Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stratus or Dor?

Hybrid View

Brigadier

Stratus or Dor?

I have the following and have the hero 2 package from the last event that you can choose Maggie, Stratus, or Dor:

FD +6 (Kit+4)
    Alfred +5 (Elsa +4)
    Geoffrey +7 (Krill +7)
    Armoray +6 (Paccar +2)
    FS +4 (Mileena +2)

I was going to replace Armoray with Stratus +5/+6 but Dor caught my eye. Stratus is easier to upgrade due to the chips I get from Armoray, so Dor won't exactly get bumped that high, maybe +3. FYI, my force is 609m. Any advice? I think my next commander is a long wait for a red commander, but I might get Ursa if he is as cheap as he was last time (unless you guys think Ursa is no longer viable).

Stratus without any questions. he scares me a lot more than Dor in galaxy league. Beside you can have both for free so I wouldn't spend a single credit for Dor.

Ursa is still very powerfull even when I shoot first I can still loose the game if Ursa starts ping pong... Frister the CCC champion in January of February had Ursa.
    I think stratus and Ursa are almost at the same lvl but it depends on your fleet and stuff like Ts moduls or Galactonite.
    THE STAR +7 // Lucifer +5 // The surfer +7 // Angel of Death +3 // The pawn +5

Lt: The immortal +7

"I'm neither Sangoku nor Vegeta but I don't need a name to deafeat you"

I would also vote for Stratus, even I call him GranPa ...he si still good second class striker after Strudy/Fitz ...
    the lock is very good support function.. just let him strike 1st..
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

One-Star Admiral
    Yes take Stratus. You got Paccar too that's a great Combo. I use them both^^
    Draconic s.334 - World 1237 - Android
    Fleet: Raksha+8,FD+7,Azrael+8,Ursa+8,FS+7
    Leut: Krill+7,Jackie+1,Kit+4,Elsa+4,Violette+4

KAOS s.332 - World 1235 - Android
    Fleet: Star Lord+8,Dor+7,Stratus+7,Aquos+8,FS+7
    Leut: Krill+7,Kit+4,Paccar+7,Zaffrey+4,Dingo+4

Brigadier
    Yeah, I ended up going with Stratus simply because I can reuse Armoray's chips and galactonite. Most of my galactonite is R6 with everyone having 2 dual R6.

That's what's difficult with my fleet. I gravitate in placing FD first so that he can use Kit to disable the protector. But I'll give Stratus a shot as #1 and see how he works out. I have him and Alfred at +5 but I do have enough cores to get both to +6 but FD is 8 chips away from +7, so I'm swayed to getting him to +7 first. Unless you all think +6 on Alfred and Stratus would be better.

So I had my fleet like this:

--- FD ---
    Geoffrey --- Stratus
    --- FS Alfred

It worked well unless Ursa is involved, then it's game over. SL is also a foregone loss. What I'm thinking of doing is:

Geoffrey Stratus ---
    Alfred --- FS
    FD --- ---

Where to put FD what Stratus shoots first seems to be the issue. He has Kit since I don't have Jackie yet. Stratus has Paccar +2 and FS has Mileena +2, Alfred has Elsa +4 and Geoffrey has Krill +7. I found unless I have Acc'tan+4 on Geoffrey, Krill+7 on Alfred is a waste. Alfred never seems to take more than 2 hits whereas Geoffrey can and can survive with less than 40% health much better than Alfred. And there's the stupid luck my opponent has with his placement.

One-Star Admiral
    First to Fire, Last Cell Locked
    Stratus(Krill) ------ -------
    ----------- ------- FD(Kit)
    Alfred. FS. GEO
    OFFENSIVE MODE

First to Fire, Last Cell unlocked
    ----------- -------- Stratus
    ----------- FD. Alfred
    FS. Geo
    OFFENSIVE MODE

2nd to Fire, Last Cell Locked
    ----- Stratus ------
    FD
    Geo. Alfred. FS

having Stratus fire first gives u a chance to lock.
    If u r lucky, FD, Geo won't be needed.

just btw have you seen the come back of Dor in CCC? Kartmann and Fristert are using him!!!
    Well very nice to see this 4 generation older commander comming back... I love it...
    they realized mose likely they need to Crit in order to kill with latest HP upgrade .. haha ...

so I bet .. tap will come with abother buffing commander SOOON so the top dogg can kill each other faster
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    just btw have you seen the come back of Dor in CCC? Kartmann and Fristert are using him!!!
    Well very nice to see this 4 generation older commander comming back... I love it...
    they realized mose likely they need to Crit in order to kill with latest HP upgrade .. haha ...

so I bet .. tap will come with abother buffing commander SOOON so the top dogg can kill each other faster
    it depend, if you have monohitter of multi-hitter, dor more help if you have multi and less mono ..... , if my choice in galaxy legue is formation with startus and i will avoid formation with dor
    VIP 6, and now i stop donate this circus
    "HOPE YOU CAN UDERSTAND" - its funny

Major General
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Not sure about their need to crit they primarily want to hit targets buffed by Caroline and that is where Dor helps.
    I finally replaced Dor with Caroline and recruited Stratus (put Dark kerom on the bench) and quite happy about my formation now. Cross attack with block for 1 round is something I can't resist.
    volente.s177 | world1080 merged | android |

Brigadier
    Having tried a few things with the above fleet recommendations, Stratus is a mixed bag. His locking is ok, not great because I'm getting a bad luck of the draw in GL since he locks the back row and nobody can touch that row until lock wears off. Then I always seem to get Geoffrey parked right in front of FD and ends up blocking him so that takes FD out of the battle. Then I saw an opposing Alfred own my Stratus and then proceeded to own the rest of my fleet starting with my Alfred, then my FS, then took out FD and then my Geoffrey. How in the world did he do that with half the force I have? All my cmdrs have at least lvl 7 galas with each using 2 or 3 dual r6 lvl7 & 8. My FS is almost all cabin outside of the last one and everyone else has at least all of the warrior cabin. Interference is all lvl 100 and all equip is at lvl 100 fully upgraded. Crazy game.

Oh yeah Ursa is staring at me in the event panel saying take me I'm better than Alfred:P