Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Year Exploit - Show tap4fun Your Opinion!

The New Year Exploit - Show tap4fun Your Opinion!

If you are unaware or unhappy about how tap4fun dealt with this issue.... read here and then you may follow the link below and declare your view!

Around new year there was a sloppily configured purchase event that was intended to give players that purchased certain amounts of Credits a discount on limited packs. The highest obtainable discount was 99% for purchasing 15k Credits.

In parallel there were regular shop events for Pandora Crystals and TS-4 Modules. High-value items usually obtainable at a very high price tag, only. Possibly due to different people designing events independently and as there is apparently no or insufficient quality control and testing for events on tp4fun's side the discount event affected also the regular shop event by granting discounts intended to apply only to some limited packs to unlimited shop items, too.

Especially with the 15k Credits purchase and 99% discount insanely low prices were accidentally applied. E. g.
    2 Credits for a Pandora Crystal Chest (with 200 Chest guaranteeing 20x Pandora Crystal)
    2 Credits for a TS-4 Chip Pack (approx. 250-500 Packs giving one TS-4 Module)
    300 Credits for Server Rename Pack
    0 Credits for Initial Recruitment Keys

tap4fun reacted very slow and albeit an "abnormal event announcement" was posted via in-game news the glitch could be abused for nearly one day. In the announcement the "deduction of ill-gotten gains" was stated. Many players that regularly spend Credits could have taken the chance to get a lifetime portion of Pandora Crystals and a full complement of TS-4 Modules but played fair and trusted tap4fun's announcement that glitch abusers will not profit from the bug. Not to mention all those players that play for low and no budget and have to fight hard for any high-value item.

"But they were all of them deceived..." tap4fun made some partial deductions of Pandora Crystals and high amount stock items from using unlimited Initial Recruitment Keys for Galactonite Energy, Paint Coats, Plunder Permission. Additionally they punished some players by arbitrarily deaugmenting commanders. But as far as we know they did not take ill-gotten TS-4 Modules and left lots of Pandora Crystals untouched not to mention already spent items like mining permits...

The reasoning of tap4fun is that poor exploiters spend so many Credits for adjustment of TS-4 Modules that they cannot revert it without harming those players. The Terms of Service every player accepts when creating an account say clearly bug abuse/exploit will lead to a ban of the player/account. I did not hear of a single account banned in that process. But there were many exploiters who stated they also get Credits refunded by tap4fun! What a smash into faces of honest players!!

Remember! Players who got 6 TS-4 Modules for purchasing 15k Credits and then spending 3-8k of this "investment" literally got a new years gift from tap4fun worth 3000 USD - 4000 USD.

Do you still have fun with the game?

At Facebook a very good comment was made regarding this issue. You may check and decide if you want to add your signature to this proclamation!

Link: https://www.facebook.com/galaxylegen...55365258019529
    Last edited by Nachteule; January 15th, 2017 at 18:23.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

One-Star Admiral
    Nachteule, you captured the idiocy of Tap4Fun.
    A GREAT GAME but ruined by a LOUSY company.
    Have you considered posting this article on the review for IOS & Android for a ZERO STAR review.
    It can serve as a warning to potential players about the $$$ BLACK HOLE & unbalanced / unfairness state of the game.

Tap4Fun should suspend all the explorers for a month & use the time to clean up the accounts.
    Those accounts that can't be rollback should be banned.
    If Tap4Fun can refund $$$, then they should have no problem refunding $$$ for accounts that are banned.
    The onus should be on the players to prove that they have NOT intentionally exploited the bug.

Don't forget the "GREAT GAME" was invented by this "LOUSY company" so I think they deserve respect for the creation of the game itself. Seen from business perspective test, quality control and service cost money and in-app purchases generate revenue. There are players who even suspect the whole issue was intended that way. I am a fan of presumption of innocence principle but in this case it's really hard to stay with that.

I won't put any kind of hate rating anywhere but I will continue to clear-up things and to give players' feedback to tap4fun. There are successes every now and then (events that are optimized according to players feedback, better rewards, ...) and that's the way I will continue to work.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

I already did sign up with Sven but to be honest I don't think it will have much impact on Tap. The only ones that might have influence on tap are Google and Apple. I think it's better chance for change to send these links to Google and Apple. They sell Tap:s products and they are the only ones who can put real pressure on Tap to change.

Tap is the first Chinese company that I have had direct contact with. I think they are one of the evidence for unregulated Chinese hyper-capitalism and how lousy that works. A company would not be able to run like this within the EU, I'm sure of it. Many of us are customers within regulated markets with customer rights and not used to just get screwed by the company when making purchases. Also a reason why Google and Apple should take more responsibility here imo.
    Last edited by ASR1927; January 15th, 2017 at 13:06.

One-Star Admiral
    I'm not a hatemonger.
    The "GREAT GAME" is great because the idea is great!
    But the company that implemented it is "LOUSY".
    A GOOD company would bring out the "GREATNESS" in the game
    Sadly, Tap4Fun still have a long way to go...

They should focus on what they have done right & tweak those that are buggy or just eliminate those that didn't work out.
    Rushing to implement new ideas without thinking thru the mpact on the game have ruined the strategy aspect of a space war genre.

It's shouldn't be labeled a free2play game.
    It should be labeled a PAY2WIN game.

ASR1927, tiny drops of water made up the ocean.
    Don't belittled your effort.
    Yours might be the feather that breaks the camel's back

Nachteule, I applaud your efforts.
    And I hope that they bear fruits.
    So far whatever GOODWILL from the improvements that Tap4Fun have made have been WIPEOUT from the way they handled THE NEW YEAR EXPLOIT.

Brigadier
    Quote Originally Posted by CalicoGray88 View Post
    So far whatever GOODWILL from the improvements that Tap4Fun have made have been WIPEOUT from the way they handled THE NEW YEAR EXPLOIT.
    You are too kind mate! Wipeout? No way, they made hundreds steps backwards! I.e. Pandora is now more than a joke! Facing a lot lot of players ranging 500-700m, they camper on left and right of our base, what a FUN! This games was destroyed, that's the reality. So much patience and time (not to mention money) all in the drain.

it's great for every one

Brigadier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    Don't forget the "GREAT GAME" was invented by this "LOUSY company" so I think they deserve respect for the creation of the game itself. Seen from business perspective test, quality control and service cost money and in-app purchases generate revenue. There are players who even suspect the whole issue was intended that way. I am a fan of presumption of innocence principle but in this case it's really hard to stay with that.

I won't put any kind of hate rating anywhere but I will continue to clear-up things and to give players' feedback to tap4fun. There are successes every now and then (events that are optimized according to players feedback, better rewards, ...) and that's the way I will continue to work.
    I really appreciate your positive mood and way of approaching the problems, but we need to be realistic here: T4F is a fraudulent company! No question about it. I also was hoping they were starting to behave like a "normal" company, but at the end the only thing they care is money: they have no ethic, they don't know what "customer" means, fairness and game balance are exotic words for them, I never got in touch with such a greedy and fraudulent company in my life.

thank you for great post Nachteule ..

these expoits killed the game for me... and as mentioned beofe I stopped support this game by no more month card..

how TAP can make such a HUGE mistake! We have been long complaining about no beta testing and releasing features that are not finished!
    This time they went too far, with bugs and player expliting them, and the PINNACLE of this is that none of the expoliters got punished! This is like spiting in to our face ..if they think they go away with this, they are wrong.. news travel fast..
    Shame on you TAP you RUINED the game for fair and honest players!!!
    Last edited by Frankie; January 15th, 2017 at 20:01.
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Only way to change this is report to Google and ios.
    We can prepare a person list who will not buy month card, credits anymore until tap fix it. This may help. Tap cares money more than players rights.
    FS+5, Dor+7, Maggie+6, Raksha+7 [krill+7], Joya+6