Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Striker or Protector ? And Other Commander Pairing Synergy

Striker or Protector ? And Other Commander Pairing Synergy

Hi all,
    I am newbie in this world, trying my best to build a good fleet. I am enjoying playing with you and want to continue in future. My fleet now consist with,
    FS(+5)with Mileena
    FD(+4)with kit
    Geoffrey(+5) with acc'tan
    Sirenne (+5)with khala
    Dor (+5) with Krill

My aim is to keep FD and Dor permanently (of course with FS), and aimed to upgrade Rover into red commander..

Need Suggestion about....
    (a) should I take striker instead of protector? (FS+Dor+FD+Striker+Rover)
    (b) Or keep protector and upgrade to higher red protector commander ? (FS+Dor+FD+Protector+Rover)
    (c) Or, keep both protector and a new striker and leave rover ? (FS+Dor+FD+Striker+Protector)

Sorry, I am inexperienced. If it is possible, need guidance from you guys, as there is six class ships are there but i want at least five of them in my fleet ..........

Thank you
    Last edited by Nopo; October 6th, 2017 at 07:23. Reason: changed title to better reflect discussion which is no longer just about Striker or Protector

If you want a protector, the only nice ship at a reasonable price is Raksha
    I prefer buy a good striker ship, like Sturdy or Fitzgerald and a good Rover at a nice price Azrael
    Depending on how much credits you have and what level are you.
    My tip would be: FS, Dor, FD, Azrael and Fitzgerald (he's on a better price)

Thank you for your informative suggestion. i am now lvl 101 having 960M force. i am also thinking for going after good rover and striker ....

BlackFox, as said above by Jemy, there is only one budget protector one could consider at this moment - Raksha. Others are weak (Geoff or previous) while the oktopus is still overpriced (and somehow useless at your level due to low attack power of his special that could lead to weaker shields)
    On the other side, i run a non-protector and non destroyer fleet for some time with quite good results.
    Alternatives for protectors: Star Lord (ranger) / Maggie (rover) / Az (rover)
    A protector could be easily disabled by opponent's Kit+4 as lt on a self-recharging commander like Dor/FD/Joya/Caro etc while rover's and ranger's assistive skil can't be directly disabled.
    Alternatives for destroyers - red strikers. Destroyers are often subject of a mutual lock (using Jackie +1 as lt) and for this reason i preffer a good striker (Fitz or the monkey) instead
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; September 25th, 2017 at 16:56.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

Thank you Pliusomiot...... I am also thinking, Geoff lacking behind, now i need something more. I will try with red striker .... let's see how it goes .....

Warden and especially Geoff lose effectiveness pretty quick as level goes up. At L110, they are basically enemy accumulator rechargers.

The game is ever changing, so you will never have a commander you keep forever. In my opinion, as of right now (in order):

Best effectiveness for the cost:
    Azrael (his "effective damage" continues to increase as HP increases as he reduces all stats; downside is the 70% to trigger)
    Raksha (hiding everyone and still effective damage reduction; need at least one decent "killer" to go with him)
    Ursa (he is on a downward trend, but is cheap and I still see him in a lot of effective fleets. 800% S-ATK potential and high block)

More effective, but also more expensive:
    Caroline (she can take down entire fleets by herself)

Slightly less effective (or more situational), but still good value:
    Fitz
    Starlord
    Louise
    Sturdy

Even less effective, but cheap (at least cheap as things go in this game):
    Maggie (ATK reduction, fairly durable)
    Stratus (lock; needs a good pairing to be effective)
    FD (def plunder and counters enemy destroyers)
    Dor (+HR and +Crit)
    Joya (okay damage and counters enemy destroyers)
    Retrobot (Freeze and deaccumulate; again needs a good pairing to be effective)

Wow, that's nice way to put it, thnx mate

Quote Originally Posted by TarkTrain View Post
    Warden and especially Geoff lose effectiveness pretty quick as level goes up. At L110, they are basically enemy accumulator rechargers.

The game is ever changing, so you will never have a commander you keep forever. In my opinion, as of right now (in order):

Best effectiveness for the cost:
    Azrael (his "effective damage" continues to increase as HP increases as he reduces all stats; downside is the 70% to trigger)
    Raksha (hiding everyone and still effective damage reduction; need at least one decent "killer" to go with him)
    Ursa (he is on a downward trend, but is cheap and I still see him in a lot of effective fleets. 800% S-ATK potential and high block)

More effective, but also more expensive:
    Caroline (she can take down entire fleets by herself)

Slightly less effective (or more situational), but still good value:
    Fitz
    Starlord
    Louise
    Sturdy

Even less effective, but cheap (at least cheap as things go in this game):
    Maggie (ATK reduction, fairly durable)
    Stratus (lock; needs a good pairing to be effective)
    FD (def plunder and counters enemy destroyers)
    Dor (+HR and +Crit)
    Joya (okay damage and counters enemy destroyers)
    Retrobot (Freeze and deaccumulate; again needs a good pairing to be effective)
    Thankz Tark,

Concerning this what is your (And Others) opinion about fleet in my signature?
    On newest portal event i acquired, again oldest S5 commander Fitz, so now I am calculating is it worth enough changing Azrael with him?
    Or some other member of my fleet???

Triad.s729, world684(Android)
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

DFS and Azrael do not fit to each other very well. SL and Raksha do not work together very well, either. Furthermore you have no real killer in your fleet.

Basically Raksha, Azrael, FD and Star Lord are commanders to control the battle field more than to kill opposing fleet. Without Dor your Azrael is probably missing his targets sometimes? Therefore I would indeed consider to put Fitzgerald as replacement of Azrael. Fitzgerald fires his special under Raksha every 2nd turn.

On the other hand I am a huge fan of Azrael. He is the only commander that really helps to break through Louise, Knous, opposing Raksha. But I would combine him with Dor for more effectivity.
    Last edited by Nachteule; October 3rd, 2017 at 10:39.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

One-Star Admiral
    Ursa is on a fast downward trend with more and more Carolines around and with the known bug (kills done by second part of Caro attack does not activate Ursa rage). Since i have Caro i lost only one time due to Ursa's special.