Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flagship sacrifice strategy

Lightbulb Flagship sacrifice strategy

Hi all,

I want to talk and exchange about a strategy which is : Flagship (FS) sacrifice.

I'm talking about FS sacrifice that means you put the ships in the position that you know he will be one shoot killed by an attack you don't want to be taken by another ships. (It's not about FS first shoot strategy)

I use this strategy in Worm hole (WH) and Chaos Quasar (CQ).
    Sometimes I use it in Infinite Cosmos (IC) and Galaxy league (GL) when I have second shoot, it depends the ships I have to fight, for example a FS sacrifice for FD is a way to make him useless If you have a bit of luck in the position.

My FS is very weak since I don't work on him (I am only halfway through the first stage in MC lol), same things about lvl weapon and galactonites. That's also means, the other ships are much more stronger. For example at the moment my SL has 175M and my FS maybe 52M.

In the WH it's for me the best strategy especialy against a monometer like in the curent WH.
    In other types of battles in which we do not know the position of the enemy this strategy is more risky but it will work at least sometimes.
    Of course the best use of this strategy is to make the FS so that he will take a cross attack but you have to know the position so it's not an accurate strategy in GL for instance.

What about you guys? Do (did) you use(ed) this strategy?
    How it works for you?
    Do you think it's a winning strategy?
    THE STAR +7 // Lucifer +5 // The surfer +7 // Angel of Death +3 // The pawn +5

Lt: The immortal +7

"I'm neither Sangoku nor Vegeta but I don't need a name to deafeat you"

Well, I guess I'm the only one to use this strategy or no one care about this topic. What an affront!

I guess this is an idea, to focus your resources on all your other ships instead of the flagship while using it as a sacrifice.
    Perhaps you could buff up the def, s-def, and hp.

I do sometimes put the flagship in the way to purposefully take a hit like a cross attack but that's beacuse it might be my most powerful ship (most HP, def, etc). I noticed also that while the MC upgrades are more expensive on the flagship, the upgrades are greater i.e. more s-atk, more hp, more def.

Or you could just improve your ONLY permanent ship and play with 5 instead of 4 ships.
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

The usage of FS as meat shield is, perhaps, the most used approach in wormholes and Chaos Quasar. With the addition of MC, flagship can be turned into a real S5 class ship that is of real use in battles but the aerosiderite cost is really high. In last CCC there is at least one player having a well improved FS (i don't remember exactly his name but it could be firstert or something like this)
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

Yes.. Fristert has it up there in Kings. I almost lost my entire fleet to only his flagship twice now.
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Or you could just improve your ONLY permanent ship and play with 5 instead of 4 ships.
    I play with 5 ships, but only the purpose of one of them is to take a one shoot killing attack in WH and IC. So that the 4 other ships remain on the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Pliusomiot View Post
    The usage of FS as meat shield is, perhaps, the most used approach in wormholes and Chaos Quasar. With the addition of MC, flagship can be turned into a real S5 class ship that is of real use in battles but the aerosiderite cost is really high. In last CCC there is at least one player having a well improved FS (i don't remember exactly his name but it could be firstert or something like this)
    I agree for the new Dark FS. But with the basic FS and other S4 or S5 commanders, I think it's better to improve all ships but FS since they are more stronger and have better skills effects.

With what I could see, a very strong ships will alawys be stronger than 2 or 3 weak ships even an entire fleet...

I assume in pvp it might be different but the FS will alawys be the weakess ships even the Dark FS (since those who have him also have S5 or SS commanders)

One-Star Admiral
    First u have to give people time to comment

I have been using FS as meat shield since I started playing.
    It's a good strategy as it's the least powerful Cmdr

But now with so many flagship chips, if u are playing for long, u have to continually upgrade your FS (chips, cores, crystals & DA)

My FS is +6. MC is Sage, 1st half.
    I still used FS as MS but not in front.
    He's the last/2nd last to fire.

XX. CMDR CMDR
    XX CMDR CMDR
    FS. XX. XX

Or

XX XX CC
    XX CC CC
    FS XX CC

Hehe, we all do it, ... when we know oponent his OP as in WHs! So no point about talking abou it again, it comes naturally as you experience the battle mechanics, you must use this otherwise you loose your best ship... full stop.

Indeed as you go along FS must improve too, do not keep it too far behind!
    It is huge help if your FS can last one more round and take the fire away from your ships.
    I fully agree with LoLa, yo need to improve it.. I have not even finished 1st stage .. but FS you will never replace! so from that point of view FS is the best long term investment in the game (sure Krill+7 as well) ...
    I am not saying that you need to fristert n.2 but to keep the FS on the same par like your agumented ships +5 all or +6 of final stop for me +7.. is great and you do get some bonus, think about it..
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...