Thread: Does Cello's Shield damge reduction stack?

Does Cello's Shield damge reduction stack?

I have multiple Cello's Shield on my fleet which as we know reduce a random enemy's ATK and am thinking of getting a Cello's Sheild 2.

My question is would the reduction in damage stack. For example if a Cellos shield 2 activated and then afterwards a Cellos sheild 1 activated to reduce the ATK on the same enemy ship. Or would they override each other (cancel the first affect).
    Do the values stack from the other team members all activating their Cellos Sheilds or do they cancel each other out?

Similar question is would Damonrick's Armor 2's buff stack with Damonrick's Armor 1 if they are on the same commander, or would they override each other. As I have seen some players using Caster's Eyes 1 and 2 on the same commander with an interesting effect. Not that I intend to do this as I would rather have the buff on Sages Fortune by using a red LW.
    Last edited by 0rca234; June 6th, 2017 at 17:04.

Anyone? I admit this is a difficult question.

Major General
    In my opinion Cello's shield is the worst equipment of all available types. You never know which enemy ship is affected, you can't check it. Even if the shield is activated, the affected enemy's ship can die next second and the effect is lost.

So my answer to your question is that it's very difficult to check. You need to be very lucky to have 2 shields affecting one enemy ship.
    But my inner voice tells me they might actually stack.
    volente.s177 | world1080 merged | android |

Ok thanks volente.

I see what you are saying but the Cello's sheild still interests me for the reason that many of my battles end up with my opponents hitting the same ship, then the Cello's sheild can activate multiple times.

Furthermore suppose these LE do not actually stack then it means Damonrick's Armor would only raise the buff once during the period it activates no matter how many more times the ship is hit where as Cello's sheild can take affect multiple times.
    Last edited by 0rca234; June 9th, 2017 at 21:59.

If the legendary equipment effects work like all the other buffs/debuffs in the game (which I think they do, though I agree it's difficult to tell), then they do not stack and furthermore if you already had an ATK reduction effect (Maggie's for instance) active on the opponent, it would be over-ridden.

The only effect I'm aware of that stacks is plundering, and the stacking does not "continue stacking" on consecutive turns. In other words if you had a plunder effect that lasts 2 turns (for instance Fitz's), and Fitz was able to use his special in consecutive turns he doesn't get "double plunder" for the second attack. He would replace the plunder effect from the first round with his attack in the second round.