Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about Stratus and BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Pliusomiot View Post
    Actually Stratus and FD can be used toghether without significant inconveniences IF Stratus shoots just before FD (Stratus shooting last in a round while FD is first, maybe?)
    There you are! I feared that you had left the forum!

I don't know about this. Stratus lowers def by 80% while FD lowers def, s-def and e-def but only with 25%. I think that Stratus def debuff is the most valuable? So you would not want FD to override that?

Quote Originally Posted by ASR1927 View Post
    There you are! I feared that you had left the forum!

I don't know about this. Stratus lowers def by 80% while FD lowers def, s-def and e-def but only with 25%. I think that Stratus def debuff is the most valuable? So you would not want FD to override that?
    I'm looking at it from the perspective of low vip player who saved in time and got first Stratus then FD but has otherwise a modest fleet (no latest additions like Ursa & company)

FD debuff is actually a self-buffing on expense of opponent defensive capacity.

FD firing first will either
    A) trigger a Jackie loop but you will have one ship less to take down while stratus will lover def for next rounds
    or
    B) will insure that there will not be a jackie loop with a FD really hard to kill. In either cases you have pretty good chances to win.

Stratus could miss, too.
    First strike is most likely a special attack. 25% off from def and 25% off from sdef will lead to a pretty nice 50% off from opponent special attack's defensive ability
    If one have to opt for other monster commanders (Azrael, Ursa, Fitz) i'd consider another setup. I will start looking for a gold mine first, however, in order to be able to keep up with t4f apetite for cash

PS. I didn't quit and don't consider to quit in near future
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; January 4th, 2017 at 20:29.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

I'm looking at it from the perspective of low vip player who saved in time and got first Stratus then FD but has otherwise a modest fleet (no latest additions like Ursa & company)

FD debuff is actually a self-buffing on expense of opponent defensive capacity.

FD firing first will either
    A) trigger a Jackie loop but you will have one ship less to take down while stratus will lover def for next rounds
    or
    B) will insure that there will not be a jackie loop with a FD really hard to kill. In either cases you have pretty good chances to win.

Stratus could miss, too.
    First strike is most likely a special attack. 25% off from def and 25% off from sdef will lead to a pretty nice 50% off from opponent special attack's defensive ability
    If one have to opt for other monster commanders (Azrael, Ursa, Fitz) i'd consider another setup. I will start looking for a gold mine first, however, in order to be able to keep up with t4f apetite for cash

PS. I didn't quit and don't consider to quit in near future
    So you run both? I have seen in CCC that most top dogs also do that so I guess it's a solid combo?

I have FD, Azrael, Dor and Cryptor. Way too many monomers. I need a multihitter ans since Cryptor gives least value he has to go.

I have some credits in stock, not enough for Fitz but should be enough for Stratus worst case. Don't plan to spend more money here the way Tap run things so a last commander purchase and I guess Stratus is a good choice. Sure he don't have all the hokus pokus magic abilities of the new generation but cross attack and a decent chance to lock will always be a solid feature.

Yes, i have an account left from a quitting player with both FD and Stratus. And i have to say that i'm really conteny by the way how this combo works.

Yes, i have an account left from a quitting player with both FD and Stratus. And i have to say that i'm really conteny by the way how this combo works.
    in a way it is counter-intuitive ... if Stratus fires first and lowers defense... what is left for FD to steal?
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

One-Star Admiral Vitaliy Medvedev's Avatar
    FD will steal the rest
    nihilant.s328 World128(IOS)

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy Medvedev View Post
    FD will steal the rest

If nothing or less is left to steal for FD, no way to worry

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    in a way it is counter-intuitive ... if Stratus fires first and lowers defense... what is left for FD to steal?
    I think that def/sdef/edef attributes are restored to full before applying FD special, then he plunders them.

As i said, stratus special hit (def weakening) could miss targets, could not be applied due to randomization etc while FD plundering is applied no matter if the shot is actually a hit or a miss.

The other reason big fish opt for Stratus first is the 100% lock at high augment. While he may not hit all his opponents, he's got a really nice hit rate at that level, so it's rather likely he gets most/all of them.

FD opener: maybe kill 1 opponent, plunder defensives from everyone.
    Stratus opener: maybe kill 1+ opponents, augment-dependent maybe lock 1+ opponents, massive DEF-down of those he does hit.

If you know you're slower and run a destroyer for jackie loop purposes, there's no reason not to have your first shooter be Stratus, (unless you happen to have Starlord )
    time's up.