Thread: Sturdy Special

Sturdy Special

Ok, I don't know if this is an issue or a feature that was changed/corrected by tap.

Sturdy special is composed of 5 attacks and I was under the impression each atk was calculated independently (thus in the same special you can have crit atks and normal atks). However one thing I am seeing in the last month or so is that if Sturdy first hit lands (don't miss) then all of the other 4 hits also land. It seems the hit rate/dodge is not computed again even when it changes commander (kills first and goes to 2nd).

I am bring this up because I think that, before, this was evaluated independently (as crits) and that it happened Sturdy killing 1st commander and then missing on my buffed Caro (not 100% sure if this happen but I am strongly convinced it did).

However for the past month I have been paying attention and it never happens. This seem strongly odd because with 160%+ dodge it was bound to miss sometime...
    As an example, I've had fights where this happened (Sturdy killed my first commander in 2 hits and the next 3 hit buffed Caro) and later in the same battle 4 or 5 more hits from Sturdy directly to Caro and none hit her (she was now the first target).

Now, I know that if this was one single event it would be easily considered a luck/unluck event, but I have experienced this effect often.

Anyone know if this is intended or if there might be here something working wrong?
    Thanks

As far as I observed hit or miss of Sturdy is determined only once for the whole special. This has been that way in the past as well. Only crit/non-crit is determined on a per-hit base.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

And does that make sense? (Yeah I know many things tap does don't make sense lol).

For me it makes sense that when special changes commanders (at least, not even saying at all hits) hit rate/dodge (and other stats and pairs) should be recomputed for the next commander, since this can be at a totally complete different level. As cross, vertical and horizontal specials are also evaluated taking into account each commander stats being hit

Like, this is not a big issue, as Sturdy loses most of his effectiveness at lvl110 (specially if you have high anti crit and crit resist), but this special can be replicated in other commanders in the future, like in the more recent Logan. With this one and any other that appears with this special it might be important.
    Last edited by Nightbolt; April 1st, 2018 at 22:02.

It doesn't make sense, indeed, but the same "hit/miss" evaluation (only once for the whole pack) is done in case of few multi-hit commanders as far as i can see
    Sturdy is one of them, the others being Armoray and Cynthia
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

Quote Originally Posted by Pliusomiot View Post
    It doesn't make sense, indeed, but the same "hit/miss" evaluation (only once for the whole pack) is done in case of few multi-hit commanders as far as i can see
    Sturdy is one of them, the others being Armoray and Cynthia
    Actually with chain lightning specials I don't see this happening. It usually hits 2 of my 3 connected commanders and miss one (cause he's buffed with Caro dodge). Either if the direct hit is the one buffed or not. It can miss the first target and hit the remaining for example. Or hit the first target and miss one of the others.
    Since I added a R7 dodge/block to my SL I can see this happening a lot of time (SL+Caro Buff), where SL is not hit regardless of Cynthia special passing by him.

With Chain lightning. Only the first commander's accumulator is increased or all 3 or none?

May be Sturdy is different because only the first attack increases accumulator
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    With Chain lightning. Only the first commander's accumulator is increased or all 3 or none?

May be Sturdy is different because only the first attack increases accumulator
    Looking at the handbook simulations both specials should increase the accumulator on all hits (at least once per commander. Sturdy simulation actually kills each opposing commander with each hit and you can see its accumulator rising before the ship dies, but then we can't see if a second hit would increase it again, though I would think it won't)

This is also the behavior on real fights. Sturdy special increases accu once per commander it hits. So 4 hits on same commander increase +25 and 1 hit on the next commander also increases it +25.
    Cynthia increases +25 on all commanders that get hit by the chain of lightning.