Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lieutenant Choices - Option Overflow

Lieutenant Choices - Option Overflow

Hi friends,

until yesterday the world was easy regarding lieutenants. FD => Jackie, Geoffrey => Acc'tan, Retrobot => Krill, Dor => Kit, FS => Mileena. Not much to argue about.

All possible lieutenants are available at the desirable augmentation level except for Mileena which is +5. And if I want to use Elsa at +4 I had to downgrade Mileena to +4.

Now with Azrael instead of Geoffrey the world is way more complex. FD => Jackie is set. The rest is open. So far I tested:
    FD => Jackie, Azrael => Violette, Retrobot => Krill, Dor => Kit, FS => Mileena. But I have no idea how often the speed buff of Violette helped to fire first. (Hitrate is not a problem.)

I now switched to FD => Jackie, Azrael => Krill, Retrobot => Flynn, Dor => Kit, FS => Mileena. But I am not really happy with not using the hide potential of Elsa and Zaffrey at all.

But as speed is key and Geoffrey probably not a real issue I could imagine to go that way too:
    FD => Jackie, Azrael => Krill, Retrobot => Elsa (can help against Star Lord, too), Dor => Flynn/Kit depending on opponent, FS => Violette.

What would you do? What are your experiences?
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

One-Star Admiral
    FD (Jackie), Azrael (Krill) should be set in stone ... you want Azrael to fire as much as possible.
    FS (Mileena) again should be pretty much set in stone ... that 15% bonus + the forest upgrades would make FS a real tanky killer (unless you didn't upgrade him at all in forest then you just have a big meat shield)

Dor and Retro are the ones you need to see how to fit best ... and I think Elsa on Retro and Kit on Dor are the way to go. They don't do that much damage in order to really benefit from Flynn ... plus they are all supports for your FD so maximise their support role.
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

Three-Star Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    FD (Jackie), Azrael (Krill) should be set in stone ... you want Azrael to fire as much as possible.
    FS (Mileena) again should be pretty much set in stone ... that 15% bonus + the forest upgrades would make FS a real tanky killer (unless you didn't upgrade him at all in forest then you just have a big meat shield)

Dor and Retro are the ones you need to see how to fit best ... and I think Elsa on Retro and Kit on Dor are the way to go. They don't do that much damage in order to really benefit from Flynn ... plus they are all supports for your FD so maximise their support role.
    this. plus elsa hiding retro might just sometimes help you to win in a last man standing scenario. although if you wannna protect fd u cant use retro with elsa.

What is your strategy and formation? Does FD fires first or do you hide him and behind whom? If retro is not the shield of FD then Elsa makes sense on him for me and would prefer Elsas invisibility towards Violette or Flynn.

So i agree with Bogdan

After playing with the commanders and lieutenants for some days I still struggle to find a setup and formation that gives me the feeling I make use of all synergies. Here are some experiences:

1. Azrael is an awesome threat. But putting him first bears the risk to lose him to opposing FD.
    2. Krill on Azrael does not work nearly as good as with Retrobot before. If Azrael fires and hits he just does not get enough hits to either fire his special again fast or activate Krill. I am really thinking about removing the Flash Gala from him. To make him hitable by sigiled opponents. (67% dodge does not help to dodge current threads like FD, Fitzgerald, Star Lord, Alfred.)
    3. Elsa on Retrobot is another story not really convincing. My dodgiest commander together with Krill was an ugly challenge. With Elsa the Bot fires and hides and others have to tank the hits he could evade easily. Additionally Elsa on Retrobot messes my Primus fleet. I am used to just switch formation and not lieutenants.
    4. Dor has much better synergy with Geoffrey centered defensive fleet. With Geoffrey Dor snipes opposing ships one by one.

I cannot really complain about Azrael but I am still seeking my optimal formation and lieutenant setup.
    Galactic Chairman
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Use Zaffrey on Azrael and Krill on retro
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Hernan D View Post
    Use Zaffrey on Azrael and Krill on retro
    Yes, that's the current setup I ended up with: FD => Jackie, Azrael => Zaffrey, Retrobot => Krill, Dor => Kit/Flynn, FS => Mileena.
    Galactic Chairman

I ditched Zaffrey for the same reason i need Azrael to build up some hits to fire his special again. I am using Krill on him and i have to say i am very impressed with the results as a direct comparison of the 2 LT's.

Dor = Kit. To me this too was a no brainier as although Geoffrey's shield isn't anything to be scared of anymore it still can be irritating as Azrael doesn't do a lot of damage, neither does my Dor for that matter, but i love his support so he is staying.

Like FD, Joya with her upgrade = Jackie...no point thinking about changing that combo.

I dont have Retrobot but instead use Ursa so we are in the same situation with sharing chips. As you know Ursa needs people to die to make him good so it was an easy decision to put Elsa on him, who also hides Dor at the same time. So i get 800% critical shots a lot . But retrobot is dodgy and dodging the shot is better then blocking in my option so Elsa is wasted here. I would be in the same situation as you with who i chose for this one.

I dont have Mileena but do have Dingo. I dont use him, but i have him. I have stuck with Violette as i dont have many meteors so all the extra speed is welcome even if i rarely do see the benefit. Plus i dont want the fight over chips for LT's pf main commanders.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    Yes, that's the current setup I ended up with: FD => Jackie, Azrael => Zaffrey, Retrobot => Krill, Dor => Kit/Flynn, FS => Mileena.
    FS should have Violette, unless you don't have more Rover chips
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Hernan D View Post
    FS should have Violette, unless you don't have more Rover chips
    For Dor users, Violette makes sense only at +4, and only if you require first shot for success. Nachteule's fleet is not so dependent on firing first.
    If your FS is 6/7, and Mileena is also 5/6, Mileena wins every time IMO. The extra stats are like getting high-level R6 (perhaps R7 as we level up) stones of the static attributes - and the extra nice thing is that unlike TS mods, this is a start-of-battle boost that takes into account everything that boosts your attributes - equipment, paintcoats, pandora buffs, galaxy league stats, aeros...

My $0.02:
    Dor - Kit+4, of course. more block for everyone as well.
    Azrael - Zaffrey is nice here, and doesn't need to be +4 to be worthy. 5% extra HP is the attraction (5% of 5m is an R7 Pri!)
    Retrobot - Krill+7. Dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, hit, revert+ZAP, dodge, dodge.... come ON! If your opponent doesn't have Dor to boost their hit rate, this is just evil.
    FD - Jackie+1. No other option is worthwhile.
    FS - Mileena, for reasons above.
    time's up.