Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forest of Steller Foundation - Experiences Discussion

Forest of Steller Foundation - Experiences Discussion

Let's discuss FoST experiences!

1. FoST is - like most Galaxy Legend features - easier to play the more strength you have. Additionally the more strong you are the better planets you can mine and therefore powerful players develop faster than of less strong players.

2. The difficulty of occupying a planet is related also to the hour of the day. I observed increased activity (resulting in more occupy fails and invasions) right after reset, in the morning (Russia awakes ), during Pandora events and after Primus.

3. The overall result is better if you play badass mode - means you invade planets mostly harvested - and focus on a planet class that guarantee a high (near 100%) success rate.

E. g. One can attack Atacama and Iron Eagle planets with rare fails and harvest on average 1700 DAs each time (= 8.5k DAs per day) or one can attack Yggdrasil planets and fail 1 out of 5 which gives 4 x 2.2 k DAs and costs 700 for one fail (= 8.1k DAs per day).

4. Prepare your fleet for counter attacks! After invading a player of similar strength successfully you often encounter a revenge invasion. Prepare for such counter attacks by figuring out how you would fight your own fleet and formation with the opponent's fleet and then setup a formation to foil this plan!

Samples:
    - Successful invasion
    - Successful defense thanks to formation adjustment

I recommend to check the radar after defeating an opponent of similar or equal strength. If he/she selected another planet for harvesting which is shown in the radar then you are save from him/her. If not watch your log closely and adjust formation after each foiled invasion attempt!

So what are your experiences?
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    1. FoST is - like most Galaxy Legend features - easier to play the more strength you have. Additionally the more strong you are the better planets you can mine and therefore powerful players develop faster than of less strong players.
    Unfortunately, no nice juicy planets for me

2. The difficulty of occupying a planet is related also to the hour of the day. I observed increased activity (resulting in more occupy fails and invasions) right after reset, in the morning (Russia awakes ), during Pandora events and after Primus.
    Time of danger should include Primus Invasion time, where some players do put on paint coats.

Interestingly, for me, i find my best time, about the 2 hours before and after day reset.

3. The overall result is better if you play badass mode - means you invade planets mostly harvested - and focus on a planet class that guarantee a high (near 100%) success rate.
    Interestingly, when i do invade and am successful, i get invaded more than half the time. My guess, is that players will mentally calculate that, there is more to gain by trying their luck.

I primarily play the peaceful method, wait for empty planet and colonise which gives me about 5-6K of Dark Aerosiderites. Do unto others, what you want others to do to you.

I really dislike the behavior of players who try to plunder me in the last 10 minutes or so.

E. g. One can attack Atacama and Iron Eagle planets with rare fails and harvest on average 1700 DAs each time (= 8.5k DAs per day) or one can attack Yggdrasil planets and fail 1 out of 5 which gives 4 x 2.2 k DAs and costs 700 for one fail (= 8.1k DAs per day).
    Which means i am getting behind in DAs but since there is a cap, i will get there eventually.

4. Prepare your fleet for counter attacks! After invading a player of similar strength successfully you often encounter a revenge invasion. Prepare for such counter attacks by figuring out how you would fight your own fleet and formation with the opponent's fleet and then setup a formation to foil this plan!
    When i do attack, i usually attack those that i can win for sure by a wide margin, so revenge attacks have been few.
    Which also does mean, i do not max out on the possible plunder.

I recommend to check the radar after defeating an opponent of similar or equal strength. If he/she selected another planet for harvesting which is shown in the radar then you are save from him/her. If not watch your log closely and adjust formation after each foiled invasion attempt!
    Very good point.

I also check the radar, to see if those who successfully plundered me are online, if they are, i wait until their time is over, before checking again to make sure they are not online to colonise a planet. There were a few players who kept on plundering me before i realize this. Coincidence?
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Major General
    One more point from me:
    Before implementing level 100 I had fewer attacks on my planet. Now there are players who are normally weaker than me but rushed their level and knowing that they will most probably attack first are not afraid to colonize, their attempts are usually successful due to first turn.
    I invest 0 to increase level.

It seems to me that there are some planets that are visible to many players. At the same time there are planets that are shown to fewer players so no attacks even on Edem/Yggdrasil and you can safely harvest them for 1 hour.
    volente.s177 | world1080 merged | android |

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    I primarily play the peaceful method, wait for empty planet and colonise which gives me about 5-6K of Dark Aerosiderites. Do unto others, what you want others to do to you.

I really dislike the behavior of players who try to plunder me in the last 10 minutes or so.
    I played same style at the beginning but often if you invade an empty planet and at the same time another player so the one who loses wasted a supply completely. If you invade late the "victim" gets 50% of max for the supply.

Second point is you can to some extend estimate the strength of a planet owner by the invasion costs. High invasion cost means higher risk as the current owner already defended the planet one or more times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    I also check the radar, to see if those who successfully plundered me are online, if they are, i wait until their time is over, before checking again to make sure they are not online to colonise a planet. There were a few players who kept on plundering me before i realize this. Coincidence?
    As far as I know you can see only players who attacked you, now, and only for some time.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Quote Originally Posted by volente View Post
    It seems to me that there are some planets that are visible to many players. At the same time there are planets that are shown to fewer players so no attacks even on Edem/Yggdrasil and you can safely harvest them for 1 hour.
    Possible, i once chatted and exchanged maps with a fellow country man (I recognise him from the flag) and the map he has and the map i have a different, even though i could see him. So the map layout is randomised. We did this a few times and it was still different.

Possibly too, we started out with different layouts and this was just a coincidence.

I played same style at the beginning but often if you invade an empty planet and at the same time another player so the one who loses wasted a supply completely. If you invade late the "victim" gets 50% of max for the supply.

Second point is you can to some extend estimate the strength of a planet owner by the invasion costs. High invasion cost means higher risk as the current owner already defended the planet one or more times.

As far as I know you can see only players who attacked you, now, and only for some time.
    I guess, it is the time I play compared to yours that is the difference, i usually have no problem Occupying a planet vs Invading an empty planet. Maybe 1 in 10 times, i will have to invade an empty planet and i often win. The later in the server day, i of me invading an empty planet is higher, as well as someone invading me just after i occupy.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

I play aggressively and its a very hit and miss strategy. Sometimes i plunder everyone planet in the day and maybe even get someone try and attack me. The most i got from a planet is 2800 because of this. Other times, like today, i get 3 planets and 2 wasted attempts.

Its a risk every time as even known opponents are marked as unknown which is irritating but would more irritating if you then became bullied i suppose. I get anything from 3-8k...but usually closer to the 3k
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

The weaker you are the more difficult it becomes and the smaller planets you have to take. Everthing >1000 is getting attacked frequently as there are a lot of sharks outside who want to increase their DAs with plundering. This strategy is getting used and flows down, so I have even faced fleets who would could keep up with planets from 1000-1300 but prefer attacking 800-900 planets to secure their daily income. I even get plundered the last two hours before reset, although similiars planet had been free...
    Finally it all depends on luck.

First post, so please be gentle with me!
    I'm a relatively small force, low spender, lvl 97 91m, and very unlucky when it comes to opening chests, the monopoly game, portal recruitment etc etc. If I colonise a big planet 900 - 1300 DA, I get smashed, then when I'm down they smash me some more, it is rather painful. If I colonise a 720 planet, I normally see that through for the hour. As I'm in the UK I now tend to colonise the planets later in the day, this migrates most of the big European players ( and colossal spenders). So I usually have an income if I'm lucky, of between 3000 - 3500 DA per day. If I'm unlucky can't bag 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz Wick View Post
    First post, so please be gentle with me!
    I'm a relatively small force, low spender, lvl 97 91m, and very unlucky when it comes to opening chests, the monopoly game, portal recruitment etc etc. If I colonise a big planet 900 - 1300 DA, I get smashed, then when I'm down they smash me some more, it is rather painful. If I colonise a 720 planet, I normally see that through for the hour. As I'm in the UK I now tend to colonise the planets later in the day, this migrates most of the big European players ( and colossal spenders). So I usually have an income if I'm lucky, of between 3000 - 3500 DA per day. If I'm unlucky can't bag 2000.
    this is because if they beat you they can see you on their radar. A 1300 planet is 3rd for the top so it attracts the top players. You are making it easy for others as you are making yourself a target. Unfortunately with your level and force you are limited to lower planets as even with the plunder bonus you wont be a big enough target for them.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    this is because if they beat you they can see you on their radar...
    You cannot see players that you plundered, probably to prevent picking on them. You can only see players that invaded you (successful or not).

To Gaz Wick:

If you can consistently bring home 720 planets, why don't you just stick to it bro? That's 3600 DAs a day and even if you get smashed once, still 3K+

You risk a lot more at your force/level because you cannot defend the higher planets and just relying on "luck" that no one is going to attack you. I wouldn't gamble, take the sure money.

Most players won't invade the 720 because 720 planets plundered at full battle value would be less than the "Rich" Planet (1000 DA). And if you can't hold the 720 as often as you thought, do 560, 500. 2.5K+ DA guaranteed.

Just my thoughts