Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Commander Focus #36: Rick

  1. #1
    Galactic Chairman
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    109

    Commander Focus #36: Rick

    Hidden Stab
    Vertical attack, deals 400% S-ATK and increases 100 points Accumulator for self; also, it has a 70% chance to make the ship itself become invisible for 1 round after the attack. Note: The ship's receiving S-ATK damage will be reduced by 30%.

    20171101_011539.jpg



    Hello, commanders.

    In this week it is time for us to discuss about one of the strongest commanders of all time (in my opinion the strongest in most of the cases), Rick. I believe that for a long, long time Razz was considered for many the strongest SS commander of all time, even he being really old. He doesn’t have good defensive attributes, although his attack power is definitely impressive. A striker tends to be a commander with a very offensive special and if he doesn’t kill his enemy he normally becomes an easy target to be killed and in the history of Galaxy Legend I’ve seen a lot of times strikers gaining a very high fire power and losing it in a few time, so the investment in a striker normally is very hard to maintain. That is one of the reasons that makes Razz a very solid commander. Rarely his firepower was not enough to kill most of the enemies in front of him and even if he can’t kill with one special he has another chance in next round. His 100 acc recover was and still what makes him great. But Razz have another great ability that, in my opinion, makes him really effective: he removes 100% of the s-atak of the enemies’ that he hits; before the really high attack numbers and true damage this used to make a line dead or useless, as with no s-attack the enemies couldn’t cause too much damage.
    Seeing so many new commanders stronger than the old SS commanders I was expecting Razz 2.0, but I really didn’t expect a commander with 400% s-attack and 100 acc recover. That is crazy! In offensive power that is much higher than Razz and even with the max reshape that gives a lot of HP Rick can one shot in many cases. In my opinion, that alone would be a reason to make Rick a must have commander, but Tap decided to go beyond and give him a much better defensive ability that the one Razz have: invisibility!
    And then I got sad with Rick: He is too unbalanced and, in my opinion, the most unbalanced commander of all time. I can’t count the many times that I lost or win with Rick alone becoming invisible for 7, 10, even 15 times in a row. That is crazy! In my opinion that makes the game poor, as one commander can make possible to anyone that started a few weeks ago to beat a player with years of hard work and/or a lot of money invested just because there is a commander that can become invisible for an unlimited number of consecutive rounds, consequently becoming impossible to be killed and can kill your full fleet without a chance for a counter.
    You can (or could) say: just try to kill Rick before he fires his special and become invisible. Well, if you have a super offensive commander that can win a battle alone the most obvious strategy is to kill him before he can fire, so Tap changed Herbert and now he can give Rick 30% attack (for a commander with 400% of modifier) and revive the hard to kill Rick for another chance of him becoming invisible and kill the enemies’ fleet.
    So, Rick has a crazy special power and has 70% chance to become invisible with no limit and can use Herbert as lieutenant to revive so he still needs 30% s-damage reduction to become even stronger. Ok, it works only against specials, but don’t the newest commanders have 100 acc recover and fire special in theory every round? Yes, this s-damage reduction is really strong and makes Rick even stronger than I described before.
    Well, I personally don’t like that Rick turned the game in such a roulette, but I obviously bought him as soon as he was released.
    To make the history short: buy Rick as soon as you can and enjoy him before Tap releases a commander that reveals all invisible commanders or something like that. He is unbalanced and for now there is not a real effective counter not luck based as Volkof, sometimes Star Lord removing his acc even when he is invisible, Caroline that can hit him with her secondary damage and Star Lord/Fedor with the reflection. They can help to counter Rick, but they are very situational and not easy to be effective.
    What about your opinion? Are you crazily mad because of Rick? Saving to buy him? Happy to be beating super strong players because of him? Come and contribute for us to know more about this crazy commander!

    See you in the Galaxy!
    Last edited by Anakin; November 1st, 2017 at 04:17.
    Galactic Chairman

  2. #2
    Section Leader Nopo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently somewhere in South East Asia
    Posts
    2,547
    In your opinion. With Caroline IBMAness when she was introduced as 100% what would be the comparative IMBAness of Rick vs Caroline in terms of 1) unbalance 2) percentage of imbalance between Caroline & Rick (eg. Caroline = 58% vs Rick's 97%)
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

  3. #3
    Section Leader Nachteule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,613
    Mass invasion of stupid commanders, imho. When the outcome of a battle is determined by having first shot and a single new commander and by lucky streaks of hidings the game comes down to pure spending for win and no brain is needed. I am really curious when the first played claims that Rick has been nerfed...

    I don't know if purchasing Rick is a good idea. So far any new Striker has become obsolete after very few months. Razz has been an exception but heck he has been an SS - those should last.

    And the mechanisms of the game are always the same: First tap4fun sell the threat and later the solution.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

  4. #4
    Galactic Chairman Pliusomiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    MDA
    Posts
    922
    Good overview as allways, Anakin.
    And, just as many others, I consider that Rick is really disbalanced as a commander, unfortunately.
    With every new commander t4f introduces, the disbalance is more and more annoying. There are nearly 200 commanders in handbook, with over 100 of them being S class or better (SS/dark) but in the end there is only a handful of commanders that are of real use in day to day play. Sure thing, this half of the dozen has a consistent price tag (40k+ credits per commander)
    Just as Nachteule said : " mass invasion of stupid commanders" with heavy price tags
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

  5. #5
    One-Star Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    394
    It's good to wait for 6mths before buying any new Cmdr.
    Then it's CHEAPER.
    Plus you won't be buying a Cmdr that been nerfed
    And you spend less credits

  6. #6
    Private Pablitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    8
    This game is a business and they are obviously going to launch commander after commander. If you do not think about spending, you will be one of the most and you will easily get bored. it is true that there are no strategies, only where to stop and ready. I hope this game becomes strategic. This is the best commander of the moment and it will last for a long time, with Caroline the same thing happened and is still present in 90% of the fleets.
    (- Pablitus -)


    Alliance: Anathema
    World: 987
    Fleet: Craven (15) - Ghost Rider (15) - Brock (T2) - Roland (15) - Sky Mightly (15)

  7. #7
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Vrsac
    Posts
    15
    Perfect ship for some time.

    If you put him on +12 or +15,if you add Laser lv3, if you put r7 dual lv8-9-10,if you upgrade Cabin on max,if you shoot first,if you have good Medal if you if you... too many if )))

    to bad I don;t have all this to test old Flynn lol
    Last edited by Slobodan Todorovic; November 8th, 2017 at 08:14.

  8. #8
    Two-Star Admiral Triad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Siberia
    Posts
    431
    F*ck S6 I'm on all S5 at the moment...
    Still too expensive...

    but this heavy weight commander, or Sonya from protectors side, would be only S6 "MUST HAVE's" I'd choose..., imho!

    cheers
    Last edited by Triad; March 6th, 2018 at 10:24.
    Triad.s729, world684(Android)
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

  9. #9
    Brigadier
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    156
    Rick is the most OP of all commanders Tap has ever put out. Caro was uber in her time and so was FD, but I always won against fleets half my force. Always. Not so with Rick. All you need is a lvl 105 fleet with a lvl 7 Rick with decent galas and legendary equipment and you will beat a lvl 110 double your force (granted they also don't have Rick). I lost to several youngins who used their other commanders as cannon fodder only to leave a lowly Rick (sometimes not even lvl 7) to solo a 100% hp fleet. I have 7.2B force with a lvl 12 Caro, lvl 9 Brian, lvl 8 Raksha and Kate and a lvl 7 Cynthia and 3 ts4s and 2 ts5s and lvl 8 dual r7s across the board and I lost to 3 or 4 such fleets that had less than 3.5B force. Heck we have one guy on our server with 5B force who constantly beats 12B fleets.

  10. #10
    Section Leader Nopo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently somewhere in South East Asia
    Posts
    2,547
    i have not been so fortunate with my own Rick. The most it has strung it's like 4 continuous invisibility when he is the only commander left.

    My gut feeling is that there is a factor that compares our fleet with the opponent, and which ever fleet is "weaker" (within a certain limit), will get a string of Rick special going off, giving him invisibility
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •