Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying Galaxy Lord, Rick or Ghost Horroc. What is best for my fleet ?

Ok Nachteule and Pliusomiot, others as well...

Have a question besides the theme topic but not knowing which commander to use !?

You see my active fleet below, so my question is that I need to employ a striker or destro. in order to release some more chips for Fedor here, so since I have no idea which one is better I need opinion what commander to use instead her, Fitz or The Devil !?!?

In countless fights in my Arena Devil appeared to be more resilient since he has a shield on its own that is quite sturdy when on lvl 10 or more so the idea is if I have him right side second, commander below him which is Fedor will be more protected to do magic of backfire on its enemies..? Downside is that Devil is not so good when compared to Fitz in vertical where second one takes 50% of more than one enemy defense, so I'm really on a balance here which of these two excellent budget commanders to employ in my fleet instead Louise 1??!?

Ideas plz, also there are destros in my arena where FD could be maybe better choice..?

all welcome...
    Triad.s729, world684(Android)
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

Been quite a while since I fight against fleets that are my peers in terms of force and capability. From my previous experience, if my fleet can survive Fitz, i can usually win the fight much more easily than if it was against Fearsome Devil, who due to his plunder of defense stats makes him a tanker. However, Fearsome Devil can be blocked with Jackie. Advantage to Fearsome Devil is that his plunder of opponent's defensive stats, makes it easier for your own commander to make a bigger difference.

So if you do use FD, to block, your FD would have to shoot before your opponent's destroyer if they have Jackie at Lt.

Nowadays, I would think the attack capabilities is much more than the defense capabilities, so plundering ATK may be a better decision. Since you already have Raksha as a tanker it may not be a issue without FD "tanking" capabilities.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Thankz for this useful input.
    That was what i thought as well so I just needed hands up on this one, so there goes FD for now...

At least until Rick is welcomed to my fleet or GH...

cheers
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

For quite some time i run a non-destroyers fleet and, so far, i had only few occasions to regret it

FD is not really an option from my point of view:
    If you have 1st shoot most likely Raksha will tank the hits, while FD def plunder ability will only soften the opponent for your next hits. It is likely that opponent will have a destroyer with Jackie as lt and that will cancel FD's advantage

If you have second shoot, most likely Raksha will be blocked and also could be FD.

From this perspective, a non-destroyer multitarget offensive commander like Fitz/Rick is highly desirable, in addition to Caroline.
    Also you could try to replace Fedor with Fitz and check the results - Fitz firing twice in a row his special attack could be devastating enough to win
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

Quote Originally Posted by Pliusomiot View Post
    For quite some time i run a non-destroyers fleet and, so far, i had only few occasions to regret it

If you have 1st shoot most likely Raksha will tank the hits, while FD def plunder ability will only soften the opponent for your next hits. It is likely that opponent will have a destroyer with Jackie as lt and that will cancel FD's advantage

If you have second shoot, most likely Raksha will be blocked and also could be FD.

From this perspective, a non-destroyer multitarget offensive commander like Fitz/Rick is highly desirable, in addition to Caroline.
    Also you could try to replace Fedor with Fitz and check the results - Fitz firing twice in a row his special attack could be devastating enough to win

Yesterday I started to write more or less this, but way more confusing .

I think you are making your fleet underperform regarding their specials side effects, and if you want to add a 2nd killer then I'd have a couple of alternatives:
    - Take out Fedor as Pliusomiot said and put Fitz. This is a cheap change, where you'll rely on combination of Raksha+Louise to survive and Louise+Fitz to have several specials often. You can have Raksha with one Armor III and 2xEye III. This for me is the most difficult combination to kill when Kit doesn't activate 4/5 times in a row.
    - Take out Raksha and put Fitz. Benefit of the same combination Louise+Fitz and have the combination Louise+Fedor to have some extra dmg without dying your ships. This would benefit most with a lot of Eye's III in every commander, to make Fedor special even more effective. Also having stardust r7 in Louise to ensure you keep your ships protected most of the time.

- Another thing I think I'd do would be changing Caroline and Fedor lts. That way you can benefit from Fedor special once again, and Caroline with a well pumped dodge can probably survive some rounds anyway. Not sure if this would be of great effect but doesn't hurt to try.

- Lastly, having Louise on your fleet has another good effect (providing it can keep alive). When you face commanders like GH or even SL that happen to fire their special only after Caroline first atk, Louise can provide with the accu refill needed for not having the chain broken. Also in normal rounds you can benefit from the added 25% to a higher special hit.

Anyway, I am not nearly your level/force so these lines might be disadjusted for your most normal situations... I think for me it would work ok and I specially like the Raksha option (though I have been avoiding buying Raksha...)

Quote Originally Posted by Pliusomiot View Post

Ok Pliusomiot,

I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't know if you had the opportunity to use Fedor in some accounts!? There's no way I could dump Fedor for Fitz, rather hold them both in the fleet or replace Louise for Fedor since Fedor returns 80% hit from S6 commanders and that's not fair trade at all...
    I understand that Louise is good choice but need rather one GOOD Rover than 2 middle specs...! Getting her chips and employing them to Fed would be a way to go.

Nightbolt, why both of you think I should dump Fedor, since his capabilities are far better than Louise?
    Raksha IS already with one armor III and waits for Eye III in third manoinwar, so he should be tank enough at +10.

Second idea, if I put Fitz instead of Raksha, what will be fleet defense capabilities since that tanker shield is out of the game!?
    Fedor as first one to shoot is not strong enough without shield r7 or ap least 6, and some stardust r7 as well!
    Eye III will go on heavy weighters here so it's in wait procedure.

Changing Lt's on Caro and Fed is bound to happen tonight!

Louise probably will go out for Fitz, leaving Raksha and Fedor together where Raksha is first shooter with Krill on him (there were countless situations that appeared to win over much stronger fleets there because of this combo), even though Fedor is not good with Raksha spellwise. Leaving Fed firing last also appeared to be great idea when employed with lower Starocean.

Main idea here since Raksha goes to +10 to make this fleet heavy weight defender fleet with shield r7 at max and stardust as well that could be installed on all the commanders besides eye III's and shield III's...

Will report back then change of the idea of using Fitz against FD here instead of Louise and precious rover chips for Fedor1|...!!!

cheers all and thankz m8s ...

Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Ok Pliusomiot,

I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't know if you had the opportunity to use Fedor in some accounts!? There's no way I could dump Fedor for Fitz, rather hold them both in the fleet or replace Louise for Fedor since Fedor returns 80% hit from S6 commanders and that's not fair trade at all...
    I understand that Louise is good choice but need rather one GOOD Rover than 2 middle specs...! Getting her chips and employing them to Fed would be a way to go.

Nightbolt, why both of you think I should dump Fedor, since his capabilities are far better than Louise?
    Raksha IS already with one armor III and waits for Eye III in third manoinwar, so he should be tank enough at +10.
    The issue is the combination between Raksha and Fedor. Assuming you want to keep defensive tanker (as it seems) then Fedor would be a better choice to go, since most likely his special is only returning 80% from 30% of original dmg (one hit on Raksha with shield up, all others most likely hidden = 24% of dmg returned from a tanker which has high def). This cripples so much Fedor special that I believe you'd be better off with other commander (in this situation, Fitz).
    As for prefering Fedor out instead of Louise is related with previous situation. Louise special can be better used with Raksha. Since your commanders aren't hit cause of being hidden, then Louise special can charge their accu faster.

Not sure if Pliu thinks the same way for his arguments

Second idea, if I put Fitz instead of Raksha, what will be fleet defense capabilities since that tanker shield is out of the game!?
    Fedor as first one to shoot is not strong enough without shield r7 or ap least 6, and some stardust r7 as well!
    Eye III will go on heavy weighters here so it's in wait procedure.
    Removing Raksha would be to make your fleet towards offensive. Caro can protect herself and other with dodge (you can pump her dodge to 190%+-. Without TS5 to 180%), Louise would help defend your fleet from s6 commanders first round. I don't know if this would work as I am thinking, but by making Fedor fire his special and then Louise protecting them you'd have two things:
    - 1st, big hitters will take 80% back (instead of 24% with Raksha), and combining Fedor with Herbert than you have this duplicated. Even if Fedor gets destroyed in first atk from opponent you'd have him back for 2nd round.
    - 2nd, Louise fires her special and now protects all fleet (Fedor included, either reborn or dmged). This renders first round of enemy hitters more or less useless or in your advantage. If their shot would kill your ships, then they stay the same, else 80% of dmg is retributed, which in multi-hitters case would mean death for the enemy. This might mean that with Herbert, Fedor alone can take two heavy hitters, and with Louise special still remain alive.
    - 3rd Caro fires and protects her and lowest HP ship. If Fedor resisted first hit, then he gets this buff and may resist 2nd round without any hit.
    - 4th, If you move towards having for example 2 eye's III on 3 commanders (even losing a bit of fire power) you can further use Fedor skill to your advantage.

(plan would be completed in the end with Kate, protecting even more your fleet with her special, but even without her I think it could work)

So, instead of being plainly defensive your fleet would be counter-atking.
    It is a more risky plan ofc, but would also be impervious to Kit disabling Raksha and then having your fleet at mercy of s6 overpowered specials. This plan also depends if you are faster or not, but you can adjust tactic to surround the speed factor, as on the other hand with Raksha as your only defense (without Louise) you are at mercy of Kit and faster fleets.
    Maybe a crazy idea, but I'd try it .

Changing Lt's on Caro and Fed is bound to happen tonight!

Louise probably will go out for Fitz, leaving Raksha and Fedor together where Raksha is first shooter with Krill on him (there were countless situations that appeared to win over much stronger fleets there because of this combo), even though Fedor is not good with Raksha spellwise. Leaving Fed firing last also appeared to be great idea when employed with lower Starocean.

Main idea here since Raksha goes to +10 to make this fleet heavy weight defender fleet with shield r7 at max and stardust as well that could be installed on all the commanders besides eye III's and shield III's...

Will report back then change of the idea of using Fitz against FD here instead of Louise and precious rover chips for Fedor1|...!!!

cheers all and thankz m8s ...
    My main issue to having Raksha came from this last GL season. It was my first owning Caro and I lost count to the number of fights that I ended with Caro (with Kit) against Raksha, one-on-one. From all times this happened I can only remember one I lost and because oddly my enemy had Knous on Raksha... Also I'm a bit skeptic as if Raksha is able to kill other (strong) commander on a one-on-one fight (at high lvls). Depends on MC equipment.

I have not been around as much time as all of you and since I haven't reached 110 yet it might be different than what I am thinking. If I am just talking non-sense let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbolt View Post
    The issue is the combination between Raksha and Fedor. Assuming you want to keep defensive tanker (as it seems) then Fedor would be a better choice to go, since most likely his special is only returning 80% from 30% of original dmg (one hit on Raksha with shield up, all others most likely hidden = 24% of dmg returned from a tanker which has high def). This cripples so much Fedor special that I believe you'd be better off with other commander (in this situation, Fitz).
    As for prefering Fedor out instead of Louise is related with previous situation. Louise special can be better used with Raksha. Since your commanders aren't hit cause of being hidden, then Louise special can charge their accu faster.

Not sure if Pliu thinks the same way for his arguments
    I see only now what you mean. This next quote of yours is the way to go....

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbolt
    Removing Raksha would be to make your fleet towards offensive. Caro can protect herself and other with dodge (you can pump her dodge to 190%+-. Without TS5 to 180%), Louise would help defend your fleet from s6 commanders first round. I don't know if this would work as I am thinking, but by making Fedor fire his special and then Louise protecting them you'd have two things:
    - 1st, big hitters will take 80% back (instead of 24% with Raksha), and combining Fedor with Herbert than you have this duplicated. Even if Fedor gets destroyed in first atk from opponent you'd have him back for 2nd round.
    - 2nd, Louise fires her special and now protects all fleet (Fedor included, either reborn or dmged). This renders first round of enemy hitters more or less useless or in your advantage. If their shot would kill your ships, then they stay the same, else 80% of dmg is retributed, which in multi-hitters case would mean death for the enemy. This might mean that with Herbert, Fedor alone can take two heavy hitters, and with Louise special still remain alive.
    - 3rd Caro fires and protects her and lowest HP ship. If Fedor resisted first hit, then he gets this buff and may resist 2nd round without any hit.
    - 4th, If you move towards having for example 2 eye's III on 3 commanders (even losing a bit of fire power) you can further use Fedor skill to your advantage.

(plan would be completed in the end with Kate, protecting even more your fleet with her special, but even without her I think it could work)

So, instead of being plainly defensive your fleet would be counter-atking.
    It is a more risky plan ofc, but would also be impervious to Kit disabling Raksha and then having your fleet at mercy of s6 overpowered specials. This plan also depends if you are faster or not, but you can adjust tactic to surround the speed factor, as on the other hand with Raksha as your only defense (without Louise) you are at mercy of Kit and faster fleets.
    Maybe a crazy idea, but I'd try it .
    Yes. This could be The Best solution for my fleet. That is, loosing Raksha and leaving Fedor first with Herbert and Louise second with Violete for speed as well as putting all R7 lvl Speed galactonites on all of them, which I already have.
    The one thing that could complete this fleet for any bypass of enemy S6 fleets is acquiring and installing Rick from some future buy events where this fleet along with Fedor could be at least in some way capable to take opponent with more S6 commanders more frequently present...

Having three Castor eyes on lv III would greatly improve Fedors fleet counter attack. For this I wait the event of free choosing Lv three chest equipment with collected fragments...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbolt
    My main issue to having Raksha came from this last GL season. It was my first owning Caro and I lost count to the number of fights that I ended with Caro (with Kit) against Raksha, one-on-one. From all times this happened I can only remember one I lost and because oddly my enemy had Knous on Raksha... Also I'm a bit skeptic as if Raksha is able to kill other (strong) commander on a one-on-one fight (at high lvls). Depends on MC equipment.

I have not been around as much time as all of you and since I haven't reached 110 yet it might be different than what I am thinking. If I am just talking non-sense let me know
    I think that Raksha at Lv 110 is a bugger for offensive fleets there and still "A tanker", with Knous a lot more.

So after resuming this intel of yours, I can safely say that next fleet is in the making process and will switch from Defensive to Offensive one, as follows:

Fedor[+8]/Lt. Herbert, Louise[+7]/Lt. Viollete, Fitzgerald[+7]/Lt. Kit, Caroline[+8]/Lt. Krill, DFS[+6]/Lt. Millena

Knous and Rick are hopefully next for some next event cheaper price...

Thankz @Night, ;this was most valuable info so far, and if someone has anything to say on this combo and idea, you're most welcome!

cheers
    Last edited by Triad; February 15th, 2018 at 13:03.

I see only now what you mean. This next quote of yours is the way to go....

Yes. This could be The Best solution for my fleet. That is, loosing Raksha and leaving Fedor first with Herbert and Louise second with Violete for speed as well as putting all R7 lvl Speed galactonites on all of them, which I already have.
    The one thing that could complete this fleet for any bypass of enemy S6 fleets is acquiring and installing Rick from some future buy events where this fleet along with Fedor could be at least in some way capable to take opponent with more S6 commanders more frequently present...

Having three Castor eyes on lv III would greatly improve Fedors fleet counter attack. For this I wait the event of free choosing Lv three chest equipment with collected fragments...
    I just need to add one more thing.

Since you already have all commanders with R7 speed, you'll be faster most of times, except against Future and Scott (new s6 FS) fleets. So in GL, pay attention to who have these kind of commanders and against them you might need to readjust and sacrifice DFS for first shot (and play the same with the remaining 4 commanders).

I think that Raksha at Lv 110 is a bugger for offensive fleets there and still "A tanker", with Knous a lot more.
    True, but if it is without Knous it will be almost impossible for a Raksha to win over Caro for example (not even mentioning Rick or other s6's). It lacks atk capability. Well I guess Raksha users can also bet on winning by exhaustion (fight end due to nr of rounds)...

So after resuming this intel of yours, I can safely say that next fleet is in the making process and will switch from Defensive to Offensive one, as follows:

Fedor[+8]/Lt. Herbert, Louise[+7]/Lt. Viollete, Fitzgerald[+7]/Lt. Kit, Caroline[+8]/Lt. Krill, DFS[+6]/Lt. Millena

Knous and Rick are hopefully next for some next event cheaper price...

Thankz @Night, ;this was most valuable info so far, and if someone has anything to say on this combo and idea, you're most welcome!

cheers
    Hope it proves useful. Keep in mind that it is an idea and I haven't tested it.

Well speed is everything these days hence you best get Future or Scott to have that advantage (as you can't get Elijah who has even more speed) and then of course you best have all S6 commanders with R7 dual speeds maxed out. So yea, I think my next move might just be getting Scott when I can save up enough credits...
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].