Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #23: Fitzgerald

Galactic Chairman

Commander Focus #23: Fitzgerald

****Read the event description in the end****

Fitzgerald.jpg
    Screenshot_20170529-212240.jpg

Hello, Commander.

In this week handbook we are going to discuss about the first red commander released: Fitzgerald. In the end of November/2016 tap started a new generation of commander with this amazing striker.
    The same as Azrael, Fitzgerald also originally doesn’t require augumentation to improve his devastating special. His special has the super offensive ability to plunder (steal and add to self) 30% of all enemies’ s-attack attribute. This applied to a very strong striker with a modifier of 132% means death to most of the commanders in the Galaxy. As an example I remember that Doctor (from IOS) told me once that his +7 Fitzgerald was able to one shot kill 197911’s +15 Vale’rath when his +15 Dark Maximilian wasn’t able to do the same. Even a low augumented Fitzgerald can already be able to one shot an enemy when the power gap is not super large. But it is not only his special that is attractive. He has amazing offensive attributes with a initial 30% critical and hit rate!!! He also starts with a +80 speed over the speed value of most normal commanders.
    If you think that being able to practically one hit kill most of the commanders is not that great ( ) you can add in the list that after he releases his special he recovers 75 acc!! That means that if he fires and receives at least one attack on first round he is ready to release the special again!!
    Fitzgerald is meant to be an offensive commander, although as his special plunders enemies’ satck he also helps to defend, specialty in the first round. In my case I had some battles that enemy’s Fitz fired first and my FD couldn’t one shot kill a commander, that’s terrible for FD. :P
    As a striker his enemy is a +3 Volkof as enemy’s Lieutenant, as Volkof has a 50% chance to lock the enemy’s strikers special. Although this is available also for Fitzgerald owner and it’s normal to see him and Stratus together in the same team. *I’d like to remember that for Volkof works his team needs to have 2 remaining strikers at least.*
    Well, I’ve talked a lot about how Fitzgerald can be great in your fleet, but he also can be great even if not fighting. If you have the Battle III in the League of Heroes unlocked Fitzgerald can also give you speed. For unlock this ability you need Fitzgerald + Fearsome devil and/or Fitzgerald + Azral; in both cases he will add +1150 HP and +15 speed PER SHIP in your fleet, so he adds a total of 75 speed if you’re using 5 commanders (what’s the most common).

As in last handbook I'd like to add a video (in this week two), showing some Fitzgerald battles.

You can also check the second video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFdcIqJVXs

Again, a great think is that we will give prizes:

3 random participants will receive 500 credits

best states will get in order:
    1st: 2000 credits
    2nd: 1500 credits
    3rd: 1000 credits

To end my part I’d like to ask your feedback about this amazing commander. Anything you’d like to add? Do you pretend to buy this amazing commander that becomes stronger according to how strong your enemy is? Come and let’s discuss about him!

See you in the Galaxy!
    Last edited by Anakin; May 30th, 2017 at 00:41.
    Galactic Chairman

Major General
    Another powerful striker that was supposed to substitute Stratus. Did he manage to do that? I don't think so as we still see Stratus in top100 fleets.
    Last stricker I had in my team was Armoray but gone to portal.
    Although I don't have Fitz in my formation (rangers are dominating) I am not willing to purchase him. Line oneshot kill of any opponent is too boring (example +7 Fitz kicks out Vela'rath +15) so I would prefer Stratus instead.

I didn't see him much in Galaxy league (never in Pandora or Forest), but his special to steal 30% of SATK never prevented my FD from oneshot kill. My Ursa after shooting his special blocks Fitzgerald special and is able to survive.

The only big advantage given by this commander is speed. He gives you +75 if you have FD / Azrael or +150 if you have both FD and Azrael. Speed is crucial now and the only thing worth investing in.
    volente.s177 | world1080 merged | android |

One-Star Admiral
    Fritz (I like to call him Fritz instead of Fitz) isn't supposed to replace Stratus, but to work in pair with him.
    At the moment, Stratus is more a support commander than anything else, and every good support needs an awesome killer to be paired with ...hence we have Fritz.

In my opinion Fritz was created to be an alternative to FD as it basically performs the killing role FD usually has, but a little better and with more devastating effect since he's a line shooter. Because of vertical attack, he does perform the killer role a little better than FD but he lacks the tanking role FD also performs. For that he is best paired with the more viable tanks: Ursa or Fat Lord (also known as Star Lord in game . This kind of pair performs better than FD but with the disadvantage of using two ships. On the other hand the advantage of using Fritz + tank is that the pair won't be as easily shut down as simply using Jackie.

To sum up my opinion ... Fritz is an amazing killer that finally can replace FD's role as main killer but he has to be used accordingly to the enemy for best results: either first shot if you're faster or shoot 2nd behind a tank if you aren't. Either way the only thing standing after a full Fritz attack during the first round would be a very severely damaged Ursa.
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

Brigadier
    Dangerous commander if you have three ships lined up in a row.

But the community has spoken, and if he was so great everyone would try and get him. Sense I barely see him in league or fight him in arena, I will never know his max potential.

If tap4fun were to add a 25% chance (or more) to block destroyers, this counter to Fearsome D would make him worth getting.
    ben42.s814 world 772 (Android)

People still use Stratus because Stratus is not a normal Striker. Most strikers are pure power and nothing more. Stratus best attribute is his def reducer and lock, not his power
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

One-Star Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben42 View Post
    Dangerous commander if you have three ships lined up in a row.

But the community has spoken, and if he was so great everyone would try and get him. Sense I barely see him in league or fight him in arena, I will never know his max potential.

If tap4fun were to add a 25% chance (or more) to block destroyers, this counter to Fearsome D would make him worth getting.
    Then we are not playing the same league ... the one I've checked has a lot of Fritz in top200, so for me that is a good indication that a commander is good, not how many average players bought him.

You don't see more people buying him because he is a new and
    expensive commander. No matter how good a commander is, on it's initial release and 1-2 events afterwards only the high spenders will get him, with some exceptions being those who saved for months for it.

After a little time passes and the chest events start being less expensive, then a commander would be used on a larger scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    Then we are not playing the same league ... the one I've checked has a lot of Fritz in top200, so for me that is a good indication that a commander is good, not how many average players bought him.

You don't see more people buying him because he is a new and
    expensive commander. No matter how good a commander is, on it's initial release and 1-2 events afterwards only the high spenders will get him, with some exceptions being those who saved for months for it.

After a little time passes and the chest events start being less expensive, then a commander would be used on a larger scale.
    He's not as common as the rest of the new commanders though. There are a lot more FD, Azrael and Starlord than Fitz
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

One-Star Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernan D View Post
    He's not as common as the rest of the new commanders though. There are a lot more FD, Azrael and Starlord than Fitz
    I think there is an explanation for this in a different place than in the power of the commander: FD is released in summer, so he is not as new as them, Azrael was seen as the answer to all problems, so many run for it, but I have heard quite a few owners complaining he is unreliable. As for Fat Lord, many just like me, thought he is a one time deal, so people took it more because of that. I actually had to chose between these 2 (Fat Lord and Fritz) and I have chosen the frog just because it might never come back, on the other hand Fritz I knew for certain would come back also in future events.

Thanks for this great explanation and I have Fitzgerald on my shortlist as a commander that I would like to get as he can do a lot of damage. As I went for Azrael I had to pass on Fitzgerald but when facing a few I can see the value that he brings and you need the right strategy to come out on top. I like commanders who can easily kill, and with FD that was one of them but I see with Fitzgerald you can kill more than one commander in one go. :-)
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

One-Star Admiral Vitaliy Medvedev's Avatar
    For 3 years of playing Ive never used strikers but Fitz impressed me much in enemies fleets. Also I have 4 ts3 modules for striker (thanx to chineze random), so his presence in my fleet will be preferable
    nihilant.s328 World128(IOS)