Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question: Raksha effective against Galaxy Lord?

Question: Raksha effective against Galaxy Lord?

I am facing more and more defeats in Galaxy Legend due to my opponents having Galaxy Lord which can take out several of my ships with a single shot. While my fleet at lvl 109 isn't that bad (as Nopo said before I don't gave an average fleet) it seems to be less and less effective. First I never really fell for Raksha as while he did give me some trouble the first weeks it became easier to take him down, but now with Galaxy Lord it seems the magical solution against his Critical is not yet found. At first I was doing okay but it seems now many are increasing him and becoming a pain to take down.

I was thinking that Raksha might be an option as I can typically fire first when compared to other lvl 109 players but what do you guys think? Yes I got Raksha during last non-repeatable portal event (4th anniv), not what I wanted to get hence why Raksha is sitting on the bench. What is your most effective measure against Galaxy Lord? I figure I can undo Cynthia or Louise... (no I don't have Brian).
    Last edited by JLeroux; September 11th, 2017 at 09:58.
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

The ugly thing about Galaxy Lord (GL) is that he first debuffs and then it is determined if he hits. E. g. when Caro's dodge buff is removed at any case GL will most likely always hit her, when hits/misses are determined. Also Louise shields do not help for the same reason. At the time damage is applied the shields are gone for long. Same for Raksha's 70% damage reduction.

So no buff from another commander helps against GL. Raksha can help to neutralize GL but as he loses his Stardust shield Galaxy Lord makes him quite vulnerable. But he is useful against GL, I think. As the stealth effect is located at the other ships a hit on Raksha does not make the other ships visible.

At 109 without 3rd Reshape tab I think Raksha can buy you one round then better kill GL. SL can buy you another round if he fires after GL.

I use the combination of Raksha, Kate, Dor with Knous, Azrael, Caro to kill faster than opponents but if I can I avoid Galaxy Lord I do so. (Fleets like mine that rely on own buffs to use synergies suffer a lot from Galaxy Lord.)

The main reason to bet on Raksha has been the comeback of Knous as lt. So he helps against two worrysome matchups. But finally an own Galaxy Lord will be the best solution I think.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Against Galaxy Lord in Galaxy League ... It comes down who shoots first. And right now in cases where I shoot first I have to endure Caroline kills Galaxy Lord first or Lt. Knous (on Caroline) deaccumulate or lock Galaxy Lord - for follow up volley from next best commander.

In cases where I shoot second Raksha in the other side is usually the sacrifice. If he is not dead. Krill on Raksha will revive him as good as new.

With 2 weeks of players owning Galaxy Lord, more and more of them are highly augmented up as your have observed and his special can now start killing Raksha as well as 2 of my commanders. Ouch. Game over for me.

I have found that as Nachteule observe Raksha is better suited to counter Knous as LT.

Are your opponents in the league the same usual players?
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Yes Nachteule and Nope, I always need to be smart and when I hit first my Caroline (with Knous) has to hit Galaxy Lord and take him out or neutralize him. That so far has been my strategy, somehow I feel like the antidote to Galaxy Lord will come in a next commander? Yes, the opponents are the usual who went for GL and who I could take down easily before without much thinking now I need to keep in mind their formation if they haven't changed the GL position. :-)
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

Yes. Doing the same thing too. Fortunately it is mostly static formation.

And that's Tap's strategy to sell commanders. Introduce an overpowered commander and then introduce new ones to counter that first one.
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/

Major General
    On my server there is GL, and i beat him yestarday thanks to Raksha with krill+7, but then again that player is lvl 106 i'm 110. And he 1 shot any ships still. I'm not super duper player. 2.5B force is meh at 110.

What if we reduce crit galactonites ? Would that be a viable defence against Galaxy Lord as his killing power is from plundering crits right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    What if we reduce crit galactonites ? Would that be a viable defence against Galaxy Lord as his killing power is from plundering crits right?
    That is what I thought as well, get rid of all Critical galactonite in defence of Galaxy Lord that why less to plunder and as such less overpowered killing shot. But then again when GL is taken down we will have it harder to take down the other commanders...
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110

Quote Originally Posted by JLeroux View Post
    That is what I thought as well, get rid of all Critical galactonite in defence of Galaxy Lord that why less to plunder and as such less overpowered killing shot. But then again when GL is taken down we will have it harder to take down the other commanders...
    That's tough, it could be a long drawn affair without crits.

Secondary effect (extra damage/true damage/plunder health/negative effects like weaken, lock/etc) would play a greater part to killing without crits

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JLeroux View Post
    I am facing more and more defeats in Galaxy Legend due to my opponents having Galaxy Lord which can take out several of my ships with a single shot. While my fleet at lvl 109 isn't that bad (as Nopo said before I don't gave an average fleet) it seems to be less and less effective. First I never really fell for Raksha as while he did give me some trouble the first weeks it became easier to take him down, but now with Galaxy Lord it seems the magical solution against his Critical is not yet found. At first I was doing okay but it seems now many are increasing him and becoming a pain to take down.

I was thinking that Raksha might be an option as I can typically fire first when compared to other lvl 109 players but what do you guys think? Yes I got Raksha during last non-repeatable portal event (4th anniv), not what I wanted to get hence why Raksha is sitting on the bench. What is your most effective measure against Galaxy Lord? I figure I can undo Cynthia or Louise... (no I don't have Brian).
    As you are lv 109 there are no antidote for 110 lv Galaxy lord due to low hp-point. It will wipe out your commander even without critical shot if is well updated
    Galaxy Lord lv 12 full on mainover cabin (there are one on my server) is wiping out 2-3 of my commander in first shot (I shoot second) Raksa +12 full mainover cabin and kate +12 - full mainover cabin can withstand a non critical shot .
    Raksa will help if you shoot first with Raksa and hope to survive all Satk in first round. Krill will repair him for second round. A destroyer in your formation will help to disable galaxy lord if Raksa die in first round

Where do you encounter lv109 player ?
    On arena I assume you have first place without contender.
    in Galaxy League are very few lv109 player in top 200
    in pandora is a must have and is very hard to win against him on event time - first shot is importantant only 2 battle and if you shot first and Galaxy lord will survive ...... you are wiped out
    This commander is well designed for pandora .... is a monster there.
    The best way to encounter him is to shoot first with a destroyer 100% accumulator recover
    Last edited by Ender Wiggin; September 13th, 2017 at 09:35.