Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Cup 2018 event [14 - 29 June 2018]

Brigadier
    Ok, read the schedule again because I think you guys are missing a key point. Tap says we have until 0:00 on 7/6 to use our packs. So does that mean 7pm CST on 7/6 or for our European friends, 6 hours after the 1st quarterfinal games begin? 0:00 on 6/27 (tonight) is 1:45 away so to me 0:00 on 7/6 means after the 1st half of the semifinals are decided. Do you take Tap's instructions verbatim or use your packs the day before? But you might miss out.

Brigadier
    So correct me also, let's say Sweden wins the WC and I have 25 badges right now using nothing else (which I have thanks to Tap landing me on them over and over and over). If I also have 20 1st place badges does that mean I get to pick 2 Top S6 Hero Choice Packs? Another possible scenario is I have Brazil with 18 badges say on 7/5 and they win it all so at face value I win crappola except I have 22 1st Place badges so I use 2 of those to give myself 2 Brazil badges making it 20 and since I have another 20 1st place badges I get to choose 2 Top S6 Hero Choice Packs? Anything wrong with my thinking?

Your thoughts seem correct.
    As for the timeline, all packages must be used until 23:59 of the 5th of July. First games of the quarter final start in the afternoon of the 6th of July.
    I am in UTC timezone, which means reset (00:00 game time) is at 1:00 am. First game starts at 15:00 UTC, so 14 hours later.

Brigadier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbolt View Post
    Your thoughts seem correct.
    As for the timeline, all packages must be used until 23:59 of the 5th of July. First games of the quarter final start in the afternoon of the 6th of July.
    I am in UTC timezone, which means reset (00:00 game time) is at 1:00 am. First game starts at 15:00 UTC, so 14 hours later.
    Ah, and yet 0:00 (game time) on 7/6 is 7pm:-) I'll trust you and choose before midnight. The last match in the knockout round is the 3rd so really no reason to wait until the last minute unless you want to make sure nothing changes between the next games.

Brigadier
    Oh wait it says 0:00 on 7/6 UTC. I live in Birmingham, AL in the states so the conversion shows 7pm since we are UTC -5. So are we saying 7pm 7/5 or 7pm 7/6?

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinn View Post
    Oh wait it says 0:00 on 7/6 UTC. I live in Birmingham, AL in the states so the conversion shows 7pm since we are UTC -5. So are we saying 7pm 7/5 or 7pm 7/6?
    I rather remember as 23:59 5th July UTC than 00:00 6th July UTC, because in my mind would stick to the number instead

Open before 23:59 5th July 2018 UTC (i usually just check up what the time in London, UK, is).

Since the last 8 will known by 3 July, it may be even better to open it on 4 July 2018 instead.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Yes, that is why I mentioned the 23:59. It is easier to remember that it needs to be on the 5th still.

Alarinn, you live in the States, so relative to UTC you should be 6h behind. That said your maximum time seems to be your 7 pm of the 5th of July. But as Nopo said, try to either look at the UTC time or the gametime. On the 5th you'll open the game sooner I suppose, so then just coordinate with ingame time, knowing you have to trade them before that ingame day finishes.

The only reason to wait until the 5th is to look for any potential injury that might bring some change to the games.

Yea, I'll spend mine way before the deadline, not much reason to wait, July 5th will be busy, just woke up today after final games to make sure I have enough badges to cover the spread.

It should be as earlier poster said, we'll get multiple choices for each reward if you have the badge requirement..

So many bottom pack countries in the top 16, and the Argentina and France game will help consolidate champ 1 badges, Germany out is nice too...

So, how did everyone end up? How much you spend? I got lucky with free balls from tap early on didn't have to spend as much to get 20 1st place badges. Got 20 2nd and 3rd/4th... Reset monopoly alot to go one lap and get lower badges, but worth it.
    I've got between 50 and 90 of the champ packs, I'm concerned that there won't be enough to claim at 2nd and 3rd/4th...already have Richard, just leaving only Haley worth getting... Sona hasn't impressed me compared to Racksha... Others I'll get and they just bump my speed a little...

Really waiting for some iron wolf information... Hopefully after packs are off sale, we'll see him soon.