Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Playing without destroyer, is it good? Brom vs roxy

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Ok so Ursa on equal power can withstand a shot from FD, does Ursa kill FD when returning the shot? If not then surely FD kills Ursa on the next shot, or if a commander is placed directly behind FD Ursa is doomed. Either way that leaves FD to wipe the floor with anything else.
    Depends on how many other commanders FD has plundered Def, SDef & EDef. I have encountered a few times a fleet of opposing force that is similar to mine and his Ursa could take 3 of my FD's special attack.

When there are less of the opponents commanders to plunder the defence stats from my FD has been killed by the opponents Ursa. Usually by this time both our fleets are not in the best of health.

And that is the opposite situation. FD's is strong the more opposing commanders and more times he plunders. While Ursa gets stronger the more of this fleet is killed after this special is activated.

He is not the only commander i am wary of/ Ursa, Azrael, and even Alfred are nasty commanders if they get a lucky shot off. The difference is i can at least control FD but i have little control over the others except with Maggie turning off Alfred's damage. Maggie has little effect on the other 2.
    That is also true for me, unfortunately I don't have maggie
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Ok so Ursa on equal power can withstand a shot from FD, does Ursa kill FD when returning the shot? If not then surely FD kills Ursa on the next shot, or if a commander is placed directly behind FD Ursa is doomed. Either way that leaves FD to wipe the floor with anything else.

I watched a video of FD killing Optimus Prime who has darks. Optimus was a lot higher in force but could only do 22 damage to FD. I know things are changing with MC but still i wouldnt let FD have free reign if i can help it.

He is not the only commander i am wary of/ Ursa, Azrael, and even Alfred are nasty commanders if they get a lucky shot off. The difference is i can at least control FD but i have little control over the others except with Maggie turning off Alfred's damage. Maggie has little effect on the other 2.
    A buffed FD can withstand a buffed Ursa shot.

So the importance of having a destroyer is not for resisting a FD Satk, but to make him vulnerable.

If you have Ursa but no Destroyer to block FD, there's a very good chance you will lose (considering similar force players)
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    And that is the opposite situation. FD's is strong the more opposing commanders and more times he plunders. While Ursa gets stronger the more of this fleet is killed after this special is activated.
    True, but it works only once. FD doesn't get stronger the more times he plunders and Ursa doesn't get stronger the more ships you lose. FD buff works for 1 round. And Ursa needs one ship to be killed (under his "shield") to activate the 700% buff (at +7). He doesn't get 1400% if you lose 2 ships
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Hernan D View Post
    True, but it works only once. FD doesn't get stronger the more times he plunders and Ursa doesn't get stronger the more ships you lose. FD buff works for 1 round. And Ursa needs one ship to be killed (under his "shield") to activate the 700% buff (at +7). He doesn't get 1400% if you lose 2 ships
    Thanks for the clarification on Ursa
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

One-Star Admiral
    A buffed FD can withstand a buffed Ursa shot.

So the importance of having a destroyer is not for resisting a FD Satk, but to make him vulnerable.

If you have Ursa but no Destroyer to block FD, there's a very good chance you will lose (considering similar force players)
    A fully buffed FD (5 ships plundered) can indeed withstand the Ursa shot, but as soon as you have only 3 ships that FD plunders, then it's a totally different story ... he will drop in the blink of an eye.

In fact the only major problem I have with FD fleets is when the fleets are about equal power, Ursa is in front of FD and tanks it perfectly well for about 3 turns, but ... the rest of the enemy fleet isn't capable of killing one of my ships and I am not capable of killing his with the rest of my fleet while Alfred refuses to activate Elsa so that anything behind Ursa is exposed and dies in order for him to get the buff.

FD gets weaker the more ships you lose, and if you have only 3 ships (including Ursa) then in maximum 2 hits he's history.
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post

FD gets weaker the more ships you lose, and if you have only 3 ships (including Ursa) then in maximum 2 hits he's history.
    I know. That's not what I said though. I said he didn't get stronger with the amount of times he plunders. They are not stackable
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS