Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Azrael augmentation

Azrael augmentation

Hello !
    I have managed to save enough Cores to augment to a +7 level.
    I would like to know if it is worth augmenting Azrael to +7 ?
    Or should I use them for another commander, because I would like to buy a new ranger in order to replace Cabal ?
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by ckazoo; March 20th, 2017 at 06:27.

somewhere in planet Earth but relatively near the sun
    he is good at +7
    which commander(ranger) will you get to replace cabal?
    World 635~645(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Flagship[+8], Frog[+8], Devil [+8], Azrael [+8], Fitz [+8]

Indecisiveness is a crime

Quote Originally Posted by moxes98 View Post
    he is good at +7
    which commander(ranger) will you get to replace cabal?
    I was thinking about Ursa or Star Lord.

Do you have sufficient credits to get a new commander soon? How fast would you be able to collect another 60 Pandora Power Cores to augment your new commander?

I think Azrael is the 2017 Alfred in terms of 2 turns time bomb. Because Azrael if the special hits and activates, your opponent really have to have quite a lot of HP and good commanders in order to survive your Azrael's 2 turn being weaken (not doing anything but get hit and damaged).

Is your Azrael currently able to survive long enough to shoot special a 2nd time?

Who else do you have in your fleet ckazoo?

As for replacement, I don't have Star Lord but I think Star Lord is easier to use in terms of formation and augmentation level.

Ursa needs more thought in terms of planning formation and should be augmented to level +7 to make a difference (I have Ursa, and there is a big difference between Ursa +5, +6 & +7, in terms of surviving long enough to get his ping pong action to win the battle)

ps do you have Krill +7, it goes quite well with Azrael. I keep my Anatoli at +5 (even though i more than enough chips and cores to make it +7) and pair up with Krill +7 to give him a revive after getting damaged in round 1.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Thank you for the reply Nopo.
    I don't have such a strong fleet because I didn't buy any credits and I don't plan to buy in the near future also.
    My formation is Azrael, Stratus, Incendos and Cabal. Because Cabal is the weakest in my formation and I have managed to save approximately 60k credits I was thinking to replace him with another ranger.
    Collecting another 60 Cores would take some time and I am not sure if it is a good ideea to use them on Azrael or to wait another week when I will probably buy a replacement for Cabal.
    Last edited by ckazoo; March 20th, 2017 at 06:26.

Major General
    I made him +7 with no regrets and he is even +8 now, equipped with Ivanovks helmet II he is able to survive a lot.
    In your case not sure that you should make him +7 because it is more important to replace cabal with a powerful +7 ranger.
    Azrael does his job good at +6 and (un)fortunately there is no chance increase with higher augmentation level.
    volente.s177 | world1080 merged | android |

A strong Azrael is a very useful commander. Not only PvP but also in the various Wormholes. His strength comes mainly from his special, which is the same at any augmentation level.

Therefore I recommend to follow Nopo's check list:
    - Do you own Krill? Krill [+7] is an all-time useful invest. This should be the very first +7.
    - Do you own augmentation class commanders - yes, with Stratus you do - and do you intend to keep them for a longer period? They give a higher benefit for +7 probably.

Ursa is a very strong and funny commander and paired with Cryptor great for Primus. Additionally he had a reasonable price tag in last two events (worst case of approx. 40k Credits).
    Last edited by Nachteule; March 20th, 2017 at 09:54.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Quote Originally Posted by ckazoo View Post
    Thank you for the reply Nopo.
    I don't have such a strong fleet because I didn't buy any credits and I don't plan to buy in the near future also.
    My formation is Azrael, Stratus, Incendos and Cabal. Because Cabal is the weakest in my formation and I have managed to save approximately 60k credits I was thinking to replace him with another ranger.
    Collecting another 60 Cores would take some time and I am not sure if it is a good ideea to use them on Azrael or to wait another week when I will probably buy a replacement for Cabal.
    A pretty good fleet ckazoo. I presume the order listed is the order of shooting

Azrael and Stratus is a good combination that can be placed on the left and right side to neutralise commanders on the left and side. Incendos is there to mop the opponent that's left. Or both place in the same side to wipe out any one

And yes, from the fleet Cabal is the weakest. Incendos is still a good destroyer, even in this days of Fearsome Devil.

1) As for price, Ursa, had the worst case of 39,152 credits for 2 DNA while Star Lord has worse case of 65,192 credits for 2 DNA. Don't think the price will change much

Perhaps you can read Star Lord Commander Focus and the Frankie's Ursa Commander Focus & Anakin's Ursa Commander Focus

2) My opinion is Star Lord is a more attacking style commander that bites back with his reflect on himself and friendlies. While playing Ursa, usually means a more defensive style that bites back after getting in super ping pong mode (if you can get into that mode, which may not happen due to opponent's Azrael, Stratus, Star Lord).

Between the 2, if I had Star Lord, It will offer me more flexibility in placing my commanders, now with Ursa, i have to hide him at the back to protect and hope that my friendly commanders die after round 2, so that Ursa can be a one hit killer (most of the time, doesn't one hit kill on Raksha, Louise & Star Lord, with their special's still active)

3) Star Lord, with his 100% reflect is a great Ursa killer, because when Ursa's special shoot to kill, that 100% reflect goes back and kill Ursa (which has happened many times to me).

Still the reason to get Star Lord or Ursa also depends on your comparable opponents. I had quite a good experience with Ursa because my opponents in the league didn't have Star Lord, but after last week's Star Lord's event, there are more of them and it has made me loose what i would previously win.

4) Also if the price is the similar, and you have 60K credits, IF you get Ursa, you should have another 20K credits, while if you get Star Lord, unless you are lucky, you most probably would have little credits left.

By the way, since the last price for Star Lord is 65K, I am sure, you will save enough for worse case (check for news) before getting Star Lord.

5) Azrael, at +5 or +6, would still do a pretty good job as long as he can shoot his special in the first round. He is like Alfred in 2016, once the special is shot, he can actually die and still win the battle for you, since his special does not depend on augmentation level
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Thank you again Nopo for this very good explanation.

Regarding the order of shooting that is not actually it. I first shoot with Incendos, FS, Azrael, Cabal and the last one is Stratus, but now you gave a good ideea to switch them. Also I want to mention that I am low on speed and in the majority of the cases I shoot second.

Regarding the prices of Ursa and Star Lord, I know that Ursa is cheaper and I would like to buy him because I can still have at least 20k credits after that.
    But also Nachteule gave me the idea to try to buy Krill, witch will probably be around 20K, and make him to +7 and pair him with Ursa or even Azrael.

Very difficult decision )
    Anyway I will probably wait for now and don't upgrade Azrael to +7.

Thank's for the replys guys. Hope I will make the righ decision.

Three-Star Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by ckazoo View Post
    Thank you again Nopo for this very good explanation.

Regarding the order of shooting that is not actually it. I first shoot with Incendos, FS, Azrael, Cabal and the last one is Stratus, but now you gave a good ideea to switch them. Also I want to mention that I am low on speed and in the majority of the cases I shoot second.

Regarding the prices of Ursa and Star Lord, I know that Ursa is cheaper and I would like to buy him because I can still have at least 20k credits after that.
    But also Nachteule gave me the idea to try to buy Krill, witch will probably be around 20K, and make him to +7 and pair him with Ursa or even Azrael.

Very difficult decision )
    Anyway I will probably wait for now and don't upgrade Azrael to +7.

Thank's for the replys guys. Hope I will make the righ decision.
    in that case buy krill, +7 him and put it on Azrael. then work your way up again to get eg. ursa and +7 him straightaway. make sure you save lots of DA for that commander as well. you will not regret it.