Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Repetitive game crashes for last 4 days

Exclamation Repetitive game crashes for last 4 days

Hello all. I have been playing for over a year now and would like to continue. However, for about the last 4 days my game has been crashing at about the 3 minute mark of being logged on. It happens in random locations, and the game just freezes. I can manipulate the system to close the frozen game interface, and re-start the game. But it is a rinse/ repeat type thing. I don't seem to have this issue with any other apps so I am assuming it is the game itself. Any help would be much appreciated.

If not done yet you should make your account portable. You can register a tap4fun account or/and link your game account to Facebook.

After that delete app cash, data and app finally itself and re-install. That's what I heard it helped several times.

After re-install login with your Facebook-linked or tap4fun-registered account to get you game state recovered. You can test the success of making the account portable if you install the app on a different device (of a friend or family member) and check login first.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

I have to submit a game crash problem as well.
    Been playing on Galaxy Xperia Z3 tablet for some few weeks.
    It was ok until few days back when the game manifested all the same symptoms as Bob Driskell...?

Deleted cash and in didn't help. I'll delete all the game since it is connected to FB account and it should work afterwards...

one more thing to report: Game that has been played on broad range of devices running Kit Kat is FAR MORE cooler in devices than on version 6.0 Marshmallow or Nougat...
    Don't know what is up to the devs. of version 5.0 up? But it seems that they are employing new set of instructions that are putting quite more load on the processors for no real purpose!

The game is heating the devices that are on ver 6.0, 7.0 android!

I suppose that new versions of Galaxy Legend that are more processor thirsty are forgotten or neglected by the devs of GL here!!!

Hope that someone will take this post into consideration, or else I'll have to make new thread if the issue continues after reinstall...

cheers
    Last edited by Triad; December 5th, 2017 at 14:43.
    Triad.s729, world684(Android)
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

It really seems to have an impact which device is used ... huge problems with an 2012 ipad 4 (1GB RAM, A6 CPU) ... with a new iPhone SE (2GB RAM, A9 CPU) games runs smooth (same account) ... i guess the upgrade in RAM and better CPU make the difference ... probably someone on ios, that has more then one device can confirm, or share their experience ... i have no idea about android ...
    Richard+10 with Krill+7, Nicholas+11 with Herbert+7, GL+10 with Knous+7, SL+7, Raksha+10 with Kit+4, Slade+11 with Mileena+6

-Havoc-.s612
    World 400 iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    It really seems to have an impact which device is used ... huge problems with an 2012 ipad 4 (1GB RAM, A6 CPU) ... with a new iPhone SE (2GB RAM, A9 CPU) games runs smooth (same account) ... i guess the upgrade in RAM and better CPU make the difference ... probably someone on ios, that has more then one device can confirm, or share their experience ... i have no idea about android ...
    I think it's related to the device's ram, I had Galaxy Legend installed on my Nox and it was crashing, then I checked at the settings and the crashing was because of I had the Ram of the emulator on 1024mb, then I raised it to 1536mb and now never crashes, even the shadows successfully downloaded

I have 3 gigs of ram in my device and it's still crashing or just freezing.
    So it's not Ram that's causing this. I'd say something about 4.4 versions of the Androids that has been (un)optimized by optimizing the game for ver. 6.0 and 7.0...
    Om my other two devices Marshmallow and Nougat there are no these issues!

If someone else also can report here possible issues on other devices tablet or phones, it would be much appreciated..!

cheers ...
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    I have 3 gigs of ram in my device and it's still crashing or just freezing.
    So it's not Ram that's causing this. I'd say something about 4.4 versions of the Androids that has been (un)optimized by optimizing the game for ver. 6.0 and 7.0...
    Om my other two devices Marshmallow and Nougat there are no these issues!

If someone else also can report here possible issues on other devices tablet or phones, it would be much appreciated..!

cheers ...
    I have the same problem on my tablet, that's why I decided to install an android emulator in my laptop
    *my tablet is Huawei T1 7.0, android version: 4.4.2

What matters is not the amount of RAM you have on your device but the amount of FREE Ram that is available to Galaxy Legend. At some point this game became really greedy in terms of hardware resources and it requires more than 1GB ram for itself (up to 1.4 Gb RAM usage have been reported in a fb group not too long ago)
    As long as devs are not going to write clean (and optimised) program code, the issues with crashes on nowaday's mainstream devices will persist (personally, I have my doubts that they are able to write "good" code now - it requires some investments and t4f is not willing to invest too much anymore in this game as it is now a cow they are milking to max)
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; December 5th, 2017 at 17:39.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

"Cow they are milking too much" goes in the way of ME Leaving this game!!!
    I still think that it is NOT RAM that's causing this because game MUST have enough ram for 3+, 4+ gigs devices...
    It simply freezes with this much ram, non the less..!

Must say that after cleaning device of the game it worked some few days and the problem returns...!?

By all other forum opinions on the net as well as here, I'd say that this is mostly experienced on TABLETS...
    So, it goes logically to assume that, since tablets have broad range of different resolutions, that THAT could be the reason for freezing!

Also, most game crashes reported are the same symptoms, just FREEZE picture and nothing else...

Once more, my dev. is SE Xperia Z3 tablet, and it should be quite capable to throttle this 2D game to its max, but NO, it's NOT the case!

Most other 3d hungry games, in difference to this game are so much optimized with their chipsets that freaking 40 FRAMES 3D action scenes don't heat up the processor to 40 degrees!!!

GL, 2D game, in the other hand DOES HEAT IT UP all the way to 40C on android 5, 6 and 7 devices...

Must state my complaints here since there is NO OTHER way to report with at least SOME RESPOND, since official way does not mean sh**t ...

Hope that others who see this thread here, DO REPORT their devices and freeze/crash problems...

cheers

I play on iOS and tested the game in different devices. I will disregard freezes on iPad 2 since it is "old", but I have experienced crashes on two different iphones.

Last week it has been even crazier than before. Now I get a freeze/crash everytime I press any button after a battle. This is terribly annoying... Need 15 crashes to go through CQ, plus another 20 or so to go through GL everyday, and other 5 for medal quests, and so on... (Also on Primus) This every single day! I also get crashes when performing 2nd free exploration on medals (can do the first ok, but if I then go for 2nd it crashes, independently of the order I take).

On both devices I have tried multiple installations and have already even reset them to factory definitions. Now on one I went to the handbook and get all commanders info and pictures, so I pretty much can enter all fights, while on the other I went for the medal interfaces so I can complete the quests and upgrade them. Both have the same issue regarding crashes after fights, though on the second I can do 2/3 fights in a row if it has already downloaded all commanders involved. If some new commander appears it can or not crash (kinda random).

I do agree with Triad regarding comparison between 3d and this 2d game. Although there is some movement it is mostly a static game and shouldn't push that much for CPU. It is hard to accept that a smartphone which can handle dozens of apps open together can't handle one single game opened without any other app running in the background (I usually dismiss all apps. ofc there are always some that keep running like whatsapp, facebook, mail, etc...). Also considering that the game downloads all of the pictures to your device just once. I might be able to understand this if it was holding all the pictures of the game on RAM, but those are hold on physical memory...

I want to try soon to uninstall absolutely everything except from GL on one of them, to see if it affects at all the performance. Though probably only next year now.