Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galactic Chairmen Guide :: The Best Primus Fleet of All Time

Galactic Chairmen Guide :: The Best Primus Fleet of All Time

Introduction

For long time regular Primus (not Primus Invasion) has been the best source of Cubits. Depending on your Primus level, your personal rank in Primus fight and your luck or ability to get critical hits the daily Cubits outcome of Primus can reach 20 million or even more.

20 million Cubits can be transformed into 40k Galactonite Energy during Charged Galactonite Energy events. Additionally Primus also gives reasonable amounts of Prestige points needed for unlocking formation cells. Therefore for many passionate players (who live in the correct timezones) Primus is a daily task.

As the boni for critical hits and kill shot are quite good and the best ranked players get significantly more Cubits than lower ranked players it's still worth to optimize the Primus fleet.

Primus Fleets Approaches or Some History of Primus Fleets

Over time many Primus fleets have been invented by the players. The earliest fleets used lock chains to prevent Primus from firing its deadly attacks. They have been composed from Violette, Thaddaeus, Emma, Flynn/St. Nick and classic Flagship with lock attack. They could lock Primus for some 15 rounds but got killed one after the other reducing the damage from round to round. If I remember correctly those fleets did not deal more than 100M damage per fight.

2018-04-09 Classic Primus Fleet.jpg

A sample video of such a fleet can be seen here: Link

SS Carter with his ability to refill 50 Accu of each ship in the whole fleet allowed to build eternal lock fleets for the two players who owned Carter that time which as far as I know has been the reason for tap4fun to make Primus immune to debuffs (like locking) from round 20 or so onwards.

The release of Retrobot at Christmas 2015 allowed to merge the roles of one locker and the necessary accu depleter (Flynn or St. Nick) and made room for another damage dealer. Retrobot owners could build an improved lock-based fleet. Retrobot's doge is that high that he could even dodge Primus sometimes which added a notable amount of damage. As damage dealer I used Dor (a-102k-Credits never-again-Monopoly investment).

2018-04-11_21-42-01.jpg

A sample video of a Retrobot Primus fleet can be seen here: Link

With the release of Cryptor a new generation of Primus fleet variants emerged. Those fleets made use of Crpytor's Stasis skill. For some weeks you could even built an eternal loop variant of that fleet before tap4fun fixed that. The final evolutionary stage of the Cryptor-based fleets evolved after the release of Ursa. Typical fleet setups have used Thaddaeus/Violette, Cryptor, St. Nick/Flynn, Ursa, FS. For the first time in the history of Galaxy Legend a Primus fleet was capable of dealing > 1B damage within one fight.

With the advent of Caroline, Louise and Burglar Kate the options became so multifaceted that it is hard to name a typical representative of the 3rd generation of Primus fleets. Several months I used a Crpytor, Caroline, St. Nick, Dor dodge-based fleet. With Dor getting the dodge buff from Caroline and the Stasis buff from Cryptor he could dodge Primus 9 out of ten times and the few times he got a hit the Stasis buff kept him alive. With my Caro and Dor also being in my main fleet up to 8B damage could be dealt by that fleet.

Caroline Fleets - The Final Evolution?

The dodge-based Primus fleet showed that there is a round limit of 30. This can be extended if Primus skips his turn due to completely hidden fleet which can be achieved by a Ranger-only fleet with Elsa a lieutenant. The highest number of Primus fight rounds I have ever seen is 37.

Based on that the best Primus fleets are those who survive 30 rounds and deal most damage within that time. So you need very high damage dealers and commanders that make sure your fleet survives. My approach to that preliminaries has been a fleet of Louise, Caroline, Dor, Burglar Kate and St. Nick. The final evolutionary stage of that fleet could deal up to 40B damage in a single fight and on average approximately 25B damage.

So how did this fleet work in details:
    1. Caroline serves as main damage dealer. The trick is to configure her HP and block/dodge rate such that she will most likely be hit by Primus first attack but does not dy from that attack. Instead with correct setup she will drop HP-wise in the 25% range triggering Valime's Sword II/III 125%/136% boost.
    2. Louise and Burglar Kate protect the main damage dealer Caroline from dying. With Louise wearing a Stardust R7 level 11 she fires her special every 2nd turn and so by the way overcharges accu of Dor and Caroline and refills accu of Burglar Kate faster such that she will fire her special every 3rd/4th turn. Thanks to that Caroline is 100% safe all the time.
    3. Dor enables 100% critical hits for the whole fleet and serves as secondary damage dealer.
    4. St. Nick disables Primus special and so ensures the system staying intact.

2018-04-11_21-46-45.jpg

A partial Caroline Primus fleet battle video: Link (Watch out for 1.5B damage hit of Caroline!)

The Best Primus Fleet of All Time

With latest released Rover Hayley a new potential Primus player arose. Hayley combines fantastically with Louise because the number of commanders needed to keep the system running eternally (well, 30 rounds) is reduced from 3 (Louise, Burglar Kate and St. Nick) to 2 (Louise and Hayley) because with Louise firing Stasis every round it does not matter if Primus fires its special. (Honestly spoken, this little accu charge is heartly welcome.)

Who to add to the fleet? Scott as best regular flagship is the natural choice. With his own 50 accu recovery he will fire his special every round. Then Caroline as primary damage dealer. With the buff from Valime's Sword and well developed equipment, medals and TS-Modules, permanent accu overcharge by Louise and Hayley, additional block counter accu and a Stardust for additional block counter accu boost she can deal more than 2b damage with a single attack!!! (Check out my linked video above there a much weaker Caroline deals 1.5B damage already.)

The last slot is a bit difficult. The best damage dealer besides Caroline for Primus is Rick, no doubt (well Odin could be a close call if the special does not replace itself if fired each round), but Queen Reindeer has a great attack, too, and additionally provides this nice critical buff. This everyone must test on his/her own. If Caroline, Scott and Hayley do critical hits reliably without Queen Reindeer Rick is the best choice as "5th man" but my guess is Queen Reindeer is on a par with him.

Formation2.jpg

So what is your best Primus fleet and how much damage can you deal on average and at best? Please share your experiences!
    Last edited by Nachteule; April 11th, 2018 at 23:01.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

I explicitely want to thank the following supporters:

• Pliusomiot and Nopo from forum team for all the screen shots, Primus videos and discussions.
    • My server mate and friend Pablo Calvetti "Pablitus" for trusting me and allowing to sneak into his account occasionally if I need a screenshot of a recent commander I can't afford.

excellent friend detail of values ​​and commanders. for my account, for years you have my trust in your hands.
    (- Pablitus -)

Alliance: Anathema
    World: 987
    Fleet: Craven (15) - Ghost Rider (15) - Brock (T2) - Roland (15) - Sky Mightly (15)

What a guide and I must say that it is very interesting reading. I would agree the combo Louise-Hayley is awesome and our Top 1 player (about 25-26B player) has Hayley but not sure what fleet he uses on Primus but he deals 60B damage per single hit. And currently I am doing about 30B per single hit (10B player) without Hayley. Yes on our server Primus is killed in about 1 minutes, the top 3 players each doing 2 hits and Primus is no more. What does that mean or how does my fleet currently look like you might ask? I am using Louise (ofc), Future (yes no Kate), Star Lord (I don't have QR), Caroline and Rick. And Rick has Lt. Herbert to revive while Caroline has Lt. Knous to lock at times Primus. Most likely I can do better but well it all depends as well how much you want to spend on this game...
    Primus-01.jpg
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    I explicitely want to thank the following supporters:
    • Pliusomiot and Nopo from forum team for all the screen shots, Primus videos and discussions.
    • My server mate and friend Pablo Calvetti "Pablitus" for trusting me and allowing to sneak into his account occasionally if I need a screenshot of a recent commander I can't afford.
    Thank you as well from my end! As I know you guys also did discuss on the older discussion we had on Modern Primus fleet that I had started last year to see how we best go on after lockers to use Alfred (hide), then Ursa (800% ATK) and finally Caroline. Which one you had Caroline to see how you could last longer, combining with Louise and/or Cryptor, using Kate and what about Stardust R7. All great stuff and well while at that time I was seeking a way to kill Primus on my own, which I managed in even 10min (with Primus maxed out, which is 300B damage). Now a days after a few server merges it is all about making sure you can participate for that 1min. Meaning, when will Tap4Fun understand that most servers kill Primus in just 1min which is no fun anymore...

It is time to let Primus again grow each day, like adding 10B each day that he is killed and let him go build up to about 6000-9000B (yes times 20 or even times 30) as that will make it interesting again, as well as let the rewards grow in the same manner (more cubits). This way Primus event will again grow to take up to 20-25min or more.
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

Been a while since i last used a specific Primus fleet, i just use my pvp fleet for it and manage to do an average of 22B per round.
    My first shooter is Raksha and he is capable of surviving a couple of shots from Primus, i use Kate in such a way she protects Raksha.
    Queen Reindeer is responsible for pumping up the damage and Caroline / Knous is the main damage dealer.
    I skip rounds so i can't say how many rounds this fleet is capable of surviving
    darre.s90 world 993 android
    Raksha +12 , Richard +13 , Azrael +12 , Queen Reindeer +12 , Kate +12

Respect is the keyword of civilisation

Now I found the time (and getting Hayley recently also helped a lot :-D) to check my own ideas.

In today's Primus I used a Louise, Caroline, Hayley, Rick, Burglar Kate fleet.

Screenshot_20180430-175049_Galaxy legend - klein.jpg

Louise, Caroline and Hayley are not in my main fleet and therefore not very high augmented (+5 and +6) and all 3 have are somewhere around the 12th cog in Manoinver's Cabin - King's Heart. Nevertheless I managed to get a freakin 64B average per round with the 3rd engagement with Primus capped by its death.

First round: 67.8 B damage
    Second round: 136.8 B damage (+ 69 B damage)
    Last round (kill shot): 192.9 B damage (+ 56.1 B damage)

Income from that battle today:
    17.5 M Cubits for best damage dealer
    8.3 M Cubits for kill shot
    12.8 M Cubits for 2 critical hits
    So a total of 36.6 M Cubits which will be turned into approx. 73 k Galactonite Energy.
    Galactic Chairman
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Lieutenant
    As I too have got Hayley recently, today I have used almost the same formation. Difference is just that my Caroline+10 is still in the main fleet and fulfilled with ciderite upgrades, when Louise and Hayley - not in main fleet and zero ciderite upgrades. My Rick is only +13. in first round I did only 27B in the second 40B. Probably it is a matter of critical amount. Also I have noticed one strange thing, Sword3 on Caro was not working, as after blocking Primus shot under Louise's stasis field, Caro's life remained full 100%. I was not watching endless rounds, but saw some few and there was no damage increase because of that. Caro was without eye and armour, only with sword. Maybe Primus mechanics was changed?

If Caroline remains full 100% health under Louis's stasis field then Primus was able to kill Caroline with one shot. Which would mean Sword would activate as health has to be reduce enough to activate the bonus
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    If Caroline remains full 100% health under Louis's stasis field then Primus was able to kill Caroline with one shot. Which would mean Sword would activate as health has to be reduce enough to activate the bonus
    Yes, exactly. You have to tweak the HP value of Caroline that a blocked hit by Primus does not kill her but brings her in the < 25 % range.
    Highest block possible is needed to achieve that with first attack of Primus reliably. Remove any dodge Galactonite to help Primus to hit her after she released her dodge buff as this will increase her Accu.

This is my setup:

2018-05-01_11-45-08.jpg

With 100 % force-up her HP goes high enough that a blocked Primus hit takes about 80 % HP.

2018-05-01_11-49-49.jpg

No dodge Galactonite and high block and high Stardust to benefit from block-counter attacks.
    Galactic Chairman