Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Choice of a ship

  1. #1
    Colonel NarakuITA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    117

    Question Choice of a ship

    Excuse the bad English.
    Hi I would like to ask for information. I'm looking for a ship that provides discreet damage but that has support skills. What do you recommend?
    Fedor seems very interesting, but my group did not want me to take it. He advised me to take a ship that does damage; Caroline.
    I would be more interested in a ship that is damaging but it is also support. What do you recommend me? Fedor or Caroline or another ship?
    Ships I use now: Burglar Kate, Raksha, Okto, Brian and Fearsome Devil.

  2. #2
    Section Leader Nopo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently somewhere in South East Asia
    Posts
    2,569
    Welcome NarakulTA.

    There are many ways a commander can support a fleet.

    Fedor's support is in the refract shield that he puts on the other commanders that allows damage to be return to the shooter, which is your opponent.

    Caroline's support is to make your commander with the lowest HP (other than herself) to have high dodge, so that, that commander can dodge enemy attacks and not be damaged.

    Your fleet is quite good. And replacing Okto with either Fedor or Caroline, or any other commander that can do damage to your opponent can be considered a good choice.

    Bad thing about having Caroline and Brian in the same fleet is that both are rangers and you would need double the ranger chips to augment them up. If you choose Fedor, than you don't have this problem.

    Finally what level are you?

    Oh, you may want to check out the Commanders reviews at the Commander Handbookto see what are commanders advantage and disadvantage are. Just remember to see when the article was posted as the article is a snapshot of the situation at the time the article is written.

    Commander Focus #28 Caroline

    Oh, just noticed there is no commander focus article on Fedor
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

  3. #3
    Colonel NarakuITA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    117
    I really wanna keep Okto. Even though it is not a very strong ship, that little care has always made the difference. I'd rather change it with Tyke. But I do not know how to find her DNA.
    Having two commanders of the same type does not bother me.
    But I realize Caroline's power. But Fedor with his ability I saw he is capable of reflecting several damage. Sono indeciso su chi prendere....

    My level is 104.
    The problem is that Catherine, they all use it, that boredom .....
    Last edited by NarakuITA; November 3rd, 2017 at 08:58.

  4. #4
    Section Leader Nachteule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,626
    With Raksha Fedor does not use his full potential. Damage is reduced by Raksha's shield before it is reflected and the other commanders cannot reflect damage because they are hidden.

    The better support in your fleet would be granted by Caroline I think (in comparison to Fedor) because she will give Raksha her dodge boost most of the time. But Caroline has issues with Kate and Louise and both are quite frequent.

    Maybe Okto is not the worst ship at the moment as his special does not apply a positive buff - which can be removed by Galaxy Lord - but adds the HP directly. Nevertheless killing opposing ships is in most cases better than keeping the own fleet alive. You can also replace FD by Galaxy Lord. His own fleet support lies in his ability to remove positive buffs from opponent ships or just removing opponent ships from the battle field.

    Knous and Herbert are two other options that are very good investments, too, but still expensive.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

  5. #5
    Colonel NarakuITA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    With Raksha Fedor does not use his full potential. Damage is reduced by Raksha's shield before it is reflected and the other commanders cannot reflect damage because they are hidden.
    I'd say about Raksha, you're right, but I'm seeing that most people use ships with skills or officers that prevent Raksha from using his attack.
    In this case then Fedor would be correct to use it, since the fleet does not become invisible ..... ???
    Most people use skills that prevent TANK and the Destroyer from using their special skills. That's why I'm indecisive ....
    Last edited by NarakuITA; November 3rd, 2017 at 12:10.

  6. #6
    Colonel NarakuITA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    117
    Question, to make your fleet attack first, do you need to increase the speed of each ship? Or do you put the fastest ship in front of the other ships?

  7. #7
    Section Leader Nachteule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,626
    Higher fleet speed (sum of speed of all 5 ships in formation) decides who starts the battle.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

  8. #8
    Section Leader Nachteule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by NarakuITA View Post
    I'd say about Raksha, you're right, but I'm seeing that most people use ships with skills or officers that prevent Raksha from using his attack.
    In this case then Fedor would be correct to use it, since the fleet does not become invisible ..... ???
    Most people use skills that prevent TANK and the Destroyer from using their special skills. That's why I'm indecisive ....
    If you go second most of the time Raksha is not a very good choice. Commanders that can turn a battle if not knocked out at first shot like Rick are the best but expensive choice then. But Fedor is a solid option then, too, especially with Krill. I would not use Raksha at all then.

    If you go first with Raksha Fedor is not very useful. You want to block opposing Raksha with Kit and be safe from opposing specials and deal as much damage as you can before Raksha's protection is probably blocked. Ideally you have already taken out 1-2 commanders.

    In my opinion even Star Lord is more useful in current metagame than Fedor as he can break Accu refill chains. I don't see many Fedors in Galaxy League and they don't cause trouble normally.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

  9. #9
    Colonel NarakuITA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    If you go second most of the time Raksha is not a very good choice. Commanders that can turn a battle if not knocked out at first shot like Rick are the best but expensive choice then. But Fedor is a solid option then, too, especially with Krill. I would not use Raksha at all then.

    If you go first with Raksha Fedor is not very useful. You want to block opposing Raksha with Kit and be safe from opposing specials and deal as much damage as you can before Raksha's protection is probably blocked. Ideally you have already taken out 1-2 commanders.

    In my opinion even Star Lord is more useful in current metagame than Fedor as he can break Accu refill chains. I don't see many Fedors in Galaxy League and they don't cause trouble normally.
    Thanks a lot of information.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •