Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Star Lord vs Caroline

Poll: Star Lord vs Caroline

Howdy folks,

I only have room for one ranger in my PvP fleet. Please venture your opinion on who is better, and why?
    Thank you, and cheers!

The Khangster

Caroline.
    I would think players with both commanders would choose Caroline

You can read up Anakin's commander focus

http://galaxylegend.tap4fun.com/foru...us-28-Caroline
    vs
    http://galaxylegend.tap4fun.com/foru...s-24-Star-Lord

The short summary of why ? (Not in order of importance)

1) auto full accumulator (if not disabled/lock/frozen/weaken/deaccumulate)

This allows Caroline to shoot her SATK & special every round

2) Caroline's special compared to Star Lord's special

Caroline secondary secondary effect from her special is very attack focuses and very often against opponents who are not yet the same level as you and/or with hull reshape and/or augment level cannot survive either her initial attack or the follow up 230% of follow up damage (which Anakin pointed out) is even more damaging than the first.

Her fleet buff allows her and the prioritised shooter or next lowest HP to have an extra 80% dodge which is often enough to dodge attacks and survive longer to contribute to further attacks.

With these alone she can single handed win battles if opponent does not have any more recent commanders.

3) Knous as lieutenant

With Caroline able to shoot her special every round (under normal circumstances), Knous makes her even more dangerous.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Thanks, Nopo. Those arguments are difficult to refute. I haven't either commanders, merely deciding on which to add. Cheers!
    Last edited by Khangster; October 23rd, 2017 at 11:47.

Star Lord also have some negative bugs related to his special which even though it has be reported hasn't been fixed.
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/

Well, that's that then. Oh, Carol here I come...

I run both in my pvp and both has their value. But if I had to chose one it would be Caroline. Starlord suffer from the fact that he apparently just "borrow" accu from enemies when he plunder making him not fire special second time even if accu bar i full. It's a bit annoying to say the least....

But also Caro will be twice the cost (worst case cost) than Starlord.
    [AoW] GL :: Art Of War :: Official 100 Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1689...f=group_header

Yes, and an additional factor is that I can use Caroline in my Primus fleet as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Khangster View Post
    Yes, and an additional factor is that I can use Caroline in my Primus fleet as well...
    a very important point too. My PvP vs Primus fleet only have Caroline & Louise (and the flagship) as the same commanders, but for the 2 commanders, due to the higher augment levels, better Manoinver's Cabin upgrades and legendary equipment on the PvP, the PvP fleet actually does more damage against Primus, even though it doesn't last as many rounds of battles against Primus.

One-Star Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by ASR1927 View Post
    I run both in my pvp and both has their value. But if I had to chose one it would be Caroline. Starlord suffer from the fact that he apparently just "borrow" accu from enemies when he plunder making him not fire special second time even if accu bar i full. It's a bit annoying to say the least....

But also Caro will be twice the cost (worst case cost) than Starlord.
    IF i had to choose, of course i would choose Caro over SL, though at the moment i run both of them with good results. With a stardust R7 (+13 atm for me) Star Lord becomes much more useful, his "bug" is not so obvious anymore, he shoots his special more often and his attacks are stronger. In addition SL is more useful now with his increased special fire rate against Caroline and Brian, he interrupts their string of special attacks every time he is firing his own. (-20 accu).
    Krill on SL with stardust is a also a very viable alternative and a pain in the ass for the opponent. And last...with my Caro (with Knous) i am very afraid of the Star Lord's damage reflect skill...my Caroline is a very hard hitter and that usually means she dies from the damage reflected by a full health SL...they both die usually. All in all i find them both very useful.
    Last edited by bloody9; October 23rd, 2017 at 08:10.

Quote Originally Posted by bloody9 View Post
    IF i had to choose, of course i would choose Caro over SL, though at the moment i run both of them with good results. With a stardust R7 (+13 atm for me) Star Lord becomes much more useful, his "bug" is not so obvious anymore, he shoots his special more often and his attacks are stronger. In addition SL is more useful now with his increased special fire rate against Caroline and Brian, he interrupts their string of special attacks every time he is firing his own. (-20 accu).
    Krill on SL with stardust is a also a very viable alternative and a pain in the ass for the opponent. And last...with my Caro (with Knous) i am very afraid of the Star Lord's damage reflect skill...my Caroline is a very hard hitter and that usually means she dies from the damage reflected by a full health SL...they both die usually. All in all i find them both very useful.
    Thank you for the input, bloody9. I guess it all comes down to speed: you gotta hit hard and hit first! Cheers!