Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In dire need of a way to get stronger ships! help!

In dire need of a way to get stronger ships! help!

Hello everyone in the GL Community,

These are my current ships (S class only):

Quasimodo
    Lily
    Incendos
    Ahkenaton
    Hunter
    Cabal
    Vladimir
    Trickster
    Violette
    Kraing
    Dingo

I need someone with the invaluable knowledge of the best methods to getting the strongest commanders at my level/in the game. Preferably without spending real money (although spending money is a last resort). I want to have the possibility of putting myself in tournies or the arena and actually coming out of it with something.

Here is a list of ships in I'd love to get my hands on, if at all possible:

Ivan
    Fitzgerald
    Fearsome Devil
    Anatoli
    Azrael
    Ursa
    Dor
    Alfred
    Lance
    Stratus
    Paccar
    Geoffrey
    Dark Asgard

Of course, if I had my way about it, I would love to have SS class ships, but that's kind of a far-out dream for me at my level.

Thanks for the help,
    AndrewWork
    Last edited by AndrewWork; February 16th, 2017 at 06:20.

Out of your current ships, you could use Incendos Ankhenaton Cabal Valdimir/Hunter, depending on your level, available galactonites, augmentation chips etc.
    You should try to get Dark Asgard from Chaos Quasar also. Below 90th level he performs better imho than Ankh or Geoffrey.

All S5 commanders so far are available for credits (read cash) only
    You also could hope to get some S4 commanders from portal but you have to be really lucky..
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

Quote Originally Posted by Pliusomiot View Post
    Out of your current ships, you could use Incendos Ankhenaton Cabal Valdimir/Hunter, depending on your level, available galactonites, augmentation chips etc.
    You should try to get Dark Asgard from Chaos Quasar also. Below 90th level he performs better imho than Ankh or Geoffrey.

All S5 commanders so far are available for credits (read cash) only
    You also could hope to get some S4 commanders from portal but you have to be really lucky..
    I've made it through 4 waves of chaos quasar, but I've never got Dark Asgard. What are the requirements for getting him? Because honestly, he would complete my setup for now, until I get some stronger commanders in portal, or from purchasing them.

Whatever I have to do to get ANY of these ships on my list, at this point, I am willing to do. Just show me how, if you know (:

Also, by S5, you mean SS class? or S class?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by AndrewWork; February 17th, 2017 at 06:19.

You will need to complete 5 waves of Chaos Quasar to and get 1 DNA, collect 40 DNA chips and you can then compose Dark Asgard, on the galaxy servers, by the time, you get 40 Dark Asgard chips, he may not be that useful, however, after you compose Dark Asgard, you should then get a replacement. Can't recall what galaxy servers get as replacement, but on the older iOS and Android servers, we get 6 z-bosons.

I have regrouped your commander candidates in ranked of my personable desirability

Azrael
    Fearsome Devil

Stratus

Ursa

Alfred
    Dor
    Anatoli

Geoffrey
    Fitzgerald

Ivan
    Paccar

Lance
    Dark Asgard

You can check out reviews for the almost of them in the Commander Handbook of the forum giving the author's opinion on their pros and cons.

Begin with the end in mind.

By the way, what level are you at now?

Also what style of play do you prefer? The attacking / defensive / a balance of attack and defense?
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewWork View Post
    I've made it through 4 waves of chaos quasar, but I've never got Dark Asgard. What are the requirements for getting him? Because honestly, he would complete my setup for now, until I get some stronger commanders in portal, or from purchasing them.

Whatever I have to do to get ANY of these ships on my list, at this point, I am willing to do. Just show me how, if you know (:

Also, by S5, you mean SS class? or S class?
    Thanks!
    You have to go win 5 waves (15 opponents) in chaos quasar in order to get 1 Dark Asgard DNA chip. To compose Dark Asgard you will need 40 DNA chips so you'll have to finish CQ 40 times at least.

S5 are latest S class commanders (Fearsome Devil, Louise, Fitzgerald, Star Lord, Raksha etc)
    All S5 are available for credits only at the moment

As NoPo already mentioned, you may not need all of them.
    Think about lieutenants also (probably Jackie, Kit, Krill, Milena, Elsa, Acc'tan will fit best)
    Commanders are important but you have to combine them wisely in order to get most out of it.

I'd love to have all those commanders you've mentioned but for now i'm fine with my team - FS, Geoffrey, Incendos, Cabal and Daleks. It is not exactly the dream team but it had a really decent price tag
    If you're in the mood to spend some big bucks on this game, then aim for latest commanders and ignore the rest..
    Raksha+Louise+FD+Stratus (maybe Maggie or Cryptor ot Azrael) could be a team that will help you to stay on top for a while (until next generation of S rank commanders will pop up)
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

I am currently level 75, and I just unlocked the refine ability on my galactonite center. Is there any way possible to get any of these commanders, other than the celestial portal?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewWork View Post
    I am currently level 75, and I just unlocked the refine ability on my galactonite center. Is there any way possible to get any of these commanders, other than the celestial portal?
    There are some which do appear as "bar events" called Empirre Treasure. Some as "chest events" or what the game calls Galaxy Reserve. Others are credit reload bonuses, something which you should only do if you are reloading for a purpose as most of the commanders that come as reload bonuses are not competitive

And of course Dark Asgard for free for collecting 40 Dark Asgard chips from the Chaos Quasar

Do figure out which type of fleet you want to run, save the credits up and when they appear in chest or treasure events recruit them when you have enough credits to get both DNAs. Do not rely on being lucky to get it cheap. In the long run will save you at lot of grief and time getting enough credits to get both DNAs in the same event.

However some players do use the 1 DNA at a time method. Just be ready in case the 2nd DNA does it appear for some time. In which case you credits is wasted on a DNA you can't use
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/

There are only 2 ways to get good commanders. 1. Patience (lots of patience). 2. Cash (lots of cash - at least if you want to get a good one).

Also power cores needs lots of patience too, most of the new commanders good at+7. İ need 127 power cores
    FS+5, Dor+7, Maggie+6, Raksha+7 [krill+7], Joya+6

Quote Originally Posted by cbehen View Post
    Also power cores needs lots of patience too, most of the new commanders good at+7. İ need 127 power cores
    127 pore cores? I thought just need 60 to go from +5 to +7 (10 for +5 to +6 and 50 for +6 to +7)