Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie questions

Reached lvl 91, so got some more questions. Currently sitting on 38 mio power.

What does the explore button do in Forest of Stellar Territory?
    I can't seem to locate any mention of it in the ingame help.

How can I see the strength of other players in Forest of Stellar Territory?
    Everyone shows up as unknown, but it seems like other players are able to tell if they can beat me (or I just suck so bad that whenever they try, they win).

Some players seem to be getting more than a full hour of benefit from Forest of Stellar Territory, what gives?

Dark Aerosiderite, how should I spend this best?
    For now I've focused on building up my Flagship, mainly because I only have a single S3 commander so far, seems like a waste to start building them up, if they are just going to be benched later on. I'm hoping I'll hit the jackpot with the SS-portal in a few days, and then I'll start working on whomever I get instead.

How many credits do I need to purchase to get to VIP2 and VIP5?
    I found an outdated page on wikia, but since my game tells me VIP1 is 120 credits and the wikia page tells me it's 600, I'm having a hard time finding it credible as a source of information

Do first time credit purchase bonuses count towards VIP levels?
    If I purchase 600 credits, I'll receive 1200 credits. Will I then have gotten 600 or 1200 credits counting towards my VIP rank?

How do monthcard purchases interact with VIP levels?
    Do they count at all, or over time, or??

As always, thanks for your answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Schouw View Post
    Reached lvl 91, so got some more questions. Currently sitting on 38 mio power.

What does the explore button do in Forest of Stellar Territory?
    I can't seem to locate any mention of it in the ingame help.

How can I see the strength of other players in Forest of Stellar Territory?
    Everyone shows up as unknown, but it seems like other players are able to tell if they can beat me (or I just suck so bad that whenever they try, they win).

Some players seem to be getting more than a full hour of benefit from Forest of Stellar Territory, what gives?

Dark Aerosiderite, how should I spend this best?
    For now I've focused on building up my Flagship, mainly because I only have a single S3 commander so far, seems like a waste to start building them up, if they are just going to be benched later on. I'm hoping I'll hit the jackpot with the SS-portal in a few days, and then I'll start working on whomever I get instead.

How many credits do I need to purchase to get to VIP2 and VIP5?
    I found an outdated page on wikia, but since my game tells me VIP1 is 120 credits and the wikia page tells me it's 600, I'm having a hard time finding it credible as a source of information

Do first time credit purchase bonuses count towards VIP levels?
    If I purchase 600 credits, I'll receive 1200 credits. Will I then have gotten 600 or 1200 credits counting towards my VIP rank?

How do monthcard purchases interact with VIP levels?
    Do they count at all, or over time, or??

As always, thanks for your answers
    1) changes the planets you are looking at
    2) You can't. They either know something about their fleet, or make guesses about yours
    3) They have some Battle Income that was earned by either a) defending their planet from an invader; or b) betting that they could win if they invaded that planet
    4) Warrior tier on everyone at minimum. Sage for commanders you will have for 6mo or longer. Kings for 1 yr or longer
    5) Buy a cumulative 15k credits, and you reach VIP 5. Using VIPx3 events, this can be done more cheaply.
    6) You only get VIP experience for the credits you purchase, multiplied by the current global VIP experience modifier. This modifier is 1, unless there is an on-going VIPx3 event, in which case it is 3. Freely given credits - be it bonus or month card - do not give you any VIP experience.
    7) Cards are a purchased credits tier, with several days of free credits following. You get the amount of VIP experience commensurate with the price of the package, were it spent on only credits. So Bronze Card is $5, and gives $5 worth of VIP experience - 600.
    time's up.

Quote Originally Posted by z3nithor View Post
    5) Buy a cumulative 15k credits, and you reach VIP 5. Using VIPx3 events, this can be done more cheaply.
    6) You only get VIP experience for the credits you purchase, multiplied by the current global VIP experience modifier. This modifier is 1, unless there is an on-going VIPx3 event, in which case it is 3. Freely given credits - be it bonus or month card - do not give you any VIP experience.
    7) Cards are a purchased credits tier, with several days of free credits following. You get the amount of VIP experience commensurate with the price of the package, were it spent on only credits. So Bronze Card is $5, and gives $5 worth of VIP experience - 600.
    Thanks for the answers, got a few follow up questions then:
    1. How much for reaching VIP2?
    2. How often do the VIPx3 events happen?
    3. And completely unrelated, I'm noticing that most people at my level have much higher power than me. Is there any reason not to go up in levels and instead only focus on gaining more power from sources that don't expend your regular supply?