Thread: Ursa versus Dor

Brigadier

Ursa versus Dor

With the every changing dynamic of Galaxy Legends. I wonder whom is currently better Ursa or Dor.

Ursa was a champion able to make Beta type fleets take down an Alpha fleet. But now with the new unlocking of armor reshape and other boosting effects you need two hits while Ursa is Hulked up for a kill. From my own experience he does not seem to be the champ he once was. In galaxy league he still helps in fleets close to my force, but anything substantially (+200) stronger I lose, even worse a fleet that's weaker but with Caroline I lose.

Dor on the other hand seem like one of the best support units out there. Will full accumulator recovery and hit-rate plus critical boost he can make your team full of killers. Toss Kit plus four on him and you got a protector shutdown. Dor seem to be the best solution so far to the current "I win" commander Caroline. Giving your crew a chance to hit her. My only problem with Dor is he has no punch. His attacks are weak, showing you should just plan on using him for support of your other commanders.

Thoughts on the Rangers? Which would you use and why?
    ben42.s814 world 772 (Android)

Three-Star Admiral
    yes it seems anyone with a carol has a dor protected by her to take out opponent's carol. i am contemplating whether to get one also as my crew cant hit carol for nuts. additionally he can be useful in primus. i was not so lucky to get him from portal...all duplicates so far

edit: is a +10 necessary for dor to be effective against carol? if it is then it's pointless for me as i can't get it to +10. not enough chips
    Last edited by rx3; June 24th, 2017 at 12:42.

Colonel
    I augmented Dor to +10 as he seems the only counter to caroline: my SL and Fitz take her down without any issues

Brigadier
    Quote Originally Posted by Qix View Post
    I augmented Dor to +10 as he seems the only counter to caroline: my SL and Fitz take her down without any issues
    Good to know, I can only do plus eight. so will have to get lucky.
    ben42.s814 world 772 (Android)

Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben42 View Post
    Good to know, I can only do plus eight. so will have to get lucky.
    well Dor +7 and high hit rate commanders (maybe with good Gala and Ts4) are good enough to take down Caroline

One-Star Admiral
    I use Dor now long time and i will not miss him, like Nachteule said a few times. At the moment i use Dor+7, all my other Commanders has Hit Rate 160-180 without Dor's buff. Since Caro came out I never got a problem vs Caro Fleets. 9 of 10 fighrs against her i win. If i not would use two complete difference strategys on my two main accounts i would Itermediatly recruit him now from Shop. For Primus he is useful too. If you already have Ursa then take Dor too, they both great for Primus. You will not regret to recruit him Ben42!
    Draconic s.334 - World 1237 - Android
    Fleet: Raksha+8,FD+7,Azrael+8,Ursa+8,FS+7
    Leut: Krill+7,Jackie+1,Kit+4,Elsa+4,Violette+4

KAOS s.332 - World 1235 - Android
    Fleet: Star Lord+8,Dor+7,Stratus+7,Aquos+8,FS+7
    Leut: Krill+7,Kit+4,Paccar+7,Zaffrey+4,Dingo+4

I think Dor is one of the answers to Caroline. But there is not THE ANSWER in my opinion. Star Lord, Louise, Raksha, Knous are other options that worked well against my fleet in Galaxy League.

One thing that one should know before going for Dor and to avoid disappointment. Dor's stats are weak compared to latest red commanders. You need high MC level, at least +7 augmentation and ideally TS-46 and TS-42 Modules and R7 Starlight and Strike to give him some punch.

Dor is 90% support and 10% force on his own. At the same augmentation, same MC level, similar LE, similar Galas level Dor and Star Lord have very different power:

ATK (Dor / SL): 2.5 M / 3 M
    S-ATK: 2.1 M / 2.8 M
    DEF: 1.7 M / 1.5 M
    S-DEF: 1.4 M / 1.4 M
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Brigadier
    I can tell you I hate Ursa in opposing fleets. Even with 970m force, there are times where the opposing player with 500m force has Ursa finishing 4/5 of my fleet. It's not like I am weak; I have pretty much everything other than r7 % galas which are a waste of energy. The only time I win against Ursa is some dolt thought it was smart putting him out front. If he's in the back, I lose 99% of the time.

I agree with Nachteule, I just got me Dor and I like him. He's more an defensive commander with high dodge rate and his AST skills help a lot. Personally I prefer high dodge commanders instead of high blockers
    Be water my friend

Sieben | Sieben GL | sieben.s592 | World 380(iOS)
    forum | facebook | ingame | server

How would formation with Ursa and Dor hold on in different game rooms and tactics!??
    Has anyone got two of them in the same fleet at +7, and Dor with let's say Kit Lt. +4..?
    I'm eager to know... that is probably cheapest bang for buck solution together with ie. Star lord and Caroline in the same fleet... )
    Triad.s729, world684(Android)
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise