Thread: Went ahead and got FD

Brigadier

Went ahead and got FD

I know, I know. I should wait until I have enough credits for the eventual red destroyer but 30K for FD seems to be a good price point right now and I feel I don't even compete. I need advice for a Lt for him that isn't Jackie since I don't have him at the moment. So here is what I have currently:

FD +5 - Kit +4
    Armoray +6 - Paccar +2
    Geoffrey +7 - Krill +7
    FS +4 - Mileena +4
    Alfred +5 - Elsa +4

Any thoughts? I replaced Incendos with FD because he wasn't cutting it - most of the time I didn't even last a round. I have the entire 1st tab of the cabin completed for all commanders and the 1st tier of the 2nd tab on just my FS. Mostly R6 galactonite with 6 r5 left to replace. Without FD in the mix yet, I have 510m force. I think I have 4 ts-3 and 2 ts-2. Oh the last event did give me SS Artorus but I kicked him to the curb since all he does is lock. Would be good in Primus, but not anything else but with FD, maybe but who would I even think of replacing?

There are still many FD's around so playing without Jackie might be troublesome. But as many players don't let FD shot first anymore this is probably one way to make use of the situation: Equip FD with Kit (as you already did) and let him shot first.

You could rethink of Arturis as tool to lock opposing FD (instead of Geoffrey because there are many Kits around). Against Raksha fleets I sometimes use Trickster [+4] hoping for a surprising uncovering strike.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

One-Star Admiral
    Hi, how much for 1 DNA for FD?

Too much for cheap players like me. I decided to try with what I had saved, and got 1 dna on the 10th chest. Not bad, so I bought some credits to get the 2nd. Well, those credits ran out on the 12th chest and no DNA. So, rather than waste all that money I bought again and got the 2nd on the 16th chest. I would have been much better off saving all that money up for someone like starlord.

Brigadier
    Not bad if you got your first on the 10th chest. Altogether I spent 31k on FD. That was 15 chests on 1st chip and 10 or so on the 2nd chip. I'm not complaining since he has made it a bit more fun, but I know I need one more really good commander to see myself in the top half of the arena just on my server. I know people want server merges but I really wish they would split ours up because one lvl 11 alliance owns the Top 20 in arena with their leader getting 600 credits for free every day since Day 1. Now I know where they are getting all the best gear from. He isn't a big spender either and just hit 2B force the other day.

Brigadier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    There are still many FD's around so playing without Jackie might be troublesome. But as many players don't let FD shot first anymore this is probably one way to make use of the situation: Equip FD with Kit (as you already did) and let him shot first.

You could rethink of Arturis as tool to lock opposing FD (instead of Geoffrey because there are many Kits around). Against Raksha fleets I sometimes use Trickster [+4] hoping for a surprising uncovering strike.
    I have Arturis at +3 but it'll take some time getting him up to +5 or +6 since I just used everything I had to get Krill to +7. I still want to work on Acctan to +4 and someday getting Jackie. I really like Ursa to complement FD, but I need to wait until Arturis is a bit stronger before using him. Or do you think +3 is enough? I hate to bring him out only to lock once and then he dies. At least Geoffrey is defensive enough to survive 5 or so rounds even if the enemy has Kit.

So my goal is continue to work on getting FD to +7, Arturis to +5/+6, Acctan to +4, and Alfred to +6. Maybe in all that I can pick up Ursa or 1 chip of a red commander.