Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to reach Lvl 11 on R7 galactonite? Exploit an event bug!

How to reach Lvl 11 on R7 galactonite? Exploit an event bug!

Yeah, you might be wondering why I am posting this and that is because on several severs it has been seen that some individuals were able to get their R7 galactonite up to lvl 11 in less than a day and max out their commanders with energy. Knowing that you need 20M energy for lvl 10 to lvl 11 that means a lot of energy you can't that that fast. So what happened?

Very simple there was a bug on the past event for using your Chroma R7 prisms which actually would give you extra energy (100k) if you would use em to get another dual R7. Now figure this, your inventory is full for galactonite and then you try to get a R7 from your saved of Chromas? It will fail, indeed. But during the event you would get the energy anyhow. So you figure, mmm let's try again, again and again. Do it 10 times and you have 1M energy... (should take you about 10 seconds).

Imagine you would have known, I guess you would have pressed all day and gotten a few billions of energy! And that is exactly what some players did and as such maxed out their commanders with energy! Will Tap4Fun do something about it? Not sure, yes that is why the closed the event earlier but are they taking back all the energy from those players (some will say cheaters) that remains to be seen?
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

This is a big mistake from tap.
    I have some mixed feelings about what to be done... On one side I don't believe players should be penalized for a mistake from tap. They were clever/lucky to spot this issue and use it (though it is morally reprehensible), and it was there for everybody anyway. On the other side players who didn't use this bug are now severely prejudiced.

Server-wise this could be solved by making this amount equal for all users (so they'd check what was the max amount got through this and give the other players the same). However cross-server wise this would not be fair (for Pandora, CtC and CCC). They could top out the same on all servers, but this would also be unfair for older or paying players as they'd see their advantage gone through a tap mistake. So I guess the actual only solution would be to remove this energy from the players who got it.
    I don't know though how they can pin point how much came from the event or from actual composing. I can tell that during the event I converted around 1B cubits, unaware of this bug. How can they differentiate this energy from the one given through the event?

In the end, this is in fact very serious issue and should be addressed somehow. Hope Tap finds a way to correct this soon.

And thank you very much for reporting this. Hope someone has report it directly to tap!

The solution they made is make SOME galactonite lvl1, Galactonite which weren't upgraded also are made lvl1, but still some galactonite which were upgraded stay lvl10.

So basically they randomly take more energy from your galactonite and leave random few galactonite at the level they were after the bug.
    Lvl 110, Free VIP 5, Arena Rank: Top 20, iOS; Merged Worlds 57, 59, 60, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
    Force: 11 500M, PVP Fleet: Slade T-IV +12 with Lt. Knous +7, Murometz +8 with Lt. Krill +7
    Nicolas +15 with Lt. Louise +13, Roland +7 with Lt. Kit +4, Richard +7 with Lt. Herbert +7

You know me but I know you better.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    The solution they made is make SOME galactonite lvl1, Galactonite which weren't upgraded also are made lvl1, but still some galactonite which were upgraded stay lvl10.

So basically they randomly take more energy from your galactonite and leave random few galactonite at the level they were after the bug.
    Just saw this in one player in my server, but he got all of his galactonite back to 1. Do they get previous used energy back for usage?

Well the ideal solution is they take back all the "cheater" energy and they can do that as they can see that in their logs, who tried to compose, but failed but got 100k energy added (and repeated it). And next to make sure cheaters think twice they should give 10M energy as compensation to all non-cheaters. :-)
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

Seems they already took back at least "some" energy. If it was the correct amount or not, not sure.
    As I said in my previous post, a guy in my server just got all of his stones back to lvl1, but no idea if he got any energy to use now. Maybe their punishment will be in taking more than they got.

Thinking out loud: I think non-cheaters should have 30M has I really want to put my dual R7 dodge/anti-crit of Caro to 11 xD. That would help a lot in GL eheh.

What a great opportunity for those who took advantage of this bug, they must have enjoyed this for 1 or probably 2 days, but then the punishment came to their.
    I think tap should remove them more energy than they got. For example, if they got 2M of energy, tap should take 3 or 4M for being cheaters

Major General
    If you guys remember something like this happend with tech points. Yes I was one of those that took free tech points :P Of course tap took them back and made all my tech points lvl 1. I learned my lesson :P

Yes they took only the energy that was wrongly gained, but it messed up the galactonite as some stay lvl11 and others are lvl1.
    No they will not give you free energy because you can go buy it of course and give them money.
    We are just playing the game and what the game offer to us. If you throw a banana to a monkey - do you expect the monkey not to eat it? Same with the game - they gave us the opportunity and we grabbed it with both hands. LOL
    Lvl 110, Free VIP 5, Arena Rank: Top 20, iOS; Merged Worlds 57, 59, 60, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
    Force: 11 500M, PVP Fleet: Slade T-IV +12 with Lt. Knous +7, Murometz +8 with Lt. Krill +7
    Nicolas +15 with Lt. Louise +13, Roland +7 with Lt. Kit +4, Richard +7 with Lt. Herbert +7

You know me but I know you better.

tap4fun is not very precise when correcting bug exploits.

I remember approx 3.5 years ago they created "A new Infinite Cosmos" which gave some tech points for certain waves. Somehow the programmers misunderstood game designer and the rewards have been incredibly high tech points rewards: 10M, 20M and 30M for a total of 60M tech points for a single day solving Infinite Cosmos.

It was not obvious for players that this has been a bug and therefore unintentionally. Those who entered the game right after upgrade has been rolled out earned those tech points and used them. Short after the game has been shut down and tap4fun informed players that this has been a bug.

A huge cry from community emerged: unfair, unbalanced... During that time tech points were like Dark Aeros nowadays. And to purchase 60M tech points for Credits around 250k Credits would have been needed.

Finally tap4fun agreed to revert the ill-gotten tech points from players.

I have gotten 30M tech points before the bug has been fixed and used it for HD HP the most consuming HD technology. When tap4fun took care of my account they left HD HP untouched and reverted HD Speed completely (which has not been built-up using those ill-gotten tech points) and HD ATK partially. What they took back has been a bit less than 30M.

It took me several conversations with service to convince them to revert HD HP that I could bring HD speed back to lv 100.

So my experience with such exploit repairs is:
    - tap4fun does not revert precisely.
    - They did not take the exact amount of tech points back.
    - There have been rumors not all players accounts have been reverted (same with TS4 exploit from last year).

Finally I think it's not worth the trouble to make use of such opportunities.
    Last edited by Nachteule; February 7th, 2018 at 09:53.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]