Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #21: Azrael

Galactic Chairman

Commander Focus #21: Azrael

Screenshot_20170529-212403.jpg

Hello, Commanders.

I believe this week handbook will be kind of simple and short, because when we talk about The Angel of Death we don't need too much to convince. Azrael is definitely a super strong commander. In most of situations, I believe, he is the best none cosmos commander to have in the fleet. Azrael can just turn all enemies commanders that he curses useless for 2, I said TWO, rounds. And this happens in 70% of the cases (don't even need augumentation to be this high), so it's a very high chance. To complete the pack of benefits he is a cross attacker and a rover, that can't be blocked by any lieutnants as Jackie or Volkof, for example. Although Azrael's special does not cause too much damage itself, it can remove half of all the cursed enemies attributes, includind: accumulator, anticritical, block, dodge, hp and anything you can think. This is just really overpower.

Let's put this in numbers: Imagine you're fighting against an enemy with 90% anticritical and one of your commanders has 75% critical. In this case you don't have any chance to make a critical attack, but you have the great assistance of Azrael that decreased the enemy's HP, DEF, SDEF and also the anticritical to 45%. It's just like if your commander had added 45% critical, and the best, not only him, but all your commanders that will fire against the cursed enemy.

I believe that my handbook about Retrobot can be applied here in a big part, as they are similar about the cross damage and big potential to disable enemies, but here we have an improved commander in this area.

Beyond all this potential he as rover can also get +100 speed if you use Viollet as Lieutnant and 5% HP and the invisibility ability if you're using Zaffrey (both +4).

I believe the biggest disadvantage about Azrael is his hit rate. His hit rate can be considered only normal for the path we have now a days where a lot of commanders have over 70% chance in this attribute. Obviously as rover he benefits of extra hit rate in the TS module, but he still will not have a very high attribute, so this may be a problem in some battles.

Another problem I normally face when using Azrael is that he uses to be in a very important part of the strategy, so when his 70% chance to curse is not enough there is a really big chance that your own strategy will be easily destroyed and the outcome of the battle is definitely not good.

And you, already have Azrael? Are you waiting him to be on sale again to buy him? Are you having trouble against him? Come and bring your insights.

See you in the Galaxy.
    Last edited by Anakin; May 30th, 2017 at 00:43.
    Galactic Chairman

Thanks for the review!
    Some claim that his special has been nerfed and don't activate at 70% like it did initially. Have you noticed any change?

One-Star Admiral
    His special isn't nerf BUT ... it has 70% to activate on each individual stat, that's something many overlook or don't know.
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

His special activation is about 70%, i regularly face my arena mates and since I have position 7, 8, & 9 with commanders, often 2 out of 3 will get weakened by Azrael - which works out to be about 70%
    Last edited by Nopo; December 7th, 2016 at 02:42. Reason: added in position to make sentence clearer
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

I don't know if it's really 70%, but he activates a lot less than when he first appeared. Just like Damonrick Armor, that activated all the time when they released it, and now I don't even remember in which ships I put them as they never activate
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

BTW Azrael is coming this weak. Most probably on monopoly again
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Hernan D View Post
    Monopoly.... No thanks!

I'll pass (go) on that
    time's up.

i'll pass too and will wait for chest... maybe tap bring him in chest on january
    Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    i'll pass too and will wait for chest... maybe tap bring him in chest on january
    This is what I'm thinking as well. Chest event in January.