Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #29: Knous

Galactic Chairman

Commander Focus #29: Knous

knous.jpg

Knous
    Cosmic Field
    Single attack, deals 200% S-ATK damage and casts a weakening effect on target which gets hit. The weakening effect will cause a decreasing of all stats by 50% for 1 round. Also it will reduce all enemies' damage by 50% for 1 round.

Hello, Commanders.

In this week handbook we are going to discuss about Commander Knous. For what I see in my fights through the Galaxy, Commander Knous is not a very common choice to compose the fleet. When I first read his description my first thought was that he would not be very desired and it seems I was right. But, Is this because he is a bad commander? In my opinion: No, he is definitely not. Although, he is only not a "must have commander" as Caroline, for example, and others commanders that are cheaper at the moment can do something similar to his job in the fleet. So that's why I think he didn't sell too much.
    Before talking about his weaknesses I prefer to discuss about his qualities. Knous is really resistant. I've lost several battles because Knous simply doesn't want to die and survives a lot of my attacks. He has very nice dodge, block, sdef and specially anti critical. Also his special reduces 50% of enemies's damage. He is definitely a tank. Beyond that, he can curse the opponent in his target reducing all his attributes by half, like Azrael. This is great to help his allies to kill the tank of the enemy's team, specially Raksha, as if he fires special before Knous he will be his only target. He may not have been created to be the star of the team, but a midfielder that can organize the game for your team (a soccer metaphor from a Brazilian).
    As his curse is only single target it is very dependent on the both formations, so Knous becomes too situational and this is a negative part of him, although his damage reduction is great. But, why not use Raksha or Louise to do something familiar? I think that is the biggest reason for him not to be so common in many fleet. Knous can reduce 50% of the damage, although his allies are still visible to be receive debuff skills, like acummulator deplete, locks, damage reductions, freeze and others. So Raksha is better for this task, as he reduces 70% of the damage and gives a second protection with the invisibility buff. Ok, Kit can lock Raksha's skill and Knous can't be blocked, by any lieutnant, but maybe this is not enough to make the players to change from Raksha to Knous.
    If the player wants a rover that can "reduce the damage" they can use Louise to simulate that, as she gives the stasis shield to deny a lethal damage. In this case she also can't be blocked and her allies are still visible, but her shield seems to be better in most of the situations and she can be used also for primus.
    Again, I'm not saying Knous is a bad commander. Madmax and Farti give me a lot of trouble in the Galaxy League and Knous is one of the responsible for that. I fight strong Knous and I have no doubts of his value, but maybe he didn't bring something too revolutionary that the players could be passionate by.
    What do you think about commander Knous? Would you like to have him in your fleet? Do you agree with me? I hope someone can bring more feedback and show us how impressive he can be.

See you in the Galaxy.
    Last edited by Lola; June 20th, 2017 at 18:06.
    Galactic Chairman

First I would say once again a great analysis, and I would agree. Knous when he was coming didn't blow my mind while I could see the potential his single attack with weakening effect on same target I found to be less attractive. Cause if a 200% S-ATK doesn't take the enemy down, you will weaken that commander but then you still need to have one that will finish the job. In that sense I found that Azrael was more impressive, but then I must admin the reduce all enemies damage is what questioned me on how that would play out especially for big hitter like Caroline or even Ursa. Not convincing enough but I haven't come across the strongest Knous either.
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

Corporal
    I also agree that he is good, but there are others that do a better job.

While he cant be locked, Raksha can keep his accum up pretty much all the time because the entire fleet is invisible, while Knous, if in the same place, cant keep his damage debuff up all the time, and it only lasts one round...

And also Raksha is way, way, way cheaper than Knous (Raksha should be something like 1/3 of Knous price) as he was released many months before...

Sorry for the delay with the video guys... really busy day at work today.
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

He is not to bad...only that is monomer and the price is a bit to high for him and exactly how you stated, there are others to do same things and better than him

Corporal
    Viens avec moi, ensemble nous vaincrons et gagnerons tous les combats!!

Major General
    One of the weakest commanders lately. A player might want to make him strong but his skill is limited. Didn't even think of buying him. If I needed a new rover, I would go for Louise.
    volente.s177 | world1080 merged | android |

Can you update the analysis after he get Lieutenant Skill

Yes, as Lt I would say Knous is a must have and that is why he is now on my wanted list of commanders. His Lt skills are great and very lethal. :-)
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

Quote Originally Posted by JLeroux View Post
    Yes, as Lt I would say Knous is a must have and that is why he is now on my wanted list of commanders. His Lt skills are great and very lethal. :-)
    I agree. If you can afford him he might be the best commander investment at the moment. Like Krill you will very likely never stop using him.

Sadly for many players Knous is not affordable at the moment. And he is one of those commanders that can make a fleet lose even if much stronger than opponent with Knous. In my opinion Knous is one of those commanders that cause a lot of frustration because he renders patient play useless like FD, Raksha and Caro before. I wish tap4fun would analyze the impact of commanders before releasing or "improving" them.

Playing against Knous means to avoid that key commanders like Caroline, Louise, Brian, Sturdy, ... are hit by the opposing Knous-wearing commander. I think putting Raksha in a single column might be an approach to deal with Knous. If Knous hits Raksha before he hides the fleet the other 4 commanders are still safe for some rounds as Raksha is quite tanky even without his special. If Raksha fires hit special before Knous he will attract Knous to his column. And if Knous hits a non-Raksha column first Raksha can fire his special and the other commanders can restore their force while under Raksha's stealth.

So how do you deal with Knous?
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]