Thread: Image Problem

Question Image Problem

I have a question; Why recently, when do I start playing, I often see nothing? No pictures of the portraits of the commanders, the images of the ships. Because???

Galaxy1.jpg
    Galaxy2.jpg

it's a well known problem and it is widespread.

Any other tips from Android players?

For iOS players, there is nothing to be done except the wait for the images to load up from the handbook.

If you encounter this problem in the league, just enter the battle screen and cancel out again until the commander icon is shown, so that you can see your opponent's commander.

For statistically reasons, how much total and free RAM (memory, not space) does your phone have?
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

This happens almost on every game update. I get rid of it by ignoring - on first fight i see black profiles but on next fight the correct pictures of involved commanders are in place.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

This feature has been introduced long ago by tap4fun and is called "lazy loading" as far as I remember. When I started playing Galaxy Legend starting the app took a lot more time because all relevant content had to be downloaded in advance. tap4fun made the game start fast but load images and sounds in the background. I suppose whenever a new version is released the image files get a new timestamp on server even if not changed and have to be downloaded again although being present already.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

I have 3GB of memory. This problem almost always occurs at every game start, in my view it is not normal.
    Specific, an information that I forgot to say: This problem occurs 2 days on the BlueStacks program. Before these 2 days he never gave any errors, even when there were updates.

I uninstalled the game is installed again, but I did not bring results.

Maybe you should delete all the files of the game, but before, make sure to have your account linked

Already tried, all useless .... I think I will have to change emulator. But I do not understand, so suddenly what happened!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    This feature has been introduced long ago by tap4fun and is called "lazy loading" as far as I remember. When I started playing Galaxy Legend starting the app took a lot more time because all relevant content had to be downloaded in advance. tap4fun made the game start fast but load images and sounds in the background. I suppose whenever a new version is released the image files get a new timestamp on server even if not changed and have to be downloaded again although being present already.
    Unfortunately I think this is probably one of the reasons why the app crashes so many times in new features.
    I am tired of reinstalling the game and for some reason some feature always gets buggy and ends up crashing the app. It depends on what I access first since I install the app. The last features to be open will be the bugged ones.
    Usually if I open all features then the app is not able to download all commanders and eventually it will crash in Chaos Quasar (if a commander without picture appear) or Galaxy League. If, on the other hand, I start by going to the handbook and get the pictures of all commanders then the crashes will come either on the medals interface (Empire Headquarters) or on Primus (since it is at a specific time of a day usually is one of the last features to be opened if you reinstall the game).

As I said, I think the "lazy download" is actually the reason for these crashes. I believe some files get corrupt when downloading in background cause we usually jump from one feature to the next pretty fast, starting the download of many of them at the same time. However it is hard to know how long does it take to download a feature. Also they only start downloading when you access them (that's why when you reinstall you only get the commander pictures when they first appear or if you go on handbook and go through all of them).
    Another issue with the "lazy download" and corrupt files is if you suddenly change from network. Say you are at home, you just reinstalled and started the game, but for some reason you have to leave home and your phone changes to 4G. This change of network leads to an interruption of the downloads which can in turn lead to corrupt files.

For all of these reasons I'd rather prefer the app took longer to make the initial setup. At least we'd know we had all features correctly installed...

Hello
    I propose the solution for Tap4Fun. You must download the image files at the beginning of the game as an update and not while you play. While the images are completely displayed. There are players who crash because of this, so downloading files at startup is the only solution.