Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #22: Ursa

Commander Focus #22: Ursa

It was a while since the last commander focus was done so I have decided to write one. Normally done by Anakin, I hope he won’t mind if I show some activity and give back something to our community.

Ursa has been around for few months and was probably the last S4 Ranger released.

Ursa4.jpg

So let me get started, Ursa was advertised as Destroyer counter measure (at least as Tap has envisaged it) and released in early Oct 2016. At this moment no one would believe that this might actually be true, and as far as I can see it can be if you get many other things right and luck is on your side.

TAP 4 FUN Official announcement
    Captain: Ursa
    Task: Stop Team Destroyer
    Time: Oct 14, 2:00 UTC

Skill
    He is Ranger and monomer, with Skill Fury of the Wain: 150% S-ATK and increases his block by 80%. Additionally, links all friendly ships, if a linked friendly ship is destroyed, increases Ursas ATK and S-ATK Damage by 800%, lasting whole 3 rounds.

Ursa2a.jpg
    Ursa3a.png

This skill is very interesting let me split it in two: 1 BLOCK/Counter block and 2. KILL whatever is in your way! This really makes him a powerful OneHit KO killer when activated. He reminds me of Alfred, the difference that Alfred can activate his skill immediately and hides, with great dodge to last longer, on the other hand Ursa can unleash his “Fury” only as a response once someone from his crew has died (sad story but true as in real life) as a revenge or punishment… His Block/Counter allows him to fill up his accus very fast and this is what makes him very deadly..

Stats
    Now let’s look at his stats: ATK is impressive well in line with S5 commanders / strikers. His S-ATK is rather slow but because of 800% bonus this is fine, as he keep firing that ATK with Huge bonus in 3 rounds after activation and within this time His Accus are more than full (normally).

His Achilles’ Heel is Defense, He sucks at it! These defense stats are very low well below the S5 Azrael or other S4 commanders.

Block and Dodge are Great with extra bonus of 80% after S-ATK and bonuses from Galaconites, TS3, Lieutenant Kit, you can have block 140+ so he counters practically each shot is fired at him..
    Penetration, Hit rate and speed are decent for S4 commander.

Anti Crit at 20% is great which helps a bit on weak defensive side as well as fantastic 30% S-Damage reduction, which might help him survive long enough to the moment he is able to unleash his “Fury”

Ursa1a.jpg

Layout / Strategy

Because of his weak defense, it’s not great idea to have him as an opener (i.e. to shoot frst), risk is that he is dead very, very fast and you cannot benefit of his special skill set. In contrary Alfred is and can be used in the front line. Therefore he must be protected until someone else dies and preferably after Ursas S-ATK fired so the “dead” ship was linked by Ursa and then Ursa can start his orchestra. It is amazing to watch him in Action, because he can wipe out the entire opponents fleet, one by one…

This is demonstrated in following movie:
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/y1446V3nBPY

Or here http://galaxylegend.tap4fun.com/foru...-in-beast-mode

The Best strategy what I have seen was done by z3n, this guy deserves lot of credits for what he showed on forum and youtube. He is using Akhe as a opener, so if you are very fast this strategy work very nice also aginst Azrael/Stratus (cross attack skill) and makes them just monomer attackers, which is fantastic and once Akhe is dead and linked, Ursa Fury is unleashed Just watch the clip (courtesy of z3n).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNZb_Piv6tw

Here is again a different story to show - Against Buffed FD (Courtesy of z3n)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlVf...ature=youtu.be

As one can see the FD has superior skill and therefore must be blocked or locked, otherwise even Ursas supper buffed attack does not do too much damage. If you have FD sometimes is better to keep him in back row as well so opposite FD is skill-blocked by Jackie and other ships like Ursa can shine ..

Another interesting strategy was mentioned by CalicoGray88, he added Quasimodo into the line up.

Akhenaton fires first, hiding the rest.
    Quasimodo fires second, providing a free Duomillian.
    Since Akhenation has already activated his special, Duomillian is not hidden.
    by CalicoGray88

This strategy works well as long as you shoot first and in that case takes some heat of the Akhe, so he might be able to survive longer by sacrificing of Duomillian. All these strategis are build to support the Ursa and his skills and fail on cross attackers Azrael/Stratus if they shoot first and destroy/lock/cripple ships which Ursa needs for his support.

I have seen sometimes in GLeague I was able to kill fleets with Ursa (even buffed) but it really depends on luck (with setup I have in signature) and fire order ..

Primus:
    One very important aspect of Ursa – He can be used for Primus! (Courtesy of z3n)
    There are two options I have seen

1) Ursa with Lockers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9dNBin0H7Y

2) Ursa with Cryptor
    This is the best formation, and offers the best damage output.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZT4fwSKcw

Lieutenants:

Krill+7 is an obvious choice however not always best and quite risky. If unlucky the status is reverted to the stage without buff and this is then deadly.
    Elsa +4 is very good option as this can help him to survive 1 more round before any linked-ship gets killed. Personally I would prefer this option.

Summary: Great commander but very tricky to play with which might put off many players, however if you like challenge and fun, Ursa is definitively commander, which you might consider into your shipyard.

CREDITS, to z3n, NoPo and Hernan, those guys posted many of the ideas here on the forum I have just summarized it
    Note: Work in progress, to be continued ..
    上传的图像 上传的图像
    Last edited by Frankie; December 26th, 2016 at 14:36. Reason: modifications 26.12.
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Nice job Frankie, you almost have me on the point that i'm willing to spend on this commander
    If you are not in sales business already, you should consider it mate
    darre.s90 world 993 android
    Raksha +12 , Richard +13 , Azrael +12 , Queen Reindeer +12 , Kate +12

Respect is the keyword of civilisation

One-Star Admiral
    Ursa is fantastic!
    My 280million account with Akhenaton, Quasimodo, Armoray & URSA beat a 595million player ( Azrael, Fritz ,Incendos & Stratus) in the arena

Is Ursa good even with an Alfred in my team? Do they coordinate well? I may consider him. My next list is Stratus/fritz/Devil/Azreal. Ursa can be added in. I am in a dilemma, perhaps someone can help me?
    VIP 6 raylight.s570 world 1473 highest speed first in arena level 105
    My fleet: Ursa(+6)lt. violette(+4), Fearsome Devil(+6)lt jackie, Alfred(+7)lt.Krill(+7), Stratus(+7)lt.Kit(+4), Flagship(+6)lt.mileena. Give me suggestions to improve my fleet thank you!!

Thanks Frankie for the great guide. I'll dutiful study it to optimise my usage of Ursa
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Quote Originally Posted by Raylimyf View Post
    Is Ursa good even with an Alfred in my team? Do they coordinate well? I may consider him. My next list is Stratus/fritz/Devil/Azreal. Ursa can be added in. I am in a dilemma, perhaps someone can help me?
    I play with both Ursa and Alfred

They work well. If you want him, Alfred won't be a problem, unless you are short of ranger chips
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

One-Star Admiral
    I use Ursa with a sacrifice strategy
    Ursa now fires, linking Duomillian, Akhenaton, Quasimodo, Armoray & Flagship.
    Usually within the first round, one of the linked Cmdrs will be destroyed.
    Usually it's Duomillian
    So Ursa is buffed to 800% at the end of the 1st round

Hi wonderful people !
    I have to say, i wasn't liking him at first.
    I have to get accustomed to how handle this commander.
    After a while, having Ursa as a part of my fleet become really enjoyable.
    Being able to beat some Monsters Opponents becomes possible. Tricky, lucky or strategical... but possible !
    Being in Top32 level 100 ( crushed on first round tho) this CCC is a proof of his ability.
    I couldn't have dreamed of it without Ursa.
    Zarod23.s886
    Alliance Fighters / World565 IOS
    Brian +10(Kit+4), Louise+10(Zaffrey+4), Rashka+10 (Andrew+4), Caroline +13 (Krill+7), Burglar Kate+10 (Milena+6)

Nice Frankie! I hate Ursa. He block and kill everything, including my FD. Very annoying. If he was a multi-hitter instead of monomer I would buy him.

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoGray88 View Post
    I use Ursa with a sacrifice strategy
    Ursa now fires, linking Duomillian, Akhenaton, Quasimodo, Armoray & Flagship.
    Usually within the first round, one of the linked Cmdrs will be destroyed.
    Usually it's Duomillian
    So Ursa is buffed to 800% at the end of the 1st round
    Impressive tactics! I think I will try and avoid you in GL.