Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Galactic Chairmen Guide :: Empire Headquarters - Medals - Basic Guide

Galactic Chairmen Guide :: Empire Headquarters - Medals - Basic Guide

Introduction

The Empire Headquarters is the latest feature addition to Galaxy Legend. It's another collection feature similar to Manoinver's Cabin or the classic basic equipment. It features medals in the sense of military decorations. Other than real military medals the Galaxy Legend medals are not given away for brilliant tactical performances or outstanding bravery but in a random lottery. You can receive at least 7 medals for free each day: 2 from regular explorations and 5 from the most recent medal extension - Medal Stage. The obtained medals can be used for different purposes. First is attaching the medals to commanders similar to regular and legendary equipment. Second use is the activation of combinations in Medal Stage for fleet buffs. Third - and only applicable to bronze and silver medals - is using them as Medal Experience (EXP). Fourth is using medals to upgrade medals of the same type.
    The purpose of this article is to discuss the impact and cost of Galaxy Legend Medals. It is assumed that you know how to use the medals feature and understand the basic terms. (Feel free to ask if not.)

Medal Overview

There are five color classes of medals which reflect the power of a medal. But take care each medal has two colors! One classification refers to the color of the frame: green, blue, purple, golden, red - with green being the worst class and red the best. This is the classification tap4fun uses in events. The second color classification is related to the medal material: bronze, silver, gold. In order to avoid confusion I will refer to the second best class as orange medals.

Frame Color-based (official) Color Code Material-based (Natural) Color Code
    green bronze
    blue silver
    purple gold
    gold orange
    red

Medal Improvement

Medals can be enhanced and upgraded. As over time players will have collected a full set of red red medals I will discuss only the improvement of this class here.

Medal Enhancement

Enhancements can be done without further restrictions and require certain amounts of Medal Experience (Medal EXP) for each step. The costs increase with each step and can be paid with Medal Experience Packs which exist in sizes S, M and L as well as silver and bronze medals.

The following table shows the amounts of experience contained in the different experience packs and medals.

EXP Overview.png

The best cost/use ratio have Medal EXP Packs (L).

Each step has an increasing enhance cost. For the first 5 steps I know the exact costs from personal experience (marked in green) the other step costs are extrapolated.

Enhance Costs.png

Enhancing medals is a pretty expensive project if the experience points are purchased. The total experience needed is around 240k Medal EXP which corresponds to nearly 200k Credits or around 500 days if a player can collect 0.5k Medal EXP per day.

Medal Upgrades

Medal upgrades are another way to improve medals. You need to collect dedicated upgrade materials for medal upgrades and additionally you have to reach certain enhance levels before you can upgrade a medal. For the first upgrade you need to enhance to level 5 at least. The materials needed are Trivalent Titanium and Inferno Ore and medals of the same type.
    Based on the Credits prices displayed in the Medal Merchant UI after the feature has been launched the first upgrade costs around 7k Credits if all resources can be purchased at 50% rebate.

Medal Improvement Summary

In order to enhance a commander completely with medals you need 5 red medals and each medal must be enhanced and upgraded to the maximum. The cost for this enhancement is either several years of patience or a significant Credits investment. Using the 50% Credits price approach the costs for a single commander's medals reaches 1M Credits easily!

Medal Improvement Boost.png

The medal bonus is comparable to the bonus from Manoinver's Cabin although there are some differences like True Damage and CR DMG RES. But using a ratio of 100 Credits per 1k Dark Aerosiderite even the 2.4M Dark Aeros needed for Flagship cost 240k Credits, only.

Manoinvers Cabin Boost.png

Comparing to other improvement methods Augmentations come into mind. To reach a comparable force boost many Augmentations are needed, probably 7-10 levels depending on the commander age. More recent commanders like S6 get a better boost from Augmentations than older heroes. Fully Credits-paid Augmentation material (Cores and Crystals) at 90% discount price costs 12k per level +8 - +12 and 24k per level +13 - +15 adding up to 132k Credits per commander. Indeed a cheap offer compared to the medals!

So before investing Credits into medals it is highly recommended to complete Augmentations and Manoinver's Cabin. Medals are a pretty expensive improvement area.
    Last edited by Nachteule; December 8th, 2017 at 21:53.

Reserved for second part.
    Last edited by Nachteule; December 8th, 2017 at 21:51.

Reserved for third part.

Reserved for fourth part.

I will continue with a second part reflecting Medal Archive soon. The data collection and analysis is already done. Feel free to post comments, questions and corrections about the texts!
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Really useful topic as many players still aren't familiar with this medal saga.
    If i'm not messing up things, i think purple or better medals can be split in exploits using medal reclaim - medals split entrance of the Empire Headquarters
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; December 9th, 2017 at 17:39.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

One-Star Admiral
    Thanks. Now I know not to waste credits on medals!!

One-Star Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by CalicoGray88 View Post
    Thanks. Now I know not to waste credits on medals!!
    Don't waste credits on anything, not worth it. Sooner or later you will have all the new shining things like TS5, dual R7, lv3 cabin equipment 20 times cheaper or even free. You (we) will not be number 1 player ever anyway, so why bother?

One-Star Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by bloody9 View Post
    Don't waste credits on anything, not worth it. Sooner or later you will have all the new shining things like TS5, dual R7, lv3 cabin equipment 20 times cheaper or even free. You (we) will not be number 1 player ever anyway, so why bother?
    Also, this game is coded so that indeed most of what you do is a waste of credits: For example i spent 4500 credits from what i saved in time to get my first TS5 module...guess what: i got a destroyer one, the most useless one for me, i don't use a destroyer, nor plan to get one in the future . T4F knows how to rip us off!!

The leveling exp on that table is for red medals, right? I believe gold medals go 740 exp from 1 to 2.