Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Empire Coloseum: Impressions, Rewards,..what do you think?

Hybrid View

Question Empire Coloseum: Impressions, Rewards,..what do you think?

First of all I have to say that (as Darre mentioned and I was not aware) feature/event was long time back proposed/wanted by players. So indeed lets give a credit to TAP for implementing this system to the game interface.
    I do like it, it test you strategy and some skill how to best arrange ships from the limited options one have and score most wins.

I also appreciate the timing it is in time window when I and probably most of the world can access the interface and spend 30-40mins thinking about setup and submit formation.

The battle review is also very nice feature, if you are interested how you did in detail.
    I know there are many bugs which I don’t want to talk about and even problems with rewards dispatch but I did not get the reward system principle yet…

We have 20 matches per session, so per day 40 maximum. If I understand the rewards, they are meant for the current day, labeled as wins ”today”. So depending on wins you scored per day at the end of the day you get up to 40wins. (my understanding) ..

Next day rewards are reset and you start from zero and again you can get maximum 40wins and corresponding rewards dispatched latest by the end of the day or manually collected from Coloseum rewards interface.

1. Did I get it right? (YES/ NO)
    2. Currently my experience with rewards was like this:

Rewards were dispatched after 1st session, then the most likely a reset was done on rewards so the 2nd (evening of the 1st day) and 3rd (morning of 2nd day) session were somehow accumulated on the reward screen and I could claim them from Coloseum interface. The 4th session was very confusing. I logged after all matches were finished, I have seen 18 wins (out of 20) .. but al rewards were inactive as I would never participated in 4th session. Looked into general rewards screen and nothing was there. I as online after reset and also 5 hours after the reset situation was the same.

10hrs after reset I checked general rewards screen as “Volente” mentioned on forum he got rewards but much lower as he would expect… the same situation happened. Found the rewards but have no idea how they calculated them … there were just like 12 fragments each and 40k energy in total … for 18wins or completing the 2nd half of reward system I would expect MUCH MORE …

Thx for your feedback
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Three-Star Admiral
    the rewards are all dorked up and made no sense. Experienced the same as you Frankie. only question I have is: are paints really used or a graphic glitch like Nopo suspects. well again we are the guinea pigs/testers for them. trying not to waste brain cells.

I think this is a really good thing to play for fun. Of course there is a little part of luck do to the first shoot and of course some Over powered commander like gold SS or red S5.

At the moment it's open but you can't submit a formation and no matchs are in progress. Maybe they are processing an update.
    About the different session I didn't get how it works...

I understand this a daily event and you get rewards each day. I also understand that the ranking are reset everyday?

Another thing about the battle: You have 3 formations meaning when you challenge an oponent the matchs will be :
    formation 1 player A against formation 1 player B if player A win then it's the current formation of player A against formation 2 player B etc etc... did i get it right?

The more important to discuss imo is the different strategy and tactics to use in order to maximize the chance to win.
    position, fleet, lt...
    THE STAR +7 // Lucifer +5 // The surfer +7 // Angel of Death +3 // The pawn +5

Lt: The immortal +7

"I'm neither Sangoku nor Vegeta but I don't need a name to deafeat you"

Quote Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
    I think this is a really good thing to play for fun. Of course there is a little part of luck do to the first shoot and of course some Over powered commander like gold SS or red S5.

At the moment it's open but you can't submit a formation and no matchs are in progress. Maybe they are processing an update.
    About the different session I didn't get how it works...

I understand this a daily event and you get rewards each day. I also understand that the ranking are reset everyday?

Another thing about the battle: You have 3 formations meaning when you challenge an oponent the matchs will be :
    formation 1 player A against formation 1 player B if player A win then it's the current formation of player A against formation 2 player B etc etc... did i get it right?

The more important to discuss imo is the different strategy and tactics to use in order to maximize the chance to win.
    position, fleet, lt...
    Yes, you got it right. The battle is like a fleet battle in the Wings of Edmonde.

After the 1st session, i put the most powerful on my first formation as it seems most other players do the same too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nev Bowman View Post
    I enjoyed playing around with commanders I can't use otherwise, and the free rewards were nice (even a bit much imo). But Sturdy seemed too overpowered from my experience. If you had Sturdy you could pretty much wipe most anyone else no matter who they had, as he usually took 2-3 out per round. Is he that brutal in the game otherwise?
    Never say rewards is too much, as long we all have an equal chance to it). First session was like almost perfect score but as the sessions progressed the mix was different.

Sturdy can still be countered if you disable him first ... anyway. I do now get a better appreciation of (Dark) Vela'rath with his/her/its lock

Quote Originally Posted by Lordul View Post
    I,m dissapointed because i didnt have good commanders to make my formation....i never have my dream team and most of times my 3th formation was a joke...
    Plus is not clear how exactly this work out.....many questions marks
    Yes, it was a mixed results. once i got 4 Darks - happy and did pretty well, other times i got lesser commanders and did less well

I enjoyed the Colosseum.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Major General
    There are some points that I want to mention.
    1. Commanders classes are mixed up
    2. Lieutenants don't work as they should.
    3. You never can understand you fires first in the first battle even if you have one SS and your opponent got none.
    4. Stats are completely unbalanced (probably due to maxed TS modules) - take strikers and destroyers and you win.
    5. Flagship skill doesn't work.
    6. Free stuff compensates all mentioned above. I am ok to get pandora fragments for free.

In general good T4F attempt to introduce new gameplay, it's like a handbook of all the commanders but battle with real people.

PS. I don't even try to understand how Perfect/Victory is calculated or how many battles I lost. Just enjoy the show there.
    volente.s177 | world1080 merged | android |

From my perspective, colosseum is a great addition to the game. It is really fun to try to assemble 3 formations from a given (and random) set of commanders.
    Sure enough, since it is a "beta" and we all are beta testers, there are quite few issues to be solved by devs before it will become fully operational and reliable (if ever). This includes all flaws mentioned above by volente. As for 1st strike, from all my battles i had time to review first strike was granted in accordance with aproximative speeds of the crew (when SS was present and opponent had only regular/dark ones the first shoot was on the correct side) - at least this was my experience.

I also hope that Colosseum will be open at least once a week (maybe at the same time with Pandora ?) - some useful and free stuff is always welcome, especially when it is so fun to fet it

I just hope that this minigame will remain "credit free" as we have seen it this time.

Frankie, WarCry - you got it right
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

Section Leader
    Ita one of the best events, you get rewards and enjoy good commanders, depends on your luck on randomizing.
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice

I enjoyed playing around with commanders I can't use otherwise, and the free rewards were nice (even a bit much imo). But Sturdy seemed too overpowered from my experience. If you had Sturdy you could pretty much wipe most anyone else no matter who they had, as he usually took 2-3 out per round. Is he that brutal in the game otherwise?

Often in the past the discussion arose how CCC would look like if all players would be given the same resources and commanders and only the tactical skills and a small portion of luck decides about the winner and not the wallet. Well, I think Colosseum comes very close to this ideal and that there are some bugs... would it fell like our Galaxy Legend if it were without bugs???

Another nice aspect is that is't for free and gives reasonable rewards. I really like it and only the time consumption is critical...
    Last edited by Nachteule; April 27th, 2017 at 21:39.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

I,m dissapointed because i didnt have good commanders to make my formation....i never have my dream team and most of times my 3th formation was a joke...
    Plus is not clear how exactly this work out.....many questions marks