Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cellos Shield 1

Cellos Shield 1

So i just got this armor. How do i use it and who should i put it on.

I have +7 stratus, +5 geofreey, +2 cryptor and +6 ursa. They all have warriors power complete. Ursa has all warrior plus 75% of sages complete. Any suggestions?

the shield works at random. it can be placed on any commander and even if that commander is not attacked it can be activated. I would put it on a strong ship to make sure its used more...or if everyone else is using the other armour put it on the FS as you dont need the FS as much and it means each ship has a double chance to have the incoming damage reduced.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

im thinking on puting it on ursa. Do i need to have the sages stage fully completed for it to work?
    Last edited by matilda; January 4th, 2017 at 16:22.

no it works straight away. but it helps more when warrior stages are complete as it increases the stat gains.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    im thinking on puting it on ursa. Do i need to have the sages stage fully completed for it to work?
    Its not for Sage, it's for Warrior.

You have to make the colours coincide.

Yellow for Warrior's, red for Sage
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    the shield works at random. it can be placed on any commander and even if that commander is not attacked it can be activated. I would put it on a strong ship to make sure its used more...or if everyone else is using the other armour put it on the FS as you dont need the FS as much and it means each ship has a double chance to have the incoming damage reduced.
    You sure on that?

I read that as triggering the active effect only when the host ship takes damage. This means if you run shielded ships (Geo/Anatoli), both Damonrick's Armor I/II and Cello's Shield I/II aren't going to activate until your shields drop (or you take poison/curse damage). Also note that the 16% activation chance is only for a lv16 slot:

0.5% for a lv0 slot, otherwise the % activation chance is the same as the slot level.

AFAIK you can get the activation as your commander gets destroyed, so from that aspect Cello's Shield is nice vs high-powered OHKO opponents (Ursa, FD, Fitz).

Note that the description of both Damonrick's Armor and Cello's Shield indicates their active effect operates on the DamageUp and DamageDown attributes (as opposed to ATK/DEF etc).

If you're full-up on Damonrick's Armor and don't have any orange-slot weapons (the bow or sword), you can still get the Shield activation by equipping it to the Sage's tier. It just won't boost the attributes.

Because the activation chance is so low on lv1 armor/shield, I've taken to placing them on ships which will generally take a lot of damage before dying (e.g. the ship that has Krill).
    time's up.

Ok so if i understand this right. I should put this on ursas warrior tier. Not sage right?

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    Ok so if i understand this right. I should put this on ursas warrior tier. Not sage right?
    If you have nothing on Warrior tier, then yes. If you already have something on Warrior tier, but have nothing on Sage tier, and your Sage tier is maximum level (or will be soon), and your other commanders have equipped Warrior tiers items, then placing it on Ursa's Sage tier is OK.
    time's up.

Thanks zenithor

Three-Star Admiral
    for those that have used both cello level1 vs damonrick level 1. which is better? reduce damage received vs random enemy damage. any experiences to share (assuming all levelled in warrior)? thanks