Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #25: Raksha

Galactic Chairman

Commander Focus #25: Raksha

Screenshot_20170529-212055.jpg

Hello, Commanders.

Last month tap released the first red Protector: Raksha. As soon as I notice he looks like an Asian I knew who would be incredible. lol. Raksha has a very powerful special that can hide allies in invisibility and give to himself a protective shield that reduces 70% if the received damage. That's really powerful!!!

A way to analyze Raksha is to remember about his two predecessors: Akhnator and Moracle.

When Akhnator was release he was used by most of top players. His ability to make all allies invisible was used to avoid mult-hitters that could hurt your fleet. He used to have also a tremendous HP for that period of the game and could resist a lot o damage. Akhnator was put in garage most because the game received a lot of commanders that could kill him easily, so his invisibility was too soon removed. His attack ability is also very low and with a very weak vertical attack he normally only overcharges the enemies and sometimes give them a 100k hp shield (big in the time he was released). Althoug, even being old, we could sometimes see Akhnator being used tactically, specialty to counter enemies like Azrael, that normaly is a pain with the curse, but couldn't kill Akh.

The other commander to take a look is Moracle. This SS commander made Vainqueur be the strongest player in Android for some months. With the ability to give all allies and self a 70% reduction damage shield Moracle could make all his allies be a big tank. Considering a commander with 7Mi HP (not rare with the new Reshape), an enemy would need to cause over 23Mi damage to kill a protected commander. Although, specialty with the release of Azrael, Moracle alone was not being so crazy as before and I'm sure of it, because I also have acess to Vainqueur and could prove it by myself.

Raksha united the best of the two commanders. He gives invisibility to all his allies and with the reduction damage shield he can withstand a lot of attacks, as from: Stratus, FD, Azrael, Fitzgerald, Star Lord and others. Even if the other allies doesn't receive the shield that are cloaked and, in most of the cases, are even safer than with only the shield, as long as your Raksha is strong enough (he normally is) to survive first round.

The problem with Raksha is that if you are slower the enemy can use Kit as Lieutenant, what gives him 80% chance to lock your special for one round, if his main commander with Kit has at least 80 acc. This is a big an easy to use counter to Raksha, so, again, speed has too much importance in the game. Although, at least for me, this was not a so big problem to make me not buy Raksha.

Another Lieutenant that can be a problem to Raksha is Trickster. If you have a destroyer with tricker he can reveal invisible enemies in front of him, although, a detail most of people doesn't know, it's necessary that there is at least on visible enemy in that line, or he won't be able to reveal anyone.

In my experience Raksha made me win against a lot of enemies that were lately causing me trouble. When I'm faster it's very rare that I lose the battle, except when I have a bad luck or the enemy is crazily Strong as, for example, sclipci. Even when I'm slower and the enemy doesn't use Raksha I'm having much better results, as he gives me more tactical options. You will be able to see an example in the video when I fight EricKartman. Before Raksha I needed to sacrifice two of my commander to start from the middle against his most common formation with Bard in the right side, Although using Raksha I need to sacrifice only my Flag and I have more chances to win. I normally lose :P, but now at least I win sometimes.

In last CCC fristert (played by me ) and Genesis (the Korean with SS commander Raiser) showed the world how powerfull Raksha is, so I believe you have a great example about that.

Well, I decided to invest on him and I have no regrets. What about you? Are you saving for Raksha? How do you fell about investing so much credits on a commander that can be blocked by a Lieutenant? Is Raksha giving you a hard time as enemy? Let's discuss about this tank commander.

See you in the Galaxy.
    Last edited by Anakin; May 30th, 2017 at 00:36.
    Galactic Chairman

Brigadier
    Kit is the killer of all protectors. I would love to get this guy, but don't want my brand new commander to be so simply shut down by a year old leutient. So unfortunately will have to pass.
    ben42.s814 world 772 (Android)

Three-Star Admiral
    as mentioned, speed is key. in my server I have the speed to shut down Raksha most of the time with a kit equipped stratus, lock by kit/stratus or worse, cursed by Azrael. so it really depends. and maybe he is new but not many rakshas with enough speed to win out there (must be the cost and kit scaring people away)

if have raksha lt. krill and shot first, kit not help
    VIP 6, and now i stop donate this circus
    "HOPE YOU CAN UDERSTAND" - its funny

I love this commander. Thinking of buying him next after I acquire Ursa.
    The plays you can make with him are very nice.
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

One-Star Admiral Vitaliy Medvedev's Avatar
    Interesting, you have raksha with krill and first shot and you are only vip6. You are very lucky guy)
    nihilant.s328 World128(IOS)

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy Medvedev View Post
    Interesting, you have raksha with krill and first shot and you are only vip6. You are very lucky guy)
    I "think" he means he is facing that and his Kit doesn't help.... probably
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

Очень притягателен я!!! Ленар.s373 world 1276

What is the best lt for raksha, i have +4 acctan and +6 krill (i dont have enough power cores for +7) so what is your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by cbehen View Post
    What is the best lt for raksha, i have +4 acctan and +6 krill (i dont have enough power cores for +7) so what is your opinion?
    Krill+7 paired with Castor's Eye
    You don't have the cores yet, but there is no commander more deserving of 50 cores than Krill+6.

Raksha/Krill/Eye is an extremely nasty combination, especially if other commanders in your fleet either reduce enemy ATK/S-ATK attributes, or boost your own commander's DEF/SDEF/EDEF, or provide HP / HP shields.

Acctan has fallen by the wayside thanks to True Damage upgrades, but the introduction of Castor's Eye equipment makes it possible for well-aero'd Protectors to withstand a lot more damage before finally succumbing. For a Protector like Raksha or Akhenaton, however, Acc'tan is a poor choice due to fleet invisibility: All opponent ships will attack Raksha, and unless you get locked or Kit-blocked, you're 1) liable to survive into round 2, and 2) liable to shoot your S-ATK again, meaning 2 turns of all shots going to 1 commander, with only 1 chance to increase your DEF 20%.

In that scenario, would you rather have < 50% HP with 20% more defense, or 100% HP with the same defensive attributes that you had when you stood up to 5 S-ATKs?

I'd pick 100% HP in almost every situation.
    time's up.