Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCCompetition - January 2017 - Level 100+ - Android - Top Fights

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    I think players will adjust to Raksha and if he dominates I am sure tap4fun will have an expensive answer for sale soon. One drawback of Raksha is that you want to have him fire first and that makes your moves calculable.

When Geoffrey dominated one of the best answers was own Geoffrey + Dor. Against Raksha it will probably be own Raksha + Ursa. The question for a purchase decision is: Will he be still great if he is blocked by Kit regularly or nerfed by a new counter commander?

Edit: One "solution" would be a monomer kamikaze commander that has one attack and kills one target and himself/herself.
    Kamikaze commander? He should probably kill more than 1 enemy commander to make him worth it?

I see you still use Retrobot... planning to get Star Lord in his place? Or are you happy with him?
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Kamikaze commander? He should probably kill more than 1 enemy commander to make him worth it?
    I just wanted to sketch a possible design solution to a Raksha heavy metagame. I think killing more than one ship would be too strong and how would you select? Target and one random? Additionally this would not work anyways. Imagine suicide commander is last together with one left ship on opponent's side. Who would win then?

I see you still use Retrobot... planning to get Star Lord in his place? Or are you happy with him?
    On one side I am happy that he is still strong enough to stay (13 month now). On the other hand I think that Star Lord is more reliable, has more punch and higher survivability as average penetration stayed low where hit rate climbed quite a bit. But I don't have the funds at the moment for fleet changes. And when I have he will be nearly obsolete again...
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Kamikaze commander? Hmm. would pair up well with Ursa, since a friendly commander will automatically be killed activating Ursa's 800% attack boost. and then see the ping pong squash happen and win the battle.

Could potentially be very unstabilizing the meta-game further
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    Kamikaze commander? Hmm. would pair up well with Ursa, since a friendly commander will automatically be killed activating Ursa's 800% attack boost. and then see the ping pong squash happen and win the battle.

Really good point, mate! And it shows how many potential interactions have to be considered BEFORE releasing a new commander. I don't know how tap4fun's design team works but often the impression occurs that they don't have the time to make such an in-depth impact analysis of a new commanders during design phase...
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Yep... synergies develop very fast. And the design team usually doesn't foresee many combinations. Gamers are a different breed and discover many things in a game like this.
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post

Only if Tap fixes the issue with wainfury activation. Right now, your opponent must initiate the killing of your ship. If your commander self destructs (like via reflect damage), that won't trigger Ursa's buff even if the ship was linked:

on-topic: CCC summaries are great. They are also very educational for those who are shopping for fleet upgrades - you get hard data on how the top performers configure their fleets.
    time's up.

Quote Originally Posted by z3nithor View Post
    Only if Tap fixes the issue with wainfury activation. Right now, your opponent must initiate the killing of your ship. If your commander self destructs (like via reflect damage), that won't trigger Ursa's buff even if the ship was linked:

No wonder it doesn't work as i felt it should against my arena's Star Lord opponents.

Thanks for pointing it out z3nithor
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri