Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Primus Fleets

Hybrid View

Modern Primus Fleets

Far back are the good old times when there existed only ONE primus fleet....

Thaddaeus, Emma, Flynn, Violette, FS. The latest fleet of that type I used made 220M damage per round (DPR).

Sure there have been some rare fleets with St. Nick or district-unique fleets with SS Carter or SS Arturis but besides that... nothing.

I remember when I got Flynn, finally, from Celestial Portal after hours of Quarks farming, it felt like achieving a life-time milestone.

Well the evolution of commanders affected Primus fleets, too. E. g. we saw the Cryptor Cabal/Alfred variants.

TS-4 Modules allowed to rely on dodging Primus and so I played Thaddaeus, Dor, Retrobot, Emma, FS for long. If the Bot dodged Primus that was like another lock. This fleet made reliably 350M - 400M DPR with up to 800M DPR on rare occasions of multiple Bot dodges.

The next stage came with Ursa. With high block on Cryptor those fleets (incl. Flynn/St. Nick, Thaddaeus/Emma) beat all previous types in terms of reliability and damage. A server mate who used this fleet first on my home world made 800M DPR short after he started to use Ursa.

But tap4fun did not stop here with Primus-capable commanders: Louise, Burglar Kate, Caroline.

Strangely with so many options there are fewer Primus informations in the public than in the past. Maybe the majority of players just sends a Primus Robot most of the times and especially on merged servers you are happy if you make a few shots on Primus and don't care for optimization.

Nevertheless I am interested in your current Primus fleets and forms and will share my currcent one, too.

I use Burglar Kate (1), St. Nick (2), Dor (4), Caroline (6), Ursa (9). (Underlined commanders in main formation, too). Depending on the number of dodges by Dor I make 1.7B - 2.5B DPR. (Dor has 99% dodge.)

Sharing commanders between Primus and PvP formations has the huge advantage that your Primus fleet improves permanently from Dark Aeros, Legendary Equipment and Augmenation.

So what Primus fleets are you using? How much DPR can you deal to Primus?
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    I use Burglar Kate (1), St. Nick (2), Dor (4), Caroline (6), Ursa (9). (Underlined commanders in main formation, too).
    for new players, the number in brackets are the formation position, with number (1) the position on top right hand side

added: Courtesy of Nachteule

Opponent / Primus
    ============

1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8 9

(So this is the firing order of the formation cells.)
    Last edited by Nopo; June 2nd, 2017 at 00:26. Reason: added: firing order and formation position number
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

I use frost jr, Aethos, Thaddaeus, St. Nick and FS. And i'm the top 2 dealer damage on my server

Hi Nachteule , very nice topic, indeed I didn't find any recommendation lately for Primus.
    I was kind of looking for a formation that I don't need to change to much, most of the time I use robot, so after I got Caroline , I use on Primus same comanders that I use in PvP in Arena, but different arrangement:

Louise (2), Caroline (3), SL (4), Raksha (8), FS (9), I do between 1.7B - 3.2B DPR, and this without enhancement at the beginning of Primus, yesterday I had the time to do the enhancement and I ended up with 75300B on lev 110 Primus, second and third place had around 30000B damage total.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Windking GL View Post
    Hi Nachteule , very nice topic, indeed I didn't find any recommendation lately for Primus.
    I was kind of looking for a formation that I don't need to change to much, most of the time I use robot, so after I got Caroline , I use on Primus same comanders that I use in PvP in Arena, but different arrangement:

Louise (2), Caroline (3), SL (4), Raksha (8), FS (9), I do between 1.7B - 3.2B DPR, and this without enhancement at the beginning of Primus, yesterday I had the time to do the enhancement and I ended up with 75300B on lev 110 Primus, second and third place had around 30000B damage total.
    Really interesting approach! I guess Louise occasionally dodges Primus thanks to Caro?
    Galactic Chairman
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Really interesting approach! I guess Louise occasionally dodges Primus thanks to Caro?
    Yes, she dodge Primus, but only after she is buffed by Caroline, and Raksha sometimes block Primus and don't die when his shield is on.
    I was very surprised about the result first time, because without Caro, I was doing just around 10B ( instead of Caro I had FD )
    wind's445
    world 1348 Android

DPR = Damage Per Round?

My primus formation :

Emma ACC120 FS ACC120 ---
    --- Violette ACC 75 ---
    --- Fitzgerald ACC120 Carter ACC145

If my FS lock the primus, it's an infiny combo till he doesn't. If he doesn't lock the primus during first round, I die on round 6.

I make 5-6 billion damage in total (primus lvl 83 if I remember good). When I have thadaeus I could make an infinity lock fleet for primus but I saw that sometimes even if emma or violette hite the primus without being blocked, the primus isn't lock...
    THE STAR +7 // Lucifer +5 // The surfer +7 // Angel of Death +3 // The pawn +5

Lt: The immortal +7

"I'm neither Sangoku nor Vegeta but I don't need a name to deafeat you"

My fleet for Primus which can take down the beast on my own (not the first time as low active players on my server):
    Cryptor (+6), Flagship (+8), St. Nick (+5), Caroline (+9) and Thaddaeus (+5).

My Primus is at lvl 110 (but only for a few days) and we kill it in 15-16min and I am dealing about 76-80B damage (total damage is about 85-90B to kill Primus on your own). What would work even better I think is to replace Cryptor with Louise (but don't have her).
    Last edited by JLeroux; June 1st, 2017 at 13:48.
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

Quote Originally Posted by JLeroux View Post
    My fleet for Primus which can take down the beast on my own (not the first time as low active players on my server):
    Cryptor (+6), Flagship (+8), St. Nick (+5), Caroline (+9) and Thaddaeus (+5).

My Primus is at lvl 110 (but only for a few days) and we kill it in 15-16min and I am dealing about 76-80B damage (total damage is about 85-90B to kill Primus on your own). What would work even better I think is to replace Cryptor with Louise (but don't have her).
    Johan, can you write the positions, too, please?
    Galactic Chairman

Johan, can you write the positions, too, please?
    You know I can but I don't know how you guys look at the positions. :-)
    This is how I do:
    1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8 9

1 Thaddaeus (fires last - lock)
    2 St. Nick (fires third)
    3 Cryptor (fires first)
    6 Flagship (normal) (fires second - might lock)
    8 Caroline (fires forth)
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].