I would use him and dump Caroline right away. Firing first is almost a guarantee to win.
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

Depending on your fleet.. And plenty other dark SS to use that are more beneficial... Anyways... Still hoping someone can clarify the difference.. Hard to believe no one knows or begged the question in 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Jie Ming Ben View Post
    Depending on your fleet.. And plenty other dark SS to use that are more beneficial... Anyways... Still hoping someone can clarify the difference.. Hard to believe no one knows or begged the question in 5 years
    If they don't have a speed advantage the other Dark SS are currently even with a nice skill not going to make a difference. Speed is the biggest, and if you don't have that you typically will lose most of the time unless the force difference if big enough. That is how my 13B fleet is losing against a 7B fleet due to one Dark SS that has a big speed advantage, while the skill of the Dark SS is not that good (but his S6 commanders are the latest ones who do have a great skill).
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110