Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Christmas Market - Side Task Event [20 - 26 Dec 2016]

Quote Originally Posted by ASR1927 View Post
    Well apparently not, since I was told that I had to buy two galactonite at the same time and not one by one to benefit the "discount" (refund) for the second. I did the one by one buy, one on Saturday and one on Monday, and after the Monday purchase I was refunded 50%. So even people that understood it perfectly clearly.... didn't.

I think we differ in opinion of what is to constitute as a "second purchase half price". A refund after a full cost purchase is not a "half price" imo, it's a refund. If it was a "half price" then the second should have costed me 80/40 instead of 160/80.
    We don't difer, as it's what I've seen saying this pages. But if after that they clearly state that the discount is because they give a refund, then there's not much to discuss.

I'm quoting YOU here

Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

One-Star Admiral
    Same for me like ASR1927. I spend 2k extra and redeem 2x R6 Meteor. At my second one i get's the refund and i redeem 100 caps for the Module enhancing
    Draconic s.334 - World 1237 - Android
    Fleet: Raksha+8,FD+7,Azrael+8,Ursa+8,FS+7
    Leut: Krill+7,Jackie+1,Kit+4,Elsa+4,Violette+4

KAOS s.332 - World 1235 - Android
    Fleet: Star Lord+8,Dor+7,Stratus+7,Aquos+8,FS+7
    Leut: Krill+7,Kit+4,Paccar+7,Zaffrey+4,Dingo+4

I think we differ in opinion of what is to constitute as a "second purchase half price". A refund after a full cost purchase is not a "half price" imo, it's a refund. If it was a "half price" then the second should have costed me 80/40 instead of 160/80.
    I totally agree with you on this one mate, the text was as misleading as could be, i doubted the first days to prepare to go for 2 duals, but the warnings here on the forum held me back, luckely

Otherwise i consider it as a good event, thanks to the Xmas wormhole i was able to take a Magic Ray for 4,4k, never had one this cheap
    darre.s90 world 993 android
    Raksha +12 , Richard +13 , Azrael +12 , Queen Reindeer +12 , Kate +12

Respect is the keyword of civilisation

Quote Originally Posted by Hernan D View Post
    50% will be returned. It's not the same. You still need the full amount of items, and then they give you back half of items that are worth nothing unless you spend more to get some other stone.

So effectively, the discount will be for the 3rd stone, as only if you buy a 3rd one you will be able to make use of the discount
    And as you yourself point out so nicely the "discount" will be for the third stone.
    So they can't advertise the second as half cost since it's not. I paid full cost for the first and full cost for the second. That they then refunded half of it to use on a third purchase don't make the second at half cost. The third would be, not the second.

This i clearly false advertising and misleading. If they only stated that "after buying a second galactonite half of the cost will be refunded for further purchase" I would not have any problem with it. But to first claim that the second i at half cost, well that is not true no matter how much of the one time currency they re-pay. And it's not in any way ok just because it's Tap and this is how their events usually works.

Quote Originally Posted by darre View Post
    I totally agree with you on this one mate, the text was as misleading as could be, i doubted the first days to prepare to go for 2 duals, but the warnings here on the forum held me back, luckely

Otherwise i consider it as a good event, thanks to the Xmas wormhole i was able to take a Magic Ray for 4,4k, never had one this cheap
    Yes it's so annoying that they always deliberately try to screw you. Instead of being transparent and clear we always have to be cautious and suspicious before purchasing.

Congrats on the Magic ray. I would also have wanted to buy that but had to go for meteors this time. I think this event brought as many free items as the good good back in March I think it was, or February?. Worrying is that after that good one the following one was the worst regarding free items and cost if I remember correctly.