Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #24: Star Lord

Galactic Chairman

Commander Focus #24: Star Lord

Screenshot_20170529-212017.jpg

Hello, Commanders.

In this week handbook we will talk about a very strong commander: Star Lord (SL). I'll start the article saying that I everyday try to find reasons for not buy SL and I'm failing desperately. I'm now running Raksha (next handbook), Stratus, Azrael and Fearsome Devil and use SL in my fleet would means removing Azrael or FD, because Raksha at the moment is helping me too much and Stratus is my favorite commander. And if SL is giving me too much headache about wanting to buy him it's because he is really special.

SL ability is really crazy! He plunders 20 acc from all the enemies and adds to himself, so this means he gains 20% damage per alive enemy. As he has a very good base attack and s-attack attributes he can easily one shot most of the enemies if there isn't a big power gap between the players. As he plunders 20 acc this also means that all alive enemies will have his special reduced in 20% or even denied if they have less than 120 acc. So this is a very offensive and defensive skill. Differently from ss Sky Mightlis he doesn't need to hit the target to plunder the acc.

Although you may still say this is not very overpower, so, he will not just plunders the enemies acc, but he will also reduces 35% of the hit enemies acc after he already removed 20 of their acc. If we consider a normal commander with 130 acc using a level 11 R5 dual ocean he will have 20 acc reduced, so he will go for 110 acc and then another 35% reduced, so he will ends with 71,5 acc (I believe the game rounds for 72 acc) +25 acc from being hit giving a total of 97 acc. This means that even if the enemy survives he will not be able to fire special easily.

Although you may still say this is not very overpower :P, so SL will give you another present and adds a reflection shield to all your fleet. This shield will reflect 30% of the incoming damage in any of SL's allies and 100% of the incoming damage in SL. This is really strong, as this reflected damage is not reduced by any defense. A point I need to highlight here the limitation that one attack can only get reflected once. It may not be well written, as most people can't understand this properly so I'll give an example: Let's say Team A has SL and Team B too. Team A Star Lord fires his special and receives his shield and right after Team B Star Lord also fires his special, so he has the shield too. If Team B Star Lord hits Team A Star Lord he will reflect 100% of the received damage, so Team B Star Lord will receive this damage. I believe this is clear to everybody. Although Team B Star Lord has also the shield, so the limitation triggers here, as Team B Star Lord can't reflect the already reflected Damage by Team A Star Lord... Well, I agree it's not easy to explain. :P In short, this limitations is about avoid a ping-pong of reflected damage.

If his super special is not enough for you to see his value I can still say that he starts with a 40% block rate that is really effective and also 130% hit rate. As I said he has one of the highest attack and s-attack attributes and his is not bad in tanking hits.

I believe his week point (he had to have one) is his low anti Critical, although, if he is with the reflection shield and has at least the same HP as the enemy that hits him with a critical, there is a good chance that he will still kills the enemy. :P

I'll still have a lot of headache about getting him or not, as I believe he will come back. And you, are you anxious for his return? Is he giving you a hard time as enemy? What's your opinion about him? Let's discuss about this very powerful commander.

See you in the Galaxy!
    Last edited by Anakin; May 30th, 2017 at 00:38. Reason: Added Video Again
    Galactic Chairman

Agree, he is an ugly strong frog and a big thread for any OHKO commander to kill himself :-D

My Ursa made some bad experiences in beast mode with this kind of reflecting frog. I don't like the look of him and his ship (for me in particular this ship is a foreign object for the game. Worst work from the designers!) but I really like his skills and would be happy if he joins my team. Therefore I would be happy if he will have comeback.

We all like free commanders I would welcome him in my team ...
    I just hate the design of this "retro" ship... called also "Crazy Frog" which is a kid from Khala and Acctan
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Haha. I think he is cute in the same style of Garfield
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Captain
    Yes i want him back

SL is one of the most powerful Ships you can get. He is offensive AND defensive just super strong. Even if you got not the fastest Fleet, not the strongst Fleet, you can Build with him Formations, what are extremly hard to beat. His S Atk, what plunders Acc, is very strong against Ships like FD, cause he cant shot your next Ship in the Cold Cosmos. And then his reflect Dmg Shield. We all knew it, we all love, or hate it.
    Hope that Little Text helped you a bit to decide, if or if you dont buy Star Lord
    Greeting,
    CourierSix.159 Galaxy 159 Android

Did you forget to mention that he is bugged? In round 3 if his accumulator is charged - he will NOT shoot special attack. He will shoot normal attack and his accumulator will drop by 100.
    Latest answer for this fix from tap is that i quote: "should be fixed in version 1.8.1". You will lose a lot of battles because SL does not shoot special when his accumulator is even overcharged. This answer we got from FB Group in the reports.
    If you do not believe me - you can see the bug in CCC top32 too. So it is not only me. And tap may continue to say that it is fixed - but it is NOT. 2 months already.
    Lvl 110, Free VIP 5, Arena Rank: Top 20, iOS; Merged Worlds 57, 59, 60, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
    Force: 11 500M, PVP Fleet: Slade T-IV +12 with Lt. Knous +7, Murometz +8 with Lt. Krill +7
    Nicolas +15 with Lt. Louise +13, Roland +7 with Lt. Kit +4, Richard +7 with Lt. Herbert +7

You know me but I know you better.

Section Leader
    Seems to be good but the ranger for Easter will be better then Lord.
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice

Brigadier
    Is it just me or do his powers seem conflicting.

You lower the accumulator so your opponent attack does less,
    then give back 100% of the damage at the attacking ship when hit.
    ben42.s814 world 772 (Android)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben42 View Post
    Is it just me or do his powers seem conflicting.

You lower the accumulator so your opponent attack does less,
    then give back 100% of the damage at the attacking ship when hit.
    Don't forget that because of the broken method tap4fun uses to implement buffs & debuffs, StarLord gets a free extra turn of 100% reflection.

For example, if your opponent shoots first with Starlord
    Turn 1) Starlord fires (reflect turns on with duration counter = 1)
    you shoot
    other commander: duration counter on this commander is not 0, so its buff remains active. its duration counter decreases by 1
    you shoot
    you finish turn 1 by shooting
    Turn 2) duration counter is not 0, so buff stays on Starlord. duration counter decreases by 1
    you shoot
    other commander: duration counter is 0! deactivate the reflection on this commander!
    Turn 3) Starlord duration counter is 0! deactivate the reflection shield!

A fair buff system would apply/remove all buffs/debuffs in accordance with the current turn sequence and the timing of the application within the original turn sequence. I.E. all commanders lose reflect shield immediately after StarLord fires on Turn 2, because they have had the reflect shield for exactly 1 turn. If StarLord was destroyed by your fleet in Turn 1, all your reflect shields would drop immediately as your turn began. If your opponent had shot second, the reflect shields would drop immediately before his first commander fires, as this would be 1 turn from when StarLord put them into place.

(Yes, i benefit from this flawed system thanks to Ursa's turn-based buff, but I still want terrible implementations of ideas to be improved, especially if the change results in a more clear logical battle flow)
    time's up.